What's new

Do you allow others to manage their own page on your site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Do you allow others on your site, to manage their own pages? Like, lets say I included a blog area for just one person. Would you allow that person to have full access to that portion of the page? In turn, allowing them to alter it how they see fit and also add new content whenever they want. Do you think this would be a good idea?

No. I don't think that it's a good idea to allow anyone to make changes to your content without your consent. If you are satisfied with the content/blogpost that is already posted on your site and you don't want any changes to it, then no one should be allowed to alter it.

It is good have someone manage your website but it comes with drawback as often they may create low quality content which may harm your website and may not gives more time on your website compare to you.

This is something that actually looks like a very good idea for me and it is even going to allow that quality content is going to be posted on your website since you are going to make it free.

I have a forum that has an article section where anyone is free to post but they go through a pending approval status as I want them to follow a specific theme so they are able to do this but before it goes live, it has to be approved.

I don't think I can allow that. Website is not something to be played with. If you give access to people to be managing their pages on your website, you will surprise at how your website will be rough used.

For something like this to work, they must be willing to pay a fee before getting to run it.

This is something that has to be agreed upon before getting to allow them manage their page on my website.

For something like this to work, they must be willing to pay a fee before getting to run it.

This is something that has to be agreed upon before getting to allow them manage their page on my website.
The content also must match community guidelines because this is a part of your website so the content that will be promoted should be discussed first and view if this is meeting community guidelines and term of services before anything.

Do you allow others on your site, to manage their own pages? Like, lets say I included a blog area for just one person. Would you allow that person to have full access to that portion of the page? In turn, allowing them to alter it how they see fit and also add new content whenever they want. Do you think this would be a good idea?
Creating a website is a bit interesting but creating and managing a website is a whole new work altogether. Most of the times, I create website for people but, hardly manage it for them.

Creating a website is a bit interesting but creating and managing a website is a whole new work altogether. Most of the times, I create website for people but, hardly manage it for them.
I could give you example:
For example you could create a board where the moderator is someone and this part is required like having sub part of forum where a moderator is publishing content and getting users interact by the require of the person itself.

Some website owners have a specific and special sections that are created for specific kinds of members, moderators, and admins of the website. These sections are special marketplaces and offers that pay good money.

Personally if I will be hosting a site, I will be the only person yo take all full responsibility of managing everything on my website any other external control can only be delegated. though everyone has it own way of managing things.

I don't believe it's a smart idea to let someone edit your content without your permission.
Nobody should be able to change the content or posting that is already published on your website if you are happy with it and don't want any modifications made.

I could give you example:
For example you could create a board where the moderator is someone and this part is required like having sub part of forum where a moderator is publishing content and getting users interact by the require of the person itself.
But I still can't allow them to alter anything in the page without my consent. Its my website and even though they're managing the website, they still need my consent to change anything in it.

But I still can't allow them to alter anything in the page without my consent. Its my website and even though they're managing the website, they still need my consent to change anything in it.

I think that asking for the permission of the website owner could be really important, especially if the website does not belong to you. We need to make sure that we do no do something that could make the owner of the site uneasy.

Yes I do allow my users to have their own sub forum in my website. However, it's only for loyal people who got at least 5k posts in the forum. Well, it's an anime forum and it's not that easy to get that count.

Also, it would be like a perk and some of the users are actually interested in having their own sub-forum where they could post whatever they want. I don't monitor those sub forums daily and it's up to the users to clean up their own sub forums.

Once in a while we check the content to make sure that they follow the website guidelines. Also, apart from YouTube, FB, and other social media links, no others links are allowed even in those sub forums.

Well looking at this closely Thi is not something that actually looks like a very good or reasonable idea for me and it is even going to allow that quality content is going to be posted on your website since you are going to make it free of charge without collecting a dime

Yes I do allow my users to have their own sub forum in my website. However, it's only for loyal people who got at least 5k posts in the forum. Well, it's an anime forum and it's not that easy to get that count.

Also, it would be like a perk and some of the users are actually interested in having their own sub-forum where they could post whatever they want. I don't monitor those sub forums daily and it's up to the users to clean up their own sub forums.

Once in a while we check the content to make sure that they follow the website guidelines. Also, apart from YouTube, FB, and other social media links, no others links are allowed even in those sub forums.

So, what is the name of your forum and do you pay people to post? What is the niche of your forum and how many members do you have on your forum right now?

I don't think anyone can be as loyal to your work as you are to your work, So you should handle your own work by your own because website work not as easy as people think.

Allowing someone to change your material sans your consent is not something I think is a good idea.If you are comfortable with the information
and posts originally released on your online platform and do not want any changes made, then why should anyone be permitted to alter them?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back