What's new

Why are people running from making a living out of farming?

Most of the people might be running away from this field due to the fact that the government might not be helping them and they might not have enough capital to run the business. Not all the people are capable of running farms.

People are not running from farming. A lot of people will go into family if they have available resources and mercenaries they can make use of. it can be very hard to operate commercial farming with manual labour and this is the reason why people are avoiding farming.

I think the major reason why farming is hardly discussed maybe due to the requirements attached to it to be a successful farming like time, labour, capital, and the stress involved and most importantly lack of awareness on the wonderful opportunities of farming.

The farming methods that are used around here is not really a lot connected with technology and as such when you compare it with the amount of money you are going to make it is better off to look for other sources of income.

It's not that people are really running away from farming but the problem is that farming is somehow very complicated most especially over here now, everything is quite expensive and might actually be very difficult for people to set up a good farming system... And the government are not even supportive.

The only reason why people are running away from making farming business a living is because of the stress attached to it not knowing that you can handle a farming business without stress If you can acquire the manpower.

We all know that farming has to do with activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock. I have come to realize that we hardly discuss about ways to make it in agriculture.
Yet, we are all about cryptocurrency and online businesses. Businesses that does not require the level of activities involved in farming business.
I know that most will agree with me that farming looks like a tough kind of business compared to other sectors, but it also generates revenue like the others. So l would like to know why majority run away from it.
Haha, almost every one wants a white collar job, no one wants to be dirty. But we all fail to understand that the most important thing is what actually gives us food, what brings food to our table. Many farmers make it more than the white collar workers

That's not necessarily true in my country nigeria.farming is the best thing one can engage in to sustain oneself financially.no matter what, people must eat.so it is an evergreen nich especially if you have the capital to acquire machineries.
That's not necessarily true in my country nigeria.farming is the best thing one can engage in to sustain oneself financially.no matter what, people must eat.so it is an evergreen nich especially if you have the capital to acquire machineries.

I think the major reason why farming is hardly discussed maybe due to the requirements attached to it to be a successful farming like time, labour, capital, and the stress involved and most importantly lack of awareness on the wonderful opportunities of farming.
I agree, farming is a kind of niche where most people who go into it have some background and expertise either via family traditions or education. It might be profitable but you need to have a lot of knowledge and a solid adherence to legal and safety protocols.

As a family we are glad we are good farmers doing our best to secure life and providing for our daily meal and other needs of the whole family and society at large

Most people believe farming job is meant for uneducated people because its a dirty and hard job not knowing most youth are now into large scale farming and at making huge money from farming.
As a family we are glad we are good farmers doing our best to secure life and providing for our daily meal and other needs of the whole family and society at large

One of the reason most persons do not really like to go into farming,especially graduate,is the misconception about farming.They see it as just an ordinary engagement that is meant for aged people in the rural areas.

Farming is quite difficult and it's not really easy for people to do , that's just the reason especially here in Africa in which all the modern tools for farming is not available. Most people are still relying on the olden farming method.

Farming back then was thought to be the job of uneducated people and thats why people are running away from farming but educated people nowadays are also into big mechanised farming,

Probably so many people consider it to be a stressful activities , most especially those that do not have access to modern farming tools. This is the only way to engage in farming activities nowadays without any problem or stress.

People's thought about farming is that farming is a hard and difficult job meant for the uneducated people not knowing that you can start a big mechanized farm with the use of machines and by also employing labourers while you will make huge amount of money that a white collar job cannot offers .

I think that one of the biggest reason is the fact that the governments in many countries are doing nothing for the farmers and this is why people are opting to choose other careers perhaps?

That is a very good one,your initiative is a nice one,one thing a lot of persons do not really understand is that,once the process of production is owned then you are wealthy.And that is the real riches begins.

I discovered that farming is usually very stressful, and it is time consuming, but for someone that has farm machinery, I don't think it will be stressful again because, it will be very fast to work on a large piece of land than using only simple farm tools.

That is a vry good one,your initiative is a nice one,one thing a lot of persons do not really understand is that,once the process of production is owned then you are wealthy.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back