What's new

Have you had any users request their account be closed and or deleted?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you had contact from a user about possibly closing and or deleting their account? For one site I worked at, there was a few users who would contact us to delete everything, including their email. They didn't want any info to be attached and at the time users couldn't close or delete their own accounts.

If your site doesn't have a close account option, you will likely see contact about account removal instead. Has it ever happened to you?

I have never received any requests for account closer by any of my users, however, I have a couple of times asked for account closure on various forums. One forum just banned me instead of closing my account, and one forum closed my account upon request.

I have never received any requests for account closer by any of my users, however, I have a couple of times asked for account closure on various forums. One forum just banned me instead of closing my account, and one forum closed my account upon request.
The site I worked for got a lot of those GDPR take down requests. That was the program in Europe that if you have account info on someone, and they request there info taken down, you must comply. It's meant to protect children. The funny thing is, it was a EU only law, and we got users from the US sending us the request. We of course deleted their accounts, but it was always funny to me when people from the US would use it to request their info be removed.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back