What's new

Can you sue someone who slanders your name or business on social media?

There is a section in my country's Constitution that provide prosecution for the case of "deformation of character". I will definitely sue any body who deform my character or business on social media or offline provided that evidence is on table.

defamation of character is a very serious crime, in some countries, it is a very grievous offence and you can go to jail for it and also pay hefty fine if you are found guilty.

defamation of character is a very serious crime, in some countries, it is a very grievous offence and you can go to jail for it and also pay hefty fine if you are found guilty.

Well, this might be a really huge problem, but the fact of the matter remains that if a customer is annoyed and if he has some genuine reasons to complain, then it might be the responsibility of the company to address the issue.

There's a law kicking on defamation of character andnits a real serious offence that can lead the accuse to having jail term , and if not , the accuse will have to pay a huge amount of money as fine .

I believe the legal term is "Social Media Defamation".

I am not sure how this functions or whether or not you can actually sue as well as on what grounds. I have heard of people sharing lies about companies and getting away with it. So I am curious as to the process of doing this and how you know if you can actually sue or not.
Absolutely, you can file a lawsuit against someone who has defamed your brand or company on social media. You have the legal recourse to sue someone who has publicized inaccurate and detrimental claims about you or your company since libel is a violation of law.

Definitely you can Sue anyone that slanders your business online. It depends on what the person writes or the review a person write about your business either it is legit or it is not. When you saw anyone whose land is a business and you report them to the government official you also should be sure that what the person is saying it is not outright in a wrong else you have to be punished.
If I have the financial means I would definition sue whoever that slanders me as the court of public opinion would definitely pass judgemental on me before I have the chance to prove my innocence.

Yes i believe it is very possible to do so, especially in a country where the law is highly respected and followed, you have every right to sue does who talk bad about your business be it online or offline.

Yes i believe it is very possible to do so, especially in a country where the law is highly respected and followed, you have every right to sue does who talk bad about your business be it online or offline.
Sueing a person that slanders you online can be very uneasy. This is due to the fact that alot are online with fake names and it would be difficult to track and reach out to them.

Sueing a person that slanders you online can be very uneasy. This is due to the fact that alot are online with fake names and it would be difficult to track and reach out to them.
That's one issue, it might be pretty hard to track these persons offline, especially if they are using different names for their handlers. you would end up spending more trying to track them down.

this is another flipside to the issue as there are so many fake account these days and it is very hard to tell a real account and a fake one, and people can hide under this guise to defame other people.

That's one issue, it might be pretty hard to track these persons offline, especially if they are using different names for their handlers. you would end up spending more trying to track them down.
This is very common on platforms such as Twitter.
while I am an advocate of freedom of speech, some people are just too extreme in their interactions.

This is very common on platforms such as Twitter.
while I am an advocate of freedom of speech, some people are just too extreme in their interactions.

There could be a few cases where the customer might have had sued the company. We must note that freedom of speech does not mean freedom of hatred and freedom to slander people or a race.

There could be a few cases where the customer might have had sued the company. We must note that freedom of speech does not mean freedom of hatred and freedom to slander people or a race.
Yes definitely, there are boundaries. That is why the court critically examine the case to see which category it clearly falls into before finally giving out their verdict on the case.

I think you have every right to sue anyone who trolls you or your business in social media. That is a crime that is punishable by the law because I understand that most countries have rules against cyber bullying.

Actually sometimes it depends on the circumstances at hand but to some instances I can not use him because of what he broadcaste about myself or my business so far I know what I am doing either good or bad.
It is normal for me to Sue anybody that is sabotaging my business and my business name because it will give me a bad reputation outside when someone starts saying the things that I did not do

If the slander is enough to destroy the reputation of my business, I would definitely sue the person. Not to get any compensation but to just clear the reputation of my business. A bad reputation can completely wreck a business.

Making a law suit on someone when slander your name or business offline is possible but i dont really know if you have the power to sue someone who insult you on social media .

Making a law suit on someone when slander your name or business offline is possible but i dont really know if you have the power to sue someone who insult you on social media .

It really depends on the laws of the land and how they're written. Slander is usually done verbally and libel is when it's done in written form, so that would be for online as well.

I think that judges look to see what was said, what harm was caused because of it and perhaps even the intent behind it.

The judge also looks to see what is factual vs what is opinion. If you scam someone and a customer calls you out on that, it's not libel if it's true. So you can't sue someone for that.

When someone slanders you or your business, it has the ability of bringing your business down. It can affect the psyche of your customers and how they view you. I would sue such a person.

Yes, you can sue someone for defamation and sharing lies about your website. The law is frown on social defamation and sharing of lies against a person. Just gather all the evidence you'll need before you sue.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back