What's new

Can you sue someone who slanders your name or business on social media?

I believe the legal term is "Social Media Defamation".

I am not sure how this functions or whether or not you can actually sue as well as on what grounds. I have heard of people sharing lies about companies and getting away with it. So I am curious as to the process of doing this and how you know if you can actually sue or not.

I believe that this is something that can actually be done for someone who is interested in taking such matters up but I don't really think it is something that I'll be willing to do as long as I have a proof that whatever the person you have said about my business is a lie.

In our country, there is a law that books a person who slanders a person or his business on social media. If someone has slandered your name on social media, you will have to go to the cyber bureau and file a complaint. Actions will be taken by the police.

Yes, you can sue for defamation on social media in my state. If you can prove your personality have been defamed publicly, the law will back you to claim damages. It's why I'm very careful with what I post and comment online.

I nearly sued my classmate when we were in the university for defamatory remarks. He accused me of planning murder without any proof. I called him and wrote to our department asking for permission to take the matter out of school. They pleaded with me to resolve the matter internally in school. After two sitting sessions with the guy, he was made sign an undertaken I wanted.

Yes, you can sue for defamation on social media in my state. If you can prove your personality have been defamed publicly, the law will back you to claim damages. It's why I'm very careful with what I post and comment online.

The funny thing is that many companies know that they cannot target a company directly because the local business laws may never allow them to target the business directly. This is why they target the other companies in an indirect method! This is something I have noticed many times.

In our country, there is a law that books a person who slanders a person or his business on social media. If someone has slandered your name on social media, you will have to go to the cyber bureau and file a complaint. Actions will be taken by the police.

The problem I have with dealing with the police in my country is that they are always very corrupt and easily bribed which is the reason why I try as much as possible to avoid using them in any kind of legal issues that I have.

I will just make sure that I involved my lawyer and the court directly without getting the police involved because they can easily be swayed.

It depends on what is said, and it needs to be damaging enough to where it could have potential to damage your reputation or hurts your business. Especially if what's being said is false. You may not have much leeway if someone speaks the truth, but that depends on if that truth is widely known or not. If it's not, then that person could be in trouble for slander.

I don't know the official rules, but I think if it causes problems in the life of whoever is slandered, they may have a case for it.

The problem I have with dealing with the police in my country is that they are always very corrupt and easily bribed which is the reason why I try as much as possible to avoid using them in any kind of legal issues that I have.

I will just make sure that I involved my lawyer and the court directly without getting the police involved because they can easily be swayed.

Police is corrupt in many countries and this is the kind of problem which might be hard to change. They take advantage of their powers. However, when it comes to business, things could be different. Most of the legal issues such as slandering the name of a business are dealt by lawyers in a business court. Police might not have that much to do when it comes to such kind of problems generally.

I nearly sued my classmate when we were in the university for defamatory remarks. He accused me of planning murder without any proof. I called him and wrote to our department asking for permission to take the matter out of school. They pleaded with me to resolve the matter internally in school. After two sitting sessions with the guy, he was made sign an undertaken I wanted.
If I were in your shoes, I will never agree to an undertaken. I will gain more from suing. It will teach the guy a big lessons in his life to mind how he talks in public. He was let off cheaply the way you agreed to him signing a mere undertaken.

If I were in your shoes, I will never agree to an undertaken. I will gain more from suing. It will teach the guy a big lessons in his life to mind how he talks in public. He was let off cheaply the way you agreed to him signing a mere undertaken.

Well, the fact remains that suing someone may not be that easy. The fact remains that a person may have a solid reason to sue the other person. However, in case if a person is directly attacking the business, then in such kind of case the person may have the ability to sue the other. It depends on the circumstances and the kind of offence.

There was so many issues that was going on in my department that time and bringing in a lawsuit into the mix would have blown everything out of proportion. I had to listen and take my head of department's plea to accept just the undertaken. It was why I didn't push to see the case out.

Well, the fact remains that suing someone may not be that easy. The fact remains that a person may have a solid reason to sue the other person. However, in case if a person is directly attacking the business, then in such kind of case the person may have the ability to sue the other. It depends on the circumstances and the kind of offence.
There's nothing difficult in suing anyone or any business. If there's a probable cause to sue, you need to contact your lawyer. He will have all the necessary documents drawn out, signed and sent to the defendant.

It depends on what is said, and it needs to be damaging enough to where it could have potential to damage your reputation or hurts your business. Especially if what's being said is false. You may not have much leeway if someone speaks the truth, but that depends on if that truth is widely known or not. If it's not, then that person could be in trouble for slander.

I don't know the official rules, but I think if it causes problems in the life of whoever is slandered, they may have a case for it.

The rule is that what's been said is going to be capable of influencing how theirs are going to related to you. When the slander or defamation is going to cause people to stay away from you, it's a very good cause to sue and it's going to be accepted. Once people no long want to do anything with you, your reputation have been wrecked.

There's nothing difficult in suing anyone or any business. If there's a probable cause to sue, you need to contact your lawyer. He will have all the necessary documents drawn out, signed and sent to the defendant.

The fact remains that there should be a solid and valid reason for suing someone. If there is no valid reason for suing someone, then you cannot sue anyone. It also depends on the kind of offence committed. If laws allow you to sue someone for slandering your name, then you could do that.

The fact remains that there should be a solid and valid reason for suing someone. If there is no valid reason for suing someone, then you cannot sue anyone. It also depends on the kind of offence committed. If laws allow you to sue someone for slandering your name, then you could do that.
If I have any intention of suing anyone or a company, I will table down everything to my lawyer, it's his professional duty to find out if there's a probable cause I can sue for which I may have a good chance of winning the case. Slander is against the law in any country I've been to.

Whenever there is no enough reason for you to sue somebody, it is going to be a complete waste of time for you to even try it out. If you have a legal team that knows exactly what they're doing, they would simply advise you that this kind of case is not something that is going to hold in the court of law, so you have to give it up.

Whenever there is no enough reason for you to sue somebody, it is going to be a complete waste of time for you to even try it out. If you have a legal team that knows exactly what they're doing, they would simply advise you that this kind of case is not something that is going to hold in the court of law, so you have to give it up.

I would never give up prior to contacting the person who is misusing my company's name. It is very important to know why the name of the company is being misused. The agenda behind such kind of people should be unveiled. Having said that, you must do every thing in order to protect your business from such kind of people. They may have a specific mission and they may want to destroy your business.

I would never give up prior to contacting the person who is misusing my company's name. It is very important to know why the name of the company is being misused. The agenda behind such kind of people should be unveiled. Having said that, you must do every thing in order to protect your business from such kind of people. They may have a specific mission and they may want to destroy your business.

Personally, I don't have any business contacting someone who is knowingly misusing and abusing my business name for his or her own financial gain or any other reason why they have, but I am only just going to sort out with my legal team to know if it is something that I can sue them for and get them to pay dearly for it it is something that I'm going to do.

Personally, I don't have any business contacting someone who is knowingly misusing and abusing my business name for his or her own financial gain or any other reason why they have, but I am only just going to sort out with my legal team to know if it is something that I can sue them for and get them to pay dearly for it it is something that I'm going to do.

In case if a person is purposely doing this, then I do not think that contacting such kind of person or group of people would be required. In that case, you can file a lawsuit against such kind of person who may be misusing the name of the company. If a person never stopped before, then the chances are that such kind of people will never stop in the future as well.

In case if a person is purposely doing this, then I do not think that contacting such kind of person or group of people would be required. In that case, you can file a lawsuit against such kind of person who may be misusing the name of the company. If a person never stopped before, then the chances are that such kind of people will never stop in the future as well.

Even if they are not doing it on purpose, getting them shaken by the law is going to be a good wake up call for them to be very careful how they carry out their own business. It's not right to carry out your own business in a way that it's going to affect another person's business in a bad way even if it's for competition's sake.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back