What's new

Should younger people be paid less?

I believe there should be equality in the line of payment in an organisation , what you need to use in paying is the rank and position of each workers in the company and not age .

Personally I think paying the younger ones less amount of wages or salaries, will definitely discourage alot of them from engaging themselves into any kind of jobs to earned. and it may affect the economy.

I do not believe that younger people should be paid lesser than people who are older and they are doing the same job. You should be paid equally to the amount of money that you are bringing into the company.
You're right about this. I don't think this is even up for a debate as the right thing to do is known to us all. You can't pay your workers according to their age as that's even out of options.

This depends on how the person work's, if he or she is hard working I think you need to consider paying a good amount of money, this will also motivate them.

This depends on how the person work's, if he or she is hard working I think you need to consider paying a good amount of money, this will also motivate them.
You are talking about merit here but for me I think such discrimination should not come when someone is employed whether young or old let him present his or her qualifications and he will be rewarded base on his qualifications

You are talking about merit here but for me I think such discrimination should not come when someone is employed whether young or old let him present his or her qualifications and he will be rewarded base on his qualifications
True, that's why I said you'll be rewarded according to your work, hard if you are a hard working individual your age doesn't matter it's just a number, a lot of people don't understand this.

I believe age is not a factor in determine how a worker should get as salary. Academic qualification, the value to be rendered ate some of the factor that are considered when deciding a worker salary. Age is never a factor.

I do not think anybody can convince me why younger people should be paid less especially if they are doing the same work with those who are older. I understand that it makes sense to pay the older ones loyalty bonus because then everybody should be paid based on how much input they are bringing in.

I opined that each and every worker should be paid accordingly to the duty discharged and payment should not be based on age limitation. The duties to carry through must have an attached renumeration which must be discharged appropriately.

I should not be the same. There are a lot of factors that must be put into consideration such as the level of experience, academic qualification and working hours. Younger people seems to be paid less as they are not advanced in terms of experience.
I agree that experience is one of the factor considered in determining the salary of an employee. And, unfortunately, young people don't have experience. But, as young person, if you're very skill and expert in your field, I can assure you that company will not bring in experience when they want to discuss your experience.

Paying somebody know because he is young just means that is going to keep on looking for other opportunities somewhere. Wages or salary should be dependent on what you contribute.
This is true because there is no way I am going to stay loyal to a company if I am going to find another one that is going to be paying me more while I am offering them the same service.

I don't think that payment should be done according to age. It should be according to experience and skills. In my country, your position and responsibilities determines how much you earn. So you could be young but because of your skill set, you earn better than an older person.

No, age shouldn't not be considered in the amount of pay a person receives. Other factors like hard work, the level of qualification and many others should instead be considered when paying and employee.

No, i believe the most important factor should be the amount of work they do and not their age. If the so called young ones or lesser experienced ones are doing the same work as others, then they should be paid the same amount as others.

Definitely no, discrimination when it comes to paying employees is not a nice idea.in as much as the young teenager works appropriately then, his or her salary should be paid as it is paid to other employees.

I don't think the payment should be based on age, the payment should be based on skills, knowledge, and experience. I would prefer to pay or receive payment for what people do or what I do and not how old they are or how old I am.

I don't think that payment should be done according to age. It should be according to experience and skills. In my country, your position and responsibilities determines how much you earn. So you could be young but because of your skill set, you earn better than an older person.
That's how it should be everywhere and if it's not then that wouldn't be fair. I went to a highschool that there are young and aged teachers teaching in the same level and they are paid the same amount of money.

That is true . The issue of underpayment in most countries is alarming and the government are not doing anything about it.
The same is also applicable over here . people that are being paid handsomely are people that are lucky to work in some of the prestigious private companies such as oil and gas

Well, developed countries have laws that protect the rights of people. This is something that does not exist in my country. In my country, there are no laws that allow employees to earn a minimum wage.

No I don’t agree with that, why should younger people be paid less because they are young. Everyone should be paid equally whether a kid or an adult
Exactly, age should not be a factor in deciding workers salary. The value a workers is providing for the company should be used in deciding the workers salary. Not age.

Exactly, age should not be a factor in deciding workers salary. The value a workers is providing for the company should be used in deciding the workers salary. Not age.
I totally agree with what you guys are saying. Age should never be a factor for determining how much one earns. You could be so young but you provide so much value to the company than people older than you.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back