What's new

What jobds did get replaced by Modern Technology?

Many jobs have been taken over by technology and more will be taken over very soon too.

One is manual typewriter and printing, technology has really simplified those jobs.

Post office is another thing, those offices are becoming emptier everyday, because mails are sent electronically in seconds.

Robots are now used in some factories to load trucks with goods soon human loaders will not be needed. Etc.
It's true that technology has taken many jobs from human being and it will still continue to take even lots more. The use of Messengers at working placing is fast fading off as messages are sent via electronic to staff within and outside company now. Drones are used to deliver ordered goods now and lots more.
Post automatically merged:

So many jobs have been taken away by technology. The manual typewriting jobs have been taken away by computer.although technology has taken away a lot of jobs it has created quite a lot of new jobs.
Lots of laboratory technicians have lost their jobs and many will still including medical doctors because there are many inventions in medical field through technology that can examine patients, diagnose them and prescribe accurately what's wrong with the diagnosed patient without the help of doctors or technicians.

Last edited:
We can all accept that technology has really advanced over the last few years even in places we taught were remote. Jobs like security, some banking transactions, learning have been automated through the use of technology.
Post automatically merged:

Slowly but surely the job of a security guard will be in peril because of technology. I had seen the documentary of an automated home with the face recognition that is used to open the door instead of a key. The cameras are well-placed everywhere and sensors are also installed in the exterior. With that kind of home who would need a security guard? I cannot imagine that the house automation would alert the police when something is wrong. It is like having a 24/7 security.
Yes, jobs are quite changing into technological jobs now, I also know a rich man who had a gateman that usually opens the gate so with advancement in technology he just installed a new technology and had no use for the gateman again.

Last edited:
The decrease of employees in shoe factories in view of the increasing technology, the machines that have been integrated in these companies have created a massive layoff. This has also happened in other types of factories where many workers have become unemployed.

Slowly but surely the job of a security guard will be in peril because of technology. I had seen the documentary of an automated home with the face recognition that is used to open the door instead of a key. The cameras are well-placed everywhere and sensors are also installed in the exterior. With that kind of home who would need a security guard? I cannot imagine that the house automation would alert the police when something is wrong. It is like having a 24/7 security.
This is very true sir. Technology has contributed a reasonable percentage to technical unemployment and this is a typical example in your post.

Technology is one the things that get improved day by day, everyday there are news about new thing getting updated, discovered or invented.
With this fast development, Technology is trying to offer the most comfortable experience to people, to facilitate their lives and make it much better, but this comes at a cost, a lot of people lost their jobs, some jobs disappeared and some things stopped being fun like before.
What jobs do you think they disappeared due to Technology?
A couple of jobs that depended on human effort those days have no place in human life today. Technology has replaced everything and with the situation of things now.

Looking back on my jobs things have changed quite a lot. When I first started out in 1968 I got a job in an office where we typed on old fashioned typewriters and took notes in shorthand. Those ancient typewriters have been replaced with the PC and I would imagine dictation software is now used in offices rather than shorthand. I don't think they even teach shorthand any more so the shorthand/typist has been replaced by the more sophisticated PA.

Technology has really impacted in the world's dealings at large,in the business society technology has made work easier and faster, now the use of post offices is not really needed especially in my country.

The world is hey well becoming a global village and you can see as technological advancements are coming in almost every areas of life. Calendars, calls, calculators are all found in the phone today and the coming of the printing press means typewriters have run out of business.

I think that many jobs today have been taken over by technology, technology has made things easier in today's world, eveyone wants to make use of technology, technology has played a better role in this modern time and it cannot be over emphasized

Technology made a lot of things easier today compared to before by replacing somany hand jobs and making work much more easier, faster and more accurate. Some of such replacements includes:
The use of washing machines on laundry services.
Use of computers to type instead of hand written texts.

No jobs, entire organizational set up is being replaced by modern technology. For example, schools and colleges are being shut down due to covid and online learning is becoming popular.

Back then in school,type writers were used by some ladies and gents to assist in typing,and they were paid for their labour, initially we had people who made living by grass cutting.

Sadly, the world is now becoming a global village and technology is now taking center stage. I use to remember then when calendars, clocks and notes were different but now it can all be found in the mobile phone taking the jobs of the manufacturers.

In recent time, technology has taken the place of human beings. There are so many jobs that technology has rendered useless or irrelevant such business is depositing and withdrawing of money in the bank. The use of automated teller machine ATM has made it easy to deposits and withdraw our money without entering the banking hall to fill forms for withdrawal and deposits.

Many jobs have been taken over by technology and more will be taken over very soon too.

One is manual typewriter and printing, technology has really simplified those jobs.

Post office is another thing, those offices are becoming emptier everyday, because mails are sent electronically in seconds.

Robots are now used in some factories to load trucks with goods soon human loaders will not be needed. Etc.
Those are very good points you have made. Modern technology has really taken over many people's jobs. But when you look at it positively, you see that technology has made work easier for us. Look for example the post office thing. Sending a message was so hard back then. It would take days to be sent and more days to receive feedback. But these, mailing works in minutes. Plus there are those heavy jobs that would give people burnouts, but they have been reduced because machines can do them.

With the advent of automated teller machines ATM all over the place and countries around the world, cashiers on the counter in banks globally has been greatly reduced to the biggest minimum thereby making the firing of staffs inevitable.

Anywhere you got you see the ATM standing by. Just know that that ATM standing by to pay you is taking some cashier's job already because the bank doesn't have to pay the cashier for the job of paying customers which the ATM is effectively doing already

It is true that technology has made many jobless like in warehouses companies when they need to transport and arrange goods they employ lesser staffs now because they have robot who can easily pick transport and arrange it properly the way it's supposed to be.

The advent of technology has really made the traditional way of doing things to be religated to the baground.this is seen in almost every sector.The Traditional Video camara handling where a camara man would want to get an ariel shot will have to climb an elivator or in some cases a helicopter,all these has now been replaced by th ues of drone

The use of fax and mails have been reduced and in most countries totally gone. Like in my city where i stay, there are nolonger post offices nor any staff left in the office for years now, because emails and social media has taken over.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back