What's new

Why are people running from making a living out of farming?

A lot of people that I know will not want to invest into farming because of how the economic situation is. A lot of people actually have to results to small-scale farming without machines.

Big agriculture and farm subsidies make it difficult for small farmers to compete. You need to be part business person and part farmer to make a living in this field. However, it is possible to make a living with a small farm operation, but it's not an easy life.

This issue of insecurity is what is making most fun process to be very expensive in the market as most fumbles cannot go to their various firms to farm and cultivate the normal crops that we usually used to buy..
This is very true and I just wish the government would focus on making sure that farmers don't feel threatened by attacks from herdsmen.

A lot of people are on directing the potentials of agriculture and that is very bad because it is definitely one of the most lucrative ventures you can invest on presently.

Most likely it wil only take a person with a forsight and love for food security to actually come up with discusions that has to do with agriculture and how to make food avialable for all,because as a fact,after the daily running around,classical job analysis,doing commodity trading,doing design and forcast,you will still nedd to have food on your table.Food is just the baseline.

This is very true and I just wish the government would focus on making sure that farmers don't feel threatened by attacks from herdsmen.
SMS and not even the greatest challenges to farmers now but the most dangerous challenges that most farmers are not going through as usual and that and this issue has gone beyond normal security challenge but this one it's just too bad as a whole family of villagers can get wiped out in a jiffy.

Well the creator of this topic was actually concentrating on crop farming , chicken rearing is good but you should not put pig in the list because I can't go into such,you know how they smell na.
Farming is farming regardless of the type of farming that you venture into. Pigs are not really bad and it is all poultry animals that their environments smells.

Farming is farming regardless of the type of farming that you venture into. Pigs are not really bad and it is all poultry animals that their environments smells.
Pig farming can really be uncomfortable because of the pungent smell that comes with it,poultry farming may nots smell if it is well managed.You cannot abandon other aspect of farming.

Pig farming can really be uncomfortable because of the pungent smell that comes with it,poultry farming may nots smell if it is well managed.You cannot abandon other aspect of farming.
If you do not like pig farming you can go into birds like chicken or turkey. Fish farming is another kind of farming that is less stressful and lucrative.

If you do not like pig farming you can go into birds like chicken or turkey. Fish farming is another kind of farming that is less stressful and lucrative.
Well I can consider going into chicken farming because that one is much more popular and the need for chicken is on high demand, I don't even know much about the need for pig.

Farming is getting more and more lucrative but tedious day by day. Some have not found a headway because of the skills it demanded and the level of time it requires.

Femi is labour-intensive that is why majority of the people are not going into it. In case of my own country, the problems of herdmen and bandit have major obstacles for farmer.

Good observation. People are looking for stress free method of making money, thats why they resorted to online money making strategies. They consider farming as very boring and strenous and are not ready to venture into it. But if we all abandon farming and concentrate on internet, who will produce the food we would need for our growth?.

I do not know about other countries but in my country farming is characterized by it's been small-scale and not using the use of machines because a lot of people are not being able to afford it.

SMS and not even the greatest challenges to farmers now but the most dangerous challenges that most farmers are not going through as usual and that and this issue has gone beyond normal security challenge but this one it's just too bad as a whole family of villagers can get wiped out in a jiffy.
I just hope that things get back to normal, especially in countries like Nigeria where the case is even worst with the general insecurity challenge.

I just hope that things get back to normal, especially in countries like Nigeria where the case is even worst with the general insecurity challenge.
Datasource who contributed greatly to the increment in the prices of goods especially palm produced in the market and we are just praying and hoping that the security situation in the country improve so that everything can go back to normal.

People are running from farming because they see it as something only rural people can do not knowing that there are many ways of farming that does not involves hard labour.

People are running away from farming because of the stress and the energy involve in farming. Many people also sees farming as jobs for the low lifers or the illiterates.

I don't really know. Maybe they think of it as a strenuous job, or that it only involves digging the soil or maybe they think of it as being way to local to engage in. But in my region, I don't think there is any more lucrative business than farming. People need to understand that it's not all about digging the soil, you could be a successful farmer without even having to touch a hoe or cutlass

It is the society that makes farmers looks like a low lifer that makes people to always run from farming despite people making a fortune from it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back