What's new

Why are people running from making a living out of farming?

Farming is truly a lucrative business that people should not run away from. I think most people don't do it because they just don't have the farms. Maybe they live in rental houses in towns. So they opt to online investments such as Cryptocurrencies.

It is because farming is tag as old man means of earning money most especially by the youth of this our generation,and reasons are so numerous in farming that can generate a better outcome the it has use modern machine which are also costly.

People are running away from farming because of the time and energy the job demands before you can achieve something meaningful out of it.

I don't know why some people especially learned person are running away from farming business. I can say that farming business is one of the most lucrative business with no expiration date

Farming is still a nice business in our country to be honest , may it be any farming. With food and animals , humans can't live at all. So there is always demand for anything related to farming and agriculture.

People are still farming no doubt but it's not really the youth , in the next generation I predict that a farmer will be a millionaire too

People are still farming no doubt but it's not really the youth , in the next generation I predict that a farmer will be a millionaire too
Yes you are right people are still farming no doubt but most people who are running away from farming are graduate who didn't do farming in their University program.thats just the fact.

Capital... To acquire a piece of land to venture into agriculture is quite expensive especially in areas closer to town. That leaves me with just the rural areas, the bad roads and several other factors is even a bigger problem

I don't know why some people especially learned person are running away from farming business. I can say that farming business is one of the most lucrative business with no expiration date
Same here. Maybe most people especially the learned or graduates do think that the business is meant for the illiterate, those without formal learning. But the fact is that it's still lucrative and even best suits the learned

Capital... To acquire a piece of land to venture into agriculture is quite expensive especially in areas closer to town. That leaves me with just the rural areas, the bad roads and several other factors is even a bigger problem
Yes, the land is very expensive even in the rural area. My dream to buy 2 hectares of land or maybe more is still suspended in air because my capital is not enough, just slightly over half of the cost. But I like this discussion because we need the farms because that is our source of food.

I don't believe people are running away from farming .there are alot of people that are engaged in farming but they're doing it in the modern standard way, there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't think people are running away from it because I do farm when I visit my grandma in the village,the only problem about farmiy is the it consumes time and requires man power from the stage of planting to the harvesting.
Post automatically merged:

Making a living out of farming won't be stressful as long as there is modernize machines to use,and chemicals to control pest

Last edited:
We all know that farming has to do with activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock. I have come to realize that we hardly discuss about ways to make it in agriculture.
Yet, we are all about cryptocurrency and online businesses. Businesses that does not require the level of activities involved in farming business.
I know that most will agree with me that farming looks like a tough kind of business compared to other sectors, but it also generates revenue like the others. So l would like to know why majority run away from it.
It's because in farming it really means very hard work. You will work in the heat of the sun. I like cryptocurrency trading because you will just be inside the house.

Unfurtunately some people already have this mentality that farmers are very poor set of people. That the farming activities is for the poorest in the society. They don't know about the potential that farming can have in their lives

Same here. Maybe most people especially the learned or graduates do think that the business is meant for the illiterate, those without formal learning. But the fact is that it's still lucrative and even best suits the learned
Don't mind them, I think it is because they only rely on working in an organisation. They are not thinking of having there own business to be there own boss and never receive order from others

They do so because they see farming like a stressful type of job. And also that it is not a white collar type of job where they would be sitting in an office and taking coffee and attending to other business matters

Lots of people are running out of farming not understanding the profit and advantages of farming. I know of a graduate who finished school and then start his own farming business. I will tell you that he is now a very big man, doing fine with the business and also an entrepreneur without boss. I guess people are running out because they don't understand yet how profitable it is.
That is very true,agriculture is a very big goldmine.A colleauge of mine in school who ventured into agriculture,he does edibles and processing of various food crop,and he has actually grown and making a lot of money.

People tend to run away form the farming sector simply because of ignorance I must say. Most of them have been made to believe it is not going to be worth a thing to be venturing into as they've become gradutes. It's beneath them they claim

.before I proceed I like your write up
yes thats true many people run away from farming ,do you know why ,it is hard this days to see someone been a farmer ,I am a farmer to ,but is just that farming nowadays is not profitable especially if you live around my area ,you will spend allot of money and latter on not be able to get as much as you've spend ,I think that why many people run away from farming.

Well, I think most of the people do not have much experience when it comes to farming and they would not try to get into a business if they do not have much experience related to it. Perhaps this might be a great reason why they are not into farming business?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back