What's new

What is difference between QR Code and Bar code?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
A QR code is a kind of unique code stored on a device. A bar code is a kind of code which is in the form of bars. Such kind of bar codes are scanned by the computer in order to get price details. So, what is the difference between these two codes?

With picture, I'm going to show you the difference between QR Code and Bar code by just looking at them. The square one is QR Code while the rectangle one is bar code.

images (29).png

Barcode is machine-readable data that's seen with parallel lines. The width and spacing of these lines are different with the encoded data while QR Code is a matrix of black squares that's set up on a white background.

With picture, I'm going to show you the difference between QR Code and Bar code by just looking at them. The square one is QR Code while the rectangle one is bar code.

View attachment 6363

Barcode is machine-readable data that's seen with parallel lines. The width and spacing of these lines are different with the encoded data while QR Code is a matrix of black squares that's set up on a white background.

I have always wondered how do they work. Both of them look quite different from each other. However, I am not sure if the purpose and functionality of both of these kinds of codes is the same or if they are different. QR Codes are also available on android apps. However, I have never used them.

I have always wondered how do they work. Both of them look quite different from each other. However, I am not sure if the purpose and functionality of both of these kinds of codes is the same or if they are different. QR Codes are also available on android apps. However, I have never used them.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in making use of either of them. This is because I've never Incorporated using them in my own business. I don't even have the plan to do so at the moment. Also, I have never paid for any transaction using bar code or QR-Code.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in making use of either of them. This is because I've never Incorporated using them in my own business. I don't even have the plan to do so at the moment. Also, I have never paid for any transaction using bar code or QR-Code.

As far as QR codes are concerned, they are not only used by businesses. In fact, they are also used by many other financial institutions as well in the end. I think that QR codes helps protect the security of many financial organisations and this is why they use it.

I have used many QR codes to access different information and discounts sometimes from companies, but the barcode when I have analyzed it with an online barcode reader, has not given me much information and I do not know exactly what it is for, I guess it is to identify a product itself, when it was created and all that.

I have used many QR codes to access different information and discounts sometimes from companies, but the barcode when I have analyzed it with an online barcode reader, has not given me much information and I do not know exactly what it is for, I guess it is to identify a product itself, when it was created and all that.

I know very well that companies that have decided to incorporate the use of QR code in their business have made the decision of digitalizing everything about their business product and services. This is so that their customers will have complete details on each product whenever they want to know anything about their business.

I know very well that companies that have decided to incorporate the use of QR code in their business have made the decision of digitalizing everything about their business product and services. This is so that their customers will have complete details on each product whenever they want to know anything about their business.
Yes, QR codes are an easy way for users to access company or product data easily from the comfort of their mobile phone, this also helps users once they scan the code, feel more connected to the company, as they can interact with a lot of extra information that they did not have.

Yes, QR codes are an easy way for users to access company or product data easily from the comfort of their mobile phone, this also helps users once they scan the code, feel more connected to the company, as they can interact with a lot of extra information that they did not have.
Some manufacturers places QR code in the product while some others prefer to place barcode, a mobile phone is also able to scan a barcode as QR Code depends on the version of application installed and also the abilities to do the storage counting work.

QR codes are more versatile, while barcodes are mainly for product identification and pricing. QR codes can store various types of information, while barcodes are simpler and consist of vertical lines.

They're very similar on what they do. They both store info on the code itself, which. The barcode is usually used to identify a product, while a QR code can do the same, it also can be used to advertise a site, a YouTube link, a product you're selling, etc. Barcodes to my knowledge, only store the product info or info in general. I don't believe it can be used to direct you to a website. But maybe I'm wrong. If I am, please do correct me.

I had to use my barcode on my driver's license today which I never knew was there 😂.. In fact, I never checked or looked at the driver's license closely. I had to find out today when I was trying to complete my account verification and documents upload in Crypto.com cryptocurrency exchange application.

I think that bar codes predate the QR codes. I remember bar codes being used by many different companies a long time ago. However, I think that QR codes, on the other hand, is a relatively new technology compared to bar codes.

I think that bar codes predate the QR codes. I remember bar codes being used by many different companies a long time ago. However, I think that QR codes, on the other hand, is a relatively new technology compared to bar codes.

Yeah, that's very correct. Bar codes was invented first before QR Codes. The first Bar Code was used in 1948 by Norman J Woodland and Bernard Silver who are Drexel University students. As for QR Codes, it was invented in 1984 in Japan where it was used first.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back