What's new

What are the challenges facing e-commerce?

Apart from a lack of awareness, I believe that one of the big challenges facing is commerce is the payment issue. Paypal does not support many countries and this is why many people living in countries with no Paypal are not able to pay clients where it is supported. We need to make payment systems more flexible.
The payment issue here is not just about the payment center or payment processor. The problem is the COD arrangement which is cash on delivery. Many are ordering but not paying when the product is delivered. The business is experiencing losses on delivery.

My take on the challenges of the e-commerce sites is the authenticity of the sellers. There are so many fake products that are being advertised in Facebook. I have not checked the largest e-commerce site here for fake products but I'm sure there are some. However, when there is a complaint on the seller it is immediately suspended and probably removed from their roster of sellers. If the e-commerce has a way of checking their sellers then there will be no such problem on fake products.
Just recently in my country, there is a prank call to a delivery food business to deliver the food to the house of a celebrity. The celebrity never called the food delivery but it was other person who called.

Though the challenges may be many but not knowing who is who is the main challenge because people are afraid of been scam now a days.

The e commerce or the online market place is one of the best in terms online business one can venture into. It portends a great development in the long run. The major challenges is that most of the people may not be online to see the product and services.

Maybe means of transportation , I mean delivering goods to the customers. Courier services and delivery services can be frustrating sometimes.
I think one of the major challenges in most countries most especially in Nigeria is poor internet connection and also many have falling victim of fraud

I think one of the major challenges in most countries most especially in Nigeria is poor internet connection and also many have falling victim of fraud

There are many countries that are also facing the same challenge. In my country (Pakistan), E-commerce is growing a lot. However, there are many people who are not that much literate about how digital world works and this means that e-commerce is suffering due to this issue.

Some of the challenges of e-commerce is penetration it has still not been widely used and accessible to all, also it also has the challenges of transparency in transaction.

Driving the targeted traffic is one of the main problem of most e-commerce stores. Is the majority of the owners think that once they open the store customer will come in directly to buy without doing any work on their part.
You are actually correct here,i say this because a lot of time,it is not just enough to put out a good product in your store,but making sure they are getting to the right audience,this is one thing most business person usually fail to do right.

A lot of people have identified shipping and delivery as their most significant headache when it comes to operating their e-commerce store because it is not always reliable.

A lot of people have identified shipping and delivery as their most significant headache when it comes to operating their e-commerce store because it is not always reliable.
That is the truth but if a company could liase with a reliable shipping company to get their goods delivered as soon as possible such e-commerce site will have faster sales.

Some e-commerce store are facing fundamental problems. Some of them are also selling product that has saturated the market already. The end of competing with the existing competition in the market.

In my country many e commerce will say that your most biggest challenges is that of regulation . The regulatory bodies are always making inconsistent policies and ones that can kill their own.

Trust is still the major challenge facing e-commerce today. Some people have had the experiences of the goods they received not close to look like the one they saw on the site and ordered for. Others still feel return is a difficult task.

Due to cases of online fraud. Many are still afraid of online shopping because they do not feel safe putting their financial information—such as credit cards, etc on websites. This tendency is however less pronounced in younger, educated Africans although these may not have the spending power needed to fuel businesses. E-commerce businesses should work aggressively to cultivate a sense of trust by making their online security systems robust. Meanwhile, they should pursue other alternatives such as cash on delivery.

Competition comes in many forms for small businesses, especially in the e-commerce space. You have to keep up with competitive pricing, products and service.
"As a small business, you can overcome price competition by having a very clear company value proposition that consumers can't get elsewhere
Post automatically merged:

Competition comes in many forms for small businesses, especially in the e-commerce space. You have to keep up with competitive pricing, products and service.
"As a small business, you can overcome price competition by having a very clear company value proposition that consumers can't get elsewhere

Ability to reach out the targeted customers is one of the problem of e-commerce business owners. Majority of them are on paid adverts by themselves and they usually run in loss.

A good majority of e-commerce businesses are usually facing the problem of smooth delivery. This is one particular area in business that nobody has been able to make it so effective like the others.

I must say that a lack of awareness of many people regarding E-commerce is one of the biggest challenges faced by E-Commerce. Another problem is that even many educated people refrain from using E-commerce, so the scope of E-commerce gets limited due to these drawbacks.

A lot of people have problem that the biggest problem with e-commerce is how the products that customers are going to order is going to reach them at the best available time. This usually creates a lot of problems between the customers and the sellers.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back