What's new

What are the challenges facing e-commerce?

Over the years e-commerce platforms has grown so much and a lot of people use them. the major problem faced by e-commerce website is lack of trust to buy some customers especially those who are not tech-savvy.

Like any new technology, electronic commerce faces some challenges that impede its development and limit its spread
What do you think of this issues ??
I think the basic challenge is that of inefficient payment and delivery services. Some have actually closed down because of these two issues I mentioned.

I think one of the biggest challenges is the one of goods being returned or orders being cancelled, issues with payment providers, delivery issues too

Owing the fact that there are fake e-commerce companies , people are scared to patronize some of the e-commerce companies and they indeed affect their way of operation.

the greatest threats facing e-commerce are logistics and trust issues. Once the issue of logistics is solved and people are getting correct descriptions and good delivery on time coupled with great pricing the business will survive.

Owing the fact that there are fake e-commerce companies , people are scared to patronize some of the e-commerce companies and they indeed affect their way of operation.
Such fake E-Commerce companies should be searched and legal action should taken against them. Scams are everywhere, we always need to be careful while dealing with any type of business.

Driving the targeted traffic is one of the main problem of most e-commerce stores. Is the majority of the owners think that once they open the store customer will come in directly to buy without doing any work on their part.

I believe that E-commerce is flourishing more during the pandemic because more and more people are concentrating and emphasizing a lot on social distancing. E-commerce is also flourish due to lockdown. Our government has imposed lockdown and people are not able to visit malls or markets.

I believe that E-commerce is flourishing more during the pandemic because more and more people are concentrating and emphasizing a lot on social distancing. E-commerce is also flourish due to lockdown. Our government has imposed lockdown and people are not able to visit malls or markets.
This is the reason why Jeff bezos of Amazon was able to make a lot of billions within short period of time. Pandemic outbreak plays a major roles shooting him to become the richest man on Earth.

Last edited:
This is the reason why Jeff bezos of Amazon was able to make a lot of billions within short period of time. Pandemic outbreak plays a major news in shooting in to become the richest man on Earth.

Jeff bezon was already one of the richest person on Earth way before the pandemic started. I think he earned a lot of money because at that time there was not much competition in the online world and he marketed his business very well and in a much better way than others.

Getting used to improvement on technology is a challenge on it's own, I have heard some people complain that those in some areas who do not know how e commerce or don't trust it would order and not pay when delivered.

Jeff bezon was already one of the richest person on Earth way before the pandemic started. I think he earned a lot of money because at that time there was not much competition in the online world and he marketed his business very well and in a much better way than others.
You are right in that aspect, but Jeff bezos becomes Cent billionaires during the pandemic outbreak. Cent billionaire is a person who is net worth is over 100 billion dollars.

You are right in that aspect, but Jeff bezos becomes Cent billionaires during the pandemic outbreak. Cent billionaire is a person who is net worth is over 100 billion dollars.
I haven't followed or studied about jeff Bezos, but I have heard that Warren Buffet became a billionaire because he was earning money since his childhood. he made his first investments in shares when he was a child and he gained success at that time and this was his key to success.

Getting used to improvement on technology is a challenge on it's own, I have heard some people complain that those in some areas who do not know how e commerce or don't trust it would order and not pay when delivered.
In this case, I think they should do pay before delivery because this will actually help a lot of customers to be serious when they ordered for a particular product to avoid unnecessary stress.

In this case, I think they should do pay before delivery because this will actually help a lot of customers to be serious when they ordered for a particular product to avoid unnecessary stress.
That is another method but people prefer seeing their goods before they pay from e commerce websites, I know I do that's why I prefer Konga over jumia these days since jumia reduced pay on delivery.

I think the major issue facing ecommerce in Nigeria is the high cost of logistics. The cost of sending goods to different locations is on a high side now and affects the price of the goods.

In every business, their is demits and merits. And e-commerce isn't an exemption to that. One major issue of e-commerce stores is that, people aren't all that aqusinted ordering products only, some are still feeling skeptic about that.

Like any new technology, electronic commerce faces some challenges that impede its development and limit its spread
What do you think of this issues ??
I think that there are a lot of challenges on electronic commerce. One of the challenges is the speed of internet connection.

For example there is an immediate order of a life giving support machine and then the delivery was very late that the patient already died.

To me the biggest challenges to which e commerce face is that a lot of customers do not trust stores maybe due to the fear of receiving a defective product , being scammed and I have seen a lot of people complain lot about fees being attached to delivery.
There are so many challenges facing e-commerce and one of the challenges that is university-commerce please lack of involvement of people and awareness of e-commerce transaction.

One big challenge is standing out among the numerous e- commerce websites already existing. The competition is become too much. If you have capital you can pump into it, well it will have a long way to go making you stand out.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back