What's new

What are the differences between face to face and over the phone support?

Joshua Farrell

Stargate SG1 Fan
Staff member
Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$1.7675USD
Biznotes
How do you think face-to-face customer service is different from over-the-phone customer service? Are there certain skills needed for face-to-face customer service that are not needed for over-the-phone customer service?

Definitely one of them is appearance. They way you appear during a face to face customer service matters while over the phone, nobody cares

How do you think face-to-face customer service is different from over-the-phone customer service? Are there certain skills needed for face-to-face customer service that are not needed for over-the-phone customer service?
When it's face to face things get done faster because you are on their neck but phone might take a little longer or the customer representative might have even forgotten due to work load

Why mist companies insist that customer service not work from home but come face customers is because they understand the need of eye contact, many unsaid words are passed non verbally mostly through the eyes which is why customers would chooses a face to face service over phone anytime

One of the things that you will observe is that on the spot support care,you will have the oppourtunity to see the facial expression of the person involved and this can actually makes the difference on how urgent your case is.

The two customer service methods are quite different.
The face to face method allows the customer more attention from the service provider unlike the over the phone method.
You have to be of good appearance if meeting the customer face to face.
You should be able to listen carefully to the customer if using the over the phone method.

One of the things that set apart face to face customer service representative work is the pressure that it comes with dealing with the aggrieved customer in person.

Face-to-face has to do with a customer being physically present, while over the phone has to do with, using the phone either by calls or sending messages via email or support ticket to get an issue solved. The both are effective but I normally prefer over the phone because of time restraints and management.

I'm very much open to face-to-face online customer service than online support because face-to-face seems to attend to my request very easily. Plus, I get to monitor the reactions of the customer service representative when he or she is attending to me.

The major difference between face to face and over the phone support is down to one thing - emotions. Some emotions are better portrayed and understood when dealing face to face.
Skills necessary for face to face support include psychological, communication skills and a lot of patience

Face-to-Face Communication is more personal than a phone call and you can expressed your emotions better. However, a telephone conversation is less expensive and takes less time than meeting the person in person, as visiting someone in another city is more expensive.

Face to face support is the best because you'll have to meet the customer one on one and begin an interpersonal discussion, here your gestures will emphasize more on the topic at hand and you both will get a quality audience from each other. Meanwhile, using a phone support will require a very careful attention to the customer and vice versa without any form of distraction.

The difference between both is that the face-to-face involves physical communication with the customer while the other is virtual. The over the phone rep needs to be able to understand the scripts provided by the company and must be able to use the CRM (customer relationship management) software to be able to record the call information (time of call, name of customer and discussions), good knowledge of the products and services and must possess effective communication, the face- to-face rep does not need most of these, all he needs is effective communication and good knowledge of the products and services.

Last edited:
Face to Face discussion is more faster leading to solutions, the phone calls won't satisfaction the needs of the customer rather than how it will be plan on board face to face.
Post automatically merged:

Face to Face discussion is more faster leading to solutions, the phone calls won't satisfaction the needs of the customer rather than how it will be plan on board face to face.

Face to face is more reliable and faster than on phone. Face to face will enable the customer explain in details and it will be sorted out. But one customer support is also good but sometimes the customer may find it difficult to express him or herself better on phone. And some time the complaint will not be resolved due number of reasons.

I prefer face-to-face customer care service as it gives me a chance to express my feelings. I believe the person on the other end on phone may not be able to receive my complain very well in the way I want it.

Face to face support is better than phone or virtual customer service because feelings and emotions about a particular issue can be adequately conveyed and resolutions reached faster.

One thing that I hate so much about online phone customer service is getting cut off when I'm still on call with a customer service representative when my problem isn't fixed yet.

To me, I don't see any difference, but I think a lot of people prefer face to face because they think there is some sort of attention paid to them if they meet face to face.

When it comes to face to face customer services, human resource skills are needed more. Though these skills are also used in over the phone customer service. In terms of communication face to face, you need to work on your facial skills, your fashion skills. Your appearance not only be able to calm the customers but also show confidence.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back