What's new

Why are people running from making a living out of farming?

Chizfab

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Jan 21, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
We all know that farming has to do with activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock. I have come to realize that we hardly discuss about ways to make it in agriculture.
Yet, we are all about cryptocurrency and online businesses. Businesses that does not require the level of activities involved in farming business.
I know that most will agree with me that farming looks like a tough kind of business compared to other sectors, but it also generates revenue like the others. So l would like to know why majority run away from it.

Probably the biggest factor is cost, second is knowledge. My uncle owns a very large farm. The government even pays him to not farm on some land and allow hunters on it. He raises cattle, hay, corn and soy.

People are running away from farming business because they believe that everybody will make money working for the government or work in the office for big company. They did not know that the best the time to invest in farming business is now. The reason is that there is high level of food insecurity around the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be due to the cost of production, I.e the cost of getting very good farmland, the cost of getting some mechanical tools. Some also believe that farming might be too difficult and stressful and that is why they have been talking about online businesses.

The mNodt reason why pet are running away from farming is that it's very hard to do in terms of clearing of land, renting land and settling issues with land grabbers, and even when your harvest is ready you will still need to be patient and take your harvest to the farm and consumers will price it at low fee

We all know that farming has to do with activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock. I have come to realize that we hardly discuss about ways to make it in agriculture.
Yet, we are all about cryptocurrency and online businesses. Businesses that does not require the level of activities involved in farming business.
I know that most will agree with me that farming looks like a tough kind of business compared to other sectors, but it also generates revenue like the others. So l would like to know why majority run away from it.
Everybody is running to all Industries and giant tech firms to make money leaving behind the most lucrative industry which is Farming. In Nigeria the government has no interest in agriculture anymore rather they are investing more in oil which is depreciating day by day.

One reason I think would be people see farming as the job for the poor which is wrong. You don’t have to be poor to be a farmer. Also the way the country is everyone like copy each other, you hardly find people who do things because they want to do them instead you people going into a business because someone close to them did the business and made money, very sad

Some people are running away from farming business thinking that it is very hard productive, farming business is very lucrative business that has a great demands, I have seen most people that have farming business are doing well, farming business is very profitable.

This is an interesting stories that people need to look into.
So many people are running away from farming as a way of making a living.
Farming is supposed to be considered as the best profession because agriculture contains so much that can change lives.
But oil boom and lack of government attention on this very sector has made farm to be unattractive to young entrepreneurs.

I could say the major reason people are running from making their end means from farming , is the stress attached to it. Imagine farming during the dry season without artificial irrigation, the farmer suffer a great deal to make his plants survive.

This might be because they believe that framing is a very stressful business and is not meant for young people and students like them. Some also believe that farming is a seasonal business.

Most at times people run away from farming because they cannot afford the cost involved. Farming really needs a lot of investment and those of us with low investment capital cannot go into it easily. Some few people too fear staying in the sun and because of that, they don't bother to look at crop farming related activities.

Here in the country we're I lived, it's mainly because of insufficient funds by the farmers and almost no government support. Other farmers also stopped because of other options to have better earning like working for a government agencies.

A farmer growing crops for biofuels or cotton and other fibers, sharp reductions in demand for fuel and clothing tanked prices for their goods, leaving business plans in tatters. Rising unemployment rates and tightening household budgets continue to constrict food consumption and the prices farmer receive.

Many people run away from agriculture because it has not been dully mechanized in mostly all the countries especially African countries. It is very stressful for a farmer to cultivate on a big farmland with just his hand tools and implements. But if the rights machines are available, many people will like to involve in agriculture.

I disagree with you that farming is a tough business because it's the easiest business so far just that how so called government in my country are not helping and moreover when they announce that they have provided all tools and equipment farmers going to use but the funniest thing is that you won't even see it talkless of telling them to come and use it on your farm but all you will do is to rent from neighbor and it's really cost and along the line the tractor can get spoil and that's the end of the job so tell me, and if you go into piggy 🐖 or chicken 🐔 they will start disturbing you for taxes, tell me why will I pay taxes for a business I just started within a month, the funniest thing is when you rent land from State government I swear at last you will just have to leave the place for them because each governor's that's been swearin do things and increase the fees anyhow they want, am talking from experience.. also they will never provide security for you all and doesn't care if cows 🐄 eat up ur crops but what they only care is there own money they generate yearly thats all

With the advancement of technology, humans are running behind the material resources and they are trying to find out the comforts for them, as agriculture business requires more efforts so probably people are not willing to do efforts so they are trying to comfort themselves by earning online like in cryptocurrency trading.

Indeed, I think young people need to start taking agriculture seriously, and see it as a profitable business along the line, I think a lot of young people these days are easily discourages because of the general view that you have to work on the farm planting, weeding and so on.

You are absolutely right! So many people shy away from farming business and agricultural activities because they feel the income generated from this sectors is little. But on the contrary they are wrong, agricultural is the leading sector world wide, because food products happens to be in high demand every where.

Well farming was Tag an old man business or for retired men and women those days, and that was why young graduates were running from it, they belife is not profitable, they believe is stressful and can easily make them grow old. But in my country now, the story is different... Young people now farm more than old men.
Post automatically merged:

Well farming was Tag an old man business or for retired men and women those days, and that was why young graduates were running from it, they belife is not profitable, they believe is stressful and can easily make them grow old. But in my country now, the story is different... Young people now farm more than old men.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back