What's new

Should younger people be paid less?

The payment sometimes depends on experience and probably your years of service that determines . people that are just entering into work either in the government sometimes are likely to be paid less.

The payment sometimes depends on experience and probably your years of service that determines . people that are just entering into work either in the government sometimes are likely to be paid less.

I think that all the people deserve to be paid well. There are many people who have families or they may need money even if they live alone. A person must be paid based on his experience and skills.

I think that all the people deserve to be paid well. There are many people who have families or they may need money even if they live alone. A person must be paid based on his experience and skills.
Everybody are being paid based on the skills they have and their level of experience and that is just the best thing. You wouldn't like a situation that you have been in service for a long time will still be receiving exact amount of salary someone who just enter is receiving.

Payment according to age would not be productive to the company at large. It would lessen the motivation of the young people and as well make the older people become lazy.

Age is never a factor in determining what a person should get. What determines what you should get as a salary is what you are able to offered the company. The more value you add to the company, the more money you get.

We live in a world where everyone is treated equally but even in the UK, the minimum wage is different for those between 16-18 and 18-23 for example.
View attachment 4084

Whilst it encourages employers to hire less experienced staff for lower cost, most less experienced employees are expected to do the same job to the standards of anyone else working otherwise risk disciplinary action. So some would argue that everyone doing the same role should be paid the same or individuals should be paid upon performance

Do you think younger people should be paid less?
I do not believe that younger individuals should be offered less remuneration if they are performing the tasks as high a level as seasoned veterans. Both should be paid equally based on output

Well that doesn't makes any sense at all. I believe there is always equality of labours and so also there should be equality in the payment. every should be paid the same based on the work they do.

Well no one is supposed to be paid less compared to the magnitude of his labour which I believe it's all the same with the elderly people. and sometimes the younger ones even work more better than the elderly ones.

I am of the belief that people should get paid based on how much they're contributing towards business growth and not just about their age at all .

That is the problem of some businesses.

Payment according to age would do the company more harm than good . Because it would definitely discourage the young people to put in their innovative mind at work.

Very true....youngsters are more technically sound and are able to adapt to changes very fast and have become assets to their company. Paying such talented people will surely create a better trend in the employment sector.
You're absolutely right by saying this, but haven't you seen instance when a small or younger person tends to have more money than old people, i don't think if allowing young people of age to pay less is a nice idea.

I think pay should be in accordance of skill and labor. If you have little skill and do little work, you should not make that much. I feel like a lot of people these days complain they aren't getting paid enough to do minimal tasks the average 12 year old can handle while hard workers who spend 20+ years doing the same job perfectly yet seldom see a raise and get taken advantage of.
This one of the reasons I like online jobs which is they pay according to the value you bring to the table and not by your age or certification as most offline business tend to do.

They should never be paid less. They should be paid according to the value they are offering and their competence level

Am too sure that labour unions is available in most of the countries just to protect the right of individuals members without regard for age or status. all labourers are supposed to be paid based on there work not age.

I think people should be paid equally if you they do the same kind of work,regardless of their age, except if their qualifications or years of experiences are different.

Everybody are being paid based on the skills they have and their level of experience and that is just the best thing. You wouldn't like a situation that you have been in service for a long time will still be receiving exact amount of salary someone who just enter is receiving.

Yes, but I have seen that some companies do not pay a good amount of money to their employees and they merely use their employees. I have read many reviews of many employees who have complained about many companies.

It won't be an acceptable idea. every labourer has an equal right for payment regardless of his age. if such will be done, the younger ones won't love to work again.

Yes, but I have seen that some companies do not pay a good amount of money to their employees and they merely use their employees. I have read many reviews of many employees who have complained about many companies.
That is true . The issue of underpayment in most countries is alarming and the government are not doing anything about it.
The same is also applicable over here . people that are being paid handsomely are people that are lucky to work in some of the prestigious private companies such as oil and gas

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back