What's new

Different Types of Traffic and How You Can Get Them

social media traffic is one popular one
This is simply traffic that has come from networks like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. If you do any kind of social media marketing, then make sure you set up your Google Analytics platform to track the traffic that lands on your site from social media. This can include social media ads as well as specific promotions and general posts. Social media is a tricky medium to work, but it’s extremely cost effective when done correctly.

Social media is one of the best form.of trafficking right now in the whole world, there are different type of social media e.g YouTube and Facebook.These describe exactly how that traffic arrived at your site.

I never thought I would write on the topic that has been talked millions of times on the internet. However, some of the members in this community don't even seem to have a proper knowledge on this topic, therefore, I decided to write a short note.
Traffic is basically divided into two categories: Web traffic and Mobile Traffic. Web traffic is the traffic coming from desktop computers or laptops. Mobile traffic is the traffic coming from hand held devices like mobile phone, tabs, etc. Whether it is mobile traffic or web traffic, the traffic comes from various sources and based on the sources they are categorized into different groups
Organic Traffic: When the visitors come to your blog, website, or app, via Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other search engines it is called organic traffic. You get organic traffic, when people find your blog/website/app while searching on Google, etc. and clicks on the search result to visit your website/bog.
Referral Traffic: When people clicks on the links you have shared on social media, bookmarking sites, or content discovery platforms, it is called referral traffic (just because the site, where you have shared your website, referred visitors to your site.
Direct traffic: All the traffic that is not organic or referral is direct traffic, for example traffic coming from forums, blogs, emails and other websites are direct traffic.
I really love your in-depth explanation on different kinds of traffic. Organic traffic is one of the best, but referral traffic is the one I use most, and it's always cost effective for me. Search engine optimization also helps you to draw more traffic. If you really want to grow your business in the internet space, you have to explore these traffic avenues.

There are different types of traffic: Direct, Organic, Referral, Social, Email, Display and Paid. These describe exactly how that traffi carrived at your site. Where Can I Find This Metric: There isn't one place where Traffic is written out.

You did absolute justice to this topic, I commend your ability to break the subject down to my understanding. Now I have learnt the various types of traffic that we have. The knowledge of these will enable me to be successful in driving traffic to my website.

The number of visitors to a website, and the pages they click on, is called website traffic. Translation: Traffic is the overarching term we use to describe Users/Visitors and their activity on your site. There are different types of traffic: Direct, Organic, Referral, Social, Email, Display and Paid.

For most of the people getting organic traffic is near to impossible. Therefore, they stray with referral traffic. Referral traffic is at least easy to get as you can spend some money to boost your social post and get referral traffic.

Organic traffic is hard to come if we're using hosting services. We ought to provide the organic traffic through our publications, we should go and be tenting traffic cos it won't last long. If its about gaining referrals, then we can use hosting services to get enough.

Thanks so much for this wonderful information. Now I can distinguish between the three basic traffic that we have.
1. Organic traffic
2. Referred traffic
3. Direct traffic.
The direct traffic can be so much annoying especially when not related to what you are searching at that particular time.

Thank you very much for sitting to write this very insightful article and from what I have observed, it is best that someone horas do the organic traffic the most out of the rest.

I never thought I would write on the topic that has been talked millions of times on the internet. However, some of the members in this community don't even seem to have a proper knowledge on this topic, therefore, I decided to write a short note.
Traffic is basically divided into two categories: Web traffic and Mobile Traffic. Web traffic is the traffic coming from desktop computers or laptops. Mobile traffic is the traffic coming from hand held devices like mobile phone, tabs, etc. Whether it is mobile traffic or web traffic, the traffic comes from various sources and based on the sources they are categorized into different groups
Organic Traffic: When the visitors come to your blog, website, or app, via Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other search engines it is called organic traffic. You get organic traffic, when people find your blog/website/app while searching on Google, etc. and clicks on the search result to visit your website/bog.
Referral Traffic: When people clicks on the links you have shared on social media, bookmarking sites, or content discovery platforms, it is called referral traffic (just because the site, where you have shared your website, referred visitors to your site.
Direct traffic: All the traffic that is not organic or referral is direct traffic, for example traffic coming from forums, blogs, emails and other websites are direct traffic.
You really have given is a very good piece to chew on for a long time because this is very very valuable at a time like this when most of us here really need to get the proper education on getting good traffic to our sites

If your content are on evergreen topics, you might get more traffic from search engines. social sites are suitable for current topics. This is base don my experience.

you can also get traffic from search engines if your content is on current topic. In fact current topic is most searched terms on the search engines. If you dn't believe me check google trends.

Wow i think this is a really nice topic or write up and it is really helpful.And as you’ve said that some of the members in this community don't even seem to have a proper knowledge on this topic, i think I’m also one of them and this is really interesting to me

you can also get traffic from search engines if your content is on current topic. In fact current topic is most searched terms on the search engines. If you dn't believe me check google trends.
Yes, you can get traffic from search engines on current topics, but the traffic will die once the topic will become stale. You should focus on building ever green content.

I remember years ago when I decided to try out blogging,I was about 17 then I ended up copying and pasting without edits and stuffd

Thanks for the info, though I am yet to get a website but this definitely would be of great reference in the future, there's love in sharing.

All kinds of traffic exist just to create awareness and drive visitors to a particular website, the type of traffic to use would depend on the management.

That's a very good information and profitable because there are only business that only thrives when there is a traffic otherwise you will not get anything from it.

With how you explained I believe it's very easy to understand. The common one amongst the ones you mentioned, I believe would be referral traffic.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back