What's new

What are the differences between face to face and over the phone support?

One of the things that set apart face to face customer service representative work is the pressure that it comes with dealing with the aggrieved customer in person.
For me I like face to face conversation when it comes to business than phone support, because customers can prolonged that is why communication face to face work very fast.

How do you think face-to-face customer service is different from over-the-phone customer service? Are there certain skills needed for face-to-face customer service that are not needed for over-the-phone customer service?
Yes it's different but consistent skills are essential in both to impress the customers services. On the other hand I think much more difficult is face to face in that situation everything is Infront of customers like your way of talking, facial characters and personality as well.

The ability to watch the person's facial expression while receiving on-the-spot support treatment is one of the things you'll notice. This will allow you to determine how urgent your issue is.

It depends on the type of person you are , some people are introvert kind of person , they feel shy during a face to face conversation, so they prefer over the phone conversation where they can pour out their mind .

companies insist that customer service not work from home but come face customers is because they understand the need of eye contact, many unsaid words are passed non verbally mostly through the eyes which is why customers would chooses a face to face service over phone anytime
companies insist that customer service not work from home but come face customers is because they understand the need of eye contact, many unsaid words are passed non verbally mostly through the eyes which is why customers would chooses a face to face service over phone anytime

The ability to watch the person's facial expression while receiving on-the-spot support treatment is one of the things you'll notice. This will allow you to determine how urgent your issue is.
Some people normally get serious when they are talking about an issue when they are with you face to face while some prefer talking seriously to you on phone .

We are different type of people with different behaviour and character , some prefer seeing people they are talking to face to face so they can talk conviniently while are shy talking to you face to face , they prefer over the phone conversation.

Interaction in telephone consultations is continuous and orderly, but in face-to-face consultations there are periods of silence that facilitate the introduction of additional topics, including social speech and rapport building

Communication: With face-to-face support, nonverbal cues like body language and facial expressions are often included in addition to spoken cues. Support over the phone only permits spoken exchanges.
Accessibility: While face-to-face support typically necessitates physical presence in a certain area, telephone support can be reached from any location.

I think the major difference is that phone to phone support may not be fast but face to face support will be fast because it is very likely for the person to attend to you immediately

If you are doing face to face support, you must know how to use facial gestures to great effect. With phone support, you don't need that. You have to make the customer feel that you also feel the weight of their problems in face to face support.

Both telephone and face-to-face support have benefits and drawbacks. The capacity to read body language and facial expressions, as well as more tailored interactions, are all made possible by face-to-face support. However, phone help is more practical and accessible from anywhere.

How do you think face-to-face customer service is different from over-the-phone customer service? Are there certain skills needed for face-to-face customer service that are not needed for over-the-phone customer service?

I believe that face-to-face customer service experience is more fast when it comes to taking care of a problem presented by the customer unlike how they delay whenever you called on phone for them to take care of a problem for you. This is the reason why whenever I have a problem with my bank account, I will always go straight to the bank and meet a customer service face-to-face to solve the problem.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back