What's new

At what age should an entrepreneur retire?

The ideal time for an entrepreneur to retire is probably when he feels not quite strong to do the business anymore, it can range from fifty to Eighty years. Since it's a personal business, the enterprenuers can decide whenever he chooses to retire.

We have often been told that every company that wants to live beyond its founder must have a succession plan which must transition from one head to another.
With the recent news of Jeff Because retiring is an encouraging feat for aspiring company heads to also look into a future beyond them when their mental capacity and that killer instinct they had begins to fade.

It's only government workers and employees of big organizations that their retirement age is fixed. As an entrepreneur, you can choose to retire early if you feel that you have enough money to take care of yourself and family, or you can choose to work for as long as your body can carry you.

Basically, the age can be likened to the nature of the business, but the owner can retire at any stage of his or her choice, business base on trust: Deliver everything you promise on time and return phone calls and emails promptly. When your customers know they can count on you to deliver what you promise on time, you will get more repeat business and referrals than you can handle.

In my opinion there is no retirement age for entrepreneur because unlike White Collar jobstyou do not have much things to take care of you can go at your own pace for employees subordinateswhile you watch over them.

Well I don't think there is a specific age to retire, I feel like when you reach a certain stage in your business career you can retire. Say for example you run a business on auto pilot. The business does not require your physical presence all the time, while you keep earning.

Generally, average retirement ages are substantially higher in self-employment than in paid employment, implying that it encouraging older entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs can retire at any age so wished depending on how functional and active they are.

In most countries, retirement age is 65 and above. For online entrepreneurs that believe in retiring at a very young age. I will like to retire before 45 years, go to a remote island and let my investments fund my lifestyle.

There is no fixed age for an entrepreneur to retire, it all depends on his physical and mental health. If a seventy year old man is still capable of running a business successfully there Is no reason why he shouldn't continue but once he feels he doesn't have the mental ability to, I think it's best he allow a younger person run the business

The age of retirement depends on the entrepreneur hand. You can at any age of your wish, though there is a particular fixed age for government workers but one can get retire before the fixed time reach. The average retirement age is 65.
Yes, you made a point of what you said. If it's private business, entrepreneur can retire at age he/she wish to get retire, but he/she will make sure that there is some one that trustworthy who will continue to monitor the business for him/her . Even some People make their child take over the company/Business.

Even if you retire your old bones, your knowledge is still needed, while the strength and energy are for the young one. Your business wisdom, experience, critical thinking and exposure is what takes a business to greater heights. You need the idea first before physical work. So the answer is when they brain is non functional.

For me, I don't think there should be a specific age for retirement for an entrepreneur. However when I feel am so old, I will groom the young ones and eventually allow them take over, while I relegate myself to the background and offer the necessary advice when the need arises.

No retirement for an entrepreneur , no age limit for a business man. You can do business till your old age and never retired till you grow old and hand over the business to your generation.

There is no specific time or age an entrepreneur should retire. Depending on the nature of the business. I will say that one can retire when he or she is financially successful. And also if there is someone who will take up the running of the affairs of the business. Then such an entrepreneur can take the back seat.

According to studies out of Duke University, the Kauffman Foundation, the Founder Institute, and Northwestern, the average entrepreneur is actually 40 years old when launching his or her first startup--and the average age of leaders of high-growth startups is 45 years old.

For me, I don't think there should be a specific age for retirement for an entrepreneur. However when I feel am so old, I will groom the young ones and eventually allow them take over, while I relegate myself to the background and offer the necessary advice when the need arises.

I don't think there is need for hurry for an entrepreneur to retire. When the entrepreneur feels he/she is no.longer capable of handling the business they can easily shift the power to their kids to continue the business trend and growth

As an entrepreneur, the retirement age is not fixed and many would want to stay in business to be relevant in the business world.
50yrs of age is an ideal time for me, because I'm the type that wants to stay beyond 25Years in business.

Allowing another brilliant mind to take over the business while I enjoy my retirement at that age is cool.

What about you?
For me i think as long as i am still mentally and physically fit, sound and aware i will not think of retiring as an entrepreneur. Another key thing is being relevant, if I think i am still relevant in the scheme of things, then i won't mind still hanging around.

But it's nice giving room for younger brains.

The age an entrepreneur should retire depends on him or her. And it depends on how long he his satisfied with what he his doing or how tired he his with what his doing. I Learnt Bill gate is planning to resign his company may be due to old age and stress so it depends solely on the entrepreneur. John C Maxwell is still engaged in his work. So the person determines the age

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back