What's new

Would you pay someone more if you liked them more?

I don't think that it is fair to pay someone more just because you like that person, there should be other ways you can go about in rewarding that person that would not cause issues in your company.
You're absolutely right by saying this, in as much as he's also an employee, then he or she should be treated like any other employee out there, because others may think it's partiality.

If I see that they're doing a good job then I would like to appreciate them for the work that they do. Of course this will make me like them and I will give them incentives every now and then.

I am sure this happens in businesses. Just purely on someone's personality and thinking they are a good person, would you give them a raise and pay them more than other employees even if they do the same amount of work?
No, i would not give someone a raise and pay them more than other employees even if they do the same amount of work just because i like them. I might he or she a bonus but definitely not a raise.

Well it depends on the choice of the person involved.
There are some personal relationship that are independent of business you which it can not be used to compromise the business.

I will but not in terms of business.

Well it depends on the choice of the person involved.
There are some personal relationship that are independent of business you which it can not be used to compromise the business.

I will but not in terms of business.

I think that if a business owner decides to pay someone more than others, then it is his choice. He is the owner of the business and he may pay more to whomever he wants.

I am sure this happens in businesses. Just purely on someone's personality and thinking they are a good person, would you give them a raise and pay them more than other employees even if they do the same amount of work?

Personally I don't believe that this is a very good way to run any kind of business because you are allowing your emotions to get into being objective with how you run your business. It will be of a serious adverse effect on your business growth.

Paying someone more money because you like him or her than others can cause a lot of problem in the company. If you like a particular of your staff, you can give extra money to such staff, not paying big salary.

That is certainly not how business works. You can't just increase someone's pay because of how you feel about them, you can do it anyways but your employees would feel bad about it and you wouldn't want that.
I think you are very correct but this mostly happens in some business ventures. Some people are given some kind of promotion or pay just because of the likeness the employers have.

I think you are very correct but this mostly happens in some business ventures. Some people are given some kind of promotion or pay just because of the likeness the employers have.

Well, in many businesses, certain employers may pay people more and they may keep it a secret. This remains between the employee and the employer who pays him.

Well, in many businesses, certain employers may pay people more and they may keep it a secret. This remains between the employee and the employer who pays him.
That's true, the major reason that they really keep it a secret is because they do not want other employees to get jealous. I think that is actually very true especially if the person is hard-working.

Are you sure that the arrangement can stay a secret for long before it spills? You don't understand how information gets leaked in workplaces. My boss once tried this but it spilled like nothing else.

It is not right at all to pay someone more just because you like them more than other workers. It is a form of discrimination and other workers will not feel fairness. There should be a set amount to pay workers based on their work and experience, not how much you like them.

Instead of increasing an individual moneybatbwork because you like him or her as the boss , why can't you use that as an opportunity to increase all your staff salary to better their lives because increasing just one persons salary will lead to professional jealousy.

If people like someone more, they might pay them more, although this isn't always the case. Pay is often more influenced by factors including job performance, experience, and qualifications. People may also place a higher value on relationships and love than they do on money.

You can give a higher salary if the person works very hard and shows results, but to pay higher only because you know them better than others is absolutely ridicules. I really hate it when it happens at my workplace. Every employee should be treated based on their capabilities, not relationships.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back