What's new

Should younger people be paid less?

Well, apart from being underpaid, many employees also do not receive their salaries on time. This is also something that many people complain about many times.
The issue of late salary payment is very predominant in most of the company's most especially when the economic meltdown as kicked off . There are variant complaints about late payment of salaries from companies.

That will be a bad idea in the labour market and it will discourage alot of younger people from working or getting themselves involved in anything. the people should be paid based on the effort made in the production process both young and old.

The issue of late salary payment is very predominant in most of the company's most especially when the economic meltdown as kicked off . There are variant complaints about late payment of salaries from companies.

Well, many companies do realise this and I think that they must discuss this thing with their employees in order to avoid misunderstandings. Good companies always pay on time.

Most young people don't have the experience that older people have. And experience is usually a determinant of how much you earn in most companies. In such cases, it is just reasonable for younger people to be paid less.

I think if younger people are paid less or little amount of money for the labour they supply, the economy won't be stable because the older ones won't be able to perform for a very long time for the growth because the younger ones won't love to work.

Paying somebody know because he is young just means that is going to keep on looking for other opportunities somewhere. Wages or salary should be dependent on what you contribute.
You're very correct. If your employees is talented and hardworking but you're not paying him or her enough money because he or she is young, the employee will definitely seek out for new opportunities.

Most young people don't have the experience that older people have. And experience is usually a determinant of how much you earn in most companies. In such cases, it is just reasonable for younger people to be paid less.

I think that this is also one of the main reasons why many younger people get paid less. Apart from that younger people are considered as a group of people who may not have many responsibilities as compared to older people.

I think that the payment should be guaged on the level of abilities that the young fellow was able to exhibit . There are seniors that do not have the capabilities that match the young ones and as such, they must be paid accordingly.

I think that this is also one of the main reasons why many younger people get paid less. Apart from that younger people are considered as a group of people who may not have many responsibilities as compared to older people.
I think that the pay rate for the younger ones may be reduced due to the fact that they do not have huge responsibilities to satisfy but I think that it shouldn't be so because that are lot of younger ones who are shouldering huge responsibilities.

That is not true. Some firms really use young workers for hard jobs. Then let the older workers to just be responsible for the few tasks such as policy making and management. All the small and many responsibilities are left for young workers.

I think that the pay rate for the younger ones may be reduced due to the fact that they do not have huge responsibilities to satisfy but I think that it shouldn't be so because that are lot of younger ones who are shouldering huge responsibilities.

Well, it all depends. There are so many young people who get married and the responsibilities of those folks increase as well. This means that those young people should be paid more.

We live in a world where everyone is treated equally but even in the UK, the minimum wage is different for those between 16-18 and 18-23 for example.
View attachment 4084

Whilst it encourages employers to hire less experienced staff for lower cost, most less experienced employees are expected to do the same job to the standards of anyone else working otherwise risk disciplinary action. So some would argue that everyone doing the same role should be paid the same or individuals should be paid upon performance

Do you think younger people should be paid less?
That's not how it is here in my country. Younger people do not earn less. The minimum wage is the same amount for both old and young individual. The only thing I don't like about the minimum wage is that it is very low.

Well if younger people will be paid less, definitely the economy will crash one day because they won't be willing to work due to low payments late. and when the older ones are not willing to work, there will be a problem of labour supply.

That's not how it is here in my country. Younger people do not earn less. The minimum wage is the same amount for both old and young individual. The only thing I don't like about the minimum wage is that it is very low.
Minimum wage is being determined by the government. Over here when you are getting into government job you will be paid the minimum wage too no matter your age but as your level increases your salary will also increase along. That's how it works.

Well if younger people will be paid less, definitely the economy will crash one day because they won't be willing to work due to low payments late. and when the older ones are not willing to work, there will be a problem of labour supply.
Yes but what you posted here is just like a suggestion,so I think this type of action won't be taking into consideration,young and old people need to be paid the same in as much as they have the ability to operate and work perfectly

I don't think it is fair to actually do that. Everyone is entitled to what he or she works for and therefore there should be no bias by reason of age on how much people get paid for doing the same jobs.

Minimum wage is being determined by the government. Over here when you are getting into government job you will be paid the minimum wage too no matter your age but as your level increases your salary will also increase along. That's how it works.

Well, we do not have any kind of minimum wage rule in here and many businesses take advantage of this thing. The government has failed in a really bad manner.

Well you may be right about the two different age but I also believe the older ones are getting more weaker as they work and it will be discouraging that the younger ones who worked with so much effort are being paid less.

Well, we do not have any kind of minimum wage rule in here and many businesses take advantage of this thing. The government has failed in a really bad manner.
Exactly , the same over here. Minimum wage is mainly for the government and for government workers that have just been employed to work for the government.
But for those working for a private organisation there is no such thing here and it is not the best because this is what leads to exploitation as you have said.

Age should not be a barrier but experience. Experience should be used to pay people. Although at last stage, people that at older than you tend to have more experience than you

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back