Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Now before you say anything, yes video rental stores are mostly dead. There's like one Blockbuster left, and that's just for the sake of nostalgia. But that's why I wanted to make this topic, nostalgia. That is a big word these days as everyone seems to be all about it. From nostalgia to gaming, movies, tv, the 90s in general, the 80s, etc. Just nostalgia.

SO it made me wonder if there is any place for video rental stores these days. SHould we bring a few back? Maybe like a museum into the good ol days. :D

Do you think it would be worth doing? Or would it turn out to be a temporary thing?

I think video stores are a thing of the past, as technology advances, the world evolves, and businesses that previously seemed to be incredible, both to start one or to invest in them, the passage of technology and time makes them obsolete, I do not think it is a good idea to invest in these businesses, since their market is very small and it may be that their only customers are the ones that feel nostalgic for this time.

Now before you say anything, yes video rental stores are mostly dead. There's like one Blockbuster left, and that's just for the sake of nostalgia. But that's why I wanted to make this topic, nostalgia. That is a big word these days as everyone seems to be all about it. From nostalgia to gaming, movies, tv, the 90s in general, the 80s, etc. Just nostalgia.

SO it made me wonder if there is any place for video rental stores these days. SHould we bring a few back? Maybe like a museum into the good ol days. :D

Do you think it would be worth doing? Or would it turn out to be a temporary thing?

I believe that with the different kind of streaming services that is available for people to watch any kind of movies and TV show they are interested in watching online as well as music, it is going to be a very bad decision for you to invest in video rental store because most people will not buy from you.

Blockbuster Company went bankrupt, It was once the world's biggest video rental company. It was so big that in the initial days, netflix offered itself to sell to Blockbuster and Blockbuster denied it. You might have understood what I am trying to say. Video rental is an old business idea that will not work in modern time

Blockbuster Company went bankrupt, It was once the world's biggest video rental company. It was so big that in the initial days, netflix offered itself to sell to Blockbuster and Blockbuster denied it. You might have understood what I am trying to say. Video rental is an old business idea that will not work in modern time

Seriously, I felt so bad when I saw the update about what happened to Blockbuster Company. It was all evident that the trend shifted from their standing and there was no way of them getting right back in it. It doesn't matter how much they tried to reinvest in the project, user's interest moved away from their services.

A business need to analyze customers' demand and interest. With the evolution of the internet and then the popularity of streaming services, a video rental company couldn't get hold of a customer base. If they had changed their modality to streaming instead of renting videos through VHS or DVDs, they could have survived.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back