What's new

At what age should an entrepreneur retire?

If were to ask Entrepreneur should retire as long as there is someone who could take place. After retiring we can travel to other countries and we should enjoy our fruits of labor. If you are a young entrepreneur my estimate to retire at the age of 40.

Is there a set time for entrepreneurs to retire?, i don't think so. Have not heard that bill gates, jack ma and the likes have retired so far. I feel you will be an entrepreneur forever, just that you will be doing more the thinking part and not the working part.

From age sixty 60 to sixty-five and above, an entrepreneur should start considering retirement and leave the job for younger and fresher minds to take over. As one gets older than sixty-five, one should consider resting at home.

As an entrepreneur, the retirement age is not fixed and many would want to stay in business to be relevant in the business world.
50yrs of age is an ideal time for me, because I'm the type that wants to stay beyond 25Years in business.

Allowing another brilliant mind to take over the business while I enjoy my retirement at that age is cool.

What about you?
The best stage to start putting aside fund for your inevitable retirement is now. The earlier you start preparing for your retirement, the better for you. So, why not start now and right away?

If I asked you to picture a typical entrepreneur, chances are the image in your head would be the 30-something founder of a tech startup. It probably wouldn’t be a pensioner choosing entrepreneurship over retirement.

Most people feel that retire must come at 60, I totally disagree with that retirement can come at anytime. In fact you should retire when you feel not up to it anymore, when you notice the breaking down of your nervous system when you over stress yourself before retiring then what happens after retirement, most people are been confine to a place because of their health situations and it is as a result of how they overworked themselves in the days of their youth.

For one to be in business for about 60years is enough to retire in the business meanwhile must have taught some persons under you how to run such business so that at age when you rite someone else will take over from there and manage the business.

Unlike government or some private company's workers who have fixed age for retirement, entrepreneur owns his or her business and can determine when he or she wish to rest from active service base on will not law.
Yes, you are right of you said. As entrepreneur who doesn't work under government or any private firm can get retire at any time he/she wishes to do so, as far that he/she own boss of himself/herself. Some people can sell their business or replace their child to continue of running the business.

I see an entrepreneur as someone who has once served somewhere and feels like the strength can't carry on. He plans on something to do while resting and again age isn't there. He can at this time, hand over to his trusted son or daughter.

To me, t doesn't matter how long you handle your business as an entrepreneur. What is important is to mould the type of successor that you want for your business. I have always been of the opinion that you should take more than 10 years to build someone that will be there to take care of the business when you decide to rest and relax.
Building someone that can take care of the business might not be easy as it sounds @Henrywrites. the reason entrepreneurs should consider retiring early allowing someone who understand the business and the industry to manage it affairs.

At the age when you have been able to hand over the business to let's say your child or anyone you're trustworthy about. Normally, there is no retirement age for entrepreneurship but when you have achieved so greatly that you can hand over the business to your children, you can retire by that time to take some rest.
As an entrepreneur, the retirement age is not fixed and many would want to stay in business to be relevant in the business world.
50yrs of age is an ideal time for me, because I'm the type that wants to stay beyond 25Years in business.

Allowing another brilliant mind to take over the business while I enjoy my retirement at that age is cool.

What about you?

At the age when you have been able to hand over the business to let's say your child or anyone you're trustworthy about. Normally, there is no retirement age for entrepreneurship but when you have achieved so greatly that you can hand over the business to your children, you can retire by that time to take some rest.
@Olubayo12 the right thing to do is allow someone who is of like mind, vision and commitment to drive the business to new height. Not necessarily ones child or relative, but He who understand the dynamics of the industry.

A
@Olubayo12 the right thing to do is allow someone who is of like mind, vision and commitment to drive the business to new height. Not necessarily ones child or relative, but He who understand the dynamics of the industry.
well, i would agree with you if and only if the person is trustworthy and honesty. There have been instances of handling over businesses to people who will squander your hard earned labour over a short period of time.

A

well, i would agree with you if and only if the person is trustworthy and honesty. There have been instances of handling over businesses to people who will squander your hard earned labour over a short period of time.
@Olubayo12 now you get my views. The reason most successful billionaires of this world hardly rely on relatives to take over their business empire. The best person should be elected to fill in the role not necessarily a relative.

There is no fixed age for retirement if you are entrepreneurer but there is for government workers. As an entrepreneurer I think you can retire whenever you discover that you don't have strength to maintain the business. Moreover, I will suggest the age of 65yrs for retirement.

There is really no ideal age when you want to retire. We have his point of view there for sure. In my opinion, I will retire when I know in myself that I can no longer work; what i mean is, you can easily get tired of just a little movement because you are getting older. But as long as I'm young and my body can still work and do business, I still go. I will also think that when I have no job and retiree I will have savjbgs available aa when I grow old.

The truth is that retirement does not have to be at 65.Whenever the owner chooses to retire, the business needs to be in good shape and with plenty of growth opportunity ahead. Businesses that stagnate for a number of years whilst the owner waits to retire are not very attractive to buyers as the full potential of the business has not been demonstrated for some time. To sell a business successfully and for optimum value, owners need to maintain their enthusiasm and exit when they are at the top of their game.

It can often be the case that for business owners in their 70’s and 80’s, it is the family that usually managed to persuade them that it is time to retire – before it’s too late. However many owners simply do not wish to retire – running a business keeps them young. Whilst this is entirely understandable, a business is an investment that needs to be considered along with any other inheritance planning, and one which needs careful management to realise its value for the next generation.

An entrepreneur should not have a specific age to retire an entrepreneur may wish to retire when he or she feels the need to rest after many years of being in the struggle of business

There is no particular time to retire for entrepreneur . Because he is not linked with govt or any company which compel him to retire. But he can retire at late 60s. But some successful Entrepreneur got huge fame after their age of 55 . But when he wants to retire he should retire.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back