What's new

Share your experience with a dishonest business partner.

This is such a bad experience and one anyone planning to go into business should read and learn. Giving out 100% control of your business to a third party is more like handing the soul of your business to another person. I have seen a case where a brother handed his business to his cousin and the business was run down to ashes. He couldn't do anything as it is a family affair. So, it is always necessary that we keep a close eye to any business that we have a stake in.
I have learnt a big lesson in the hard way but it made me stronger.
I am well equiped and better placed to partner with others and I know when and how to involve a legal team in areas where it is necessary.
The issue of trust in business is vital and unfortunately those that breaches agreement are doing themselves more harm than good because they will keep losing good people in their circle of friends and sometimes you need your circle of friends to get out of some situation and when they have no trust in you, then all hope might be lost
Post automatically merged:

Well

I have had a friend who lied about the profit he got in a project. That he suffered a lot loss.
We shared the loss me taking the bigger share because he claimed he spearheaded it. I was even sorry for him for the time he devoted not knowing I was being cheated. I discovered later. Now we do our stuffs individually
I was robbed off the opportunity of not having to work for anybody immediately after my national youth service.
I served in a firm that is into agricultural production (cassava plantation, fishry and rabbit farming). The owner based in Lagos, Nigeria and the business is in Ekiti, Nigeria. The owner entrusted the business to this young undergraduate student of Agric department of University of Ado-Ekiti then we came on board serving youth corpers.
The intention of the owner is to equiped young graduates with agricultural knowledge and hoping that we can replicate the scope of the business immediately after our service year.
We spent 1 full year doing nothing as there was no farm and a make shift one drum fish of less than 200pcs and the appointed undergraduate just larvished all the investment. It was an unfortunate situation because we don't have link to the owner of the company but it was late before we laid out hand on his contact to inform him.
The man came to town and discovered he has been lied to for 2 full farming season and all that he has are figures on paper.
It was a bitter experience and a loss to us as we ended in labour market looking for job like every other person
Post automatically merged:

Doc
I haven’t had any bad experience from my business dealings with partners. I’m not perfect but I try as much as possible to be on a good legal ground before embarking on any business adventumost

Last edited:
This is such a bad experience and one anyone planning to go into business should read and learn. Giving out 100% control of your business to a third party is more like handing the soul of your business to another person. I have seen a case where a brother handed his business to his cousin and the business was run down to ashes. He couldn't do anything as it is a family affair. So, it is always necessary that we keep a close eye to any business that we have a stake in.
Exactly, when a business is called partnership, you both are supposed to contribute 50/50 to the running of the company's business because it's a shared responsibility. But when you leave everything for the other to take care of, it's no longer a partnership.

Exactly, when a business is called partnership, you both are supposed to contribute 50/50 to the running of the company's business because it's a shared responsibility. But when you leave everything for the other to take care of, it's no longer a partnership.

It's somehow especially when the person running the business contributes nothing to the business, then you are likely to be in a situation where they can do anything to kill the business. It is always good to make those who run the business have their funds in it as that is the way to ensure they don't mess up the business at the end.

It was a laundry soap production. I insisted that we should start on aloe scale so as to mitigate losses if things go wrong. He refused by assuring me that he is an expert in the field and also have an established distributor. It was later that I discovered the reason for rejecting the idea of starting small and opted for medium production. This is so that he could make more money off me( he virtually handled everything as I didn't know much about soap production). Almost all the production items he bought,I later discovered that the prices were all inflated. Any attempt made by me to source for production materials were rebuffed by him, saying that he won't be held liable if i bought a fake. It was quite an expensive/unfortunate experience for me as it almost texted my performance at my job.
We was two business patner the property was his and I just sell it in this way he give me commission or profit of houses and in property buying I also give money a bit but in pendamic situation all the business stop and he is asking that he want to leave it and wouldn't be stand with me so he is leaving me in this critical situation

I haven't partner with any one in business but I Know of a person who together with his friend build a business. Their agreement was that the knowledgeable should make decisions while the other take care of the finances to share the return of investment equally but later there was problem of money.
It was a bad experience. Bad business partner always take away your profit. They do more harm to the business. It's not good to have bad business partner. Mine, I can't share it here. Whenever I think about it, I curse the guy

I could remember when I was to venture into a partnership business when my partners went ahead to make his own flexibility study about Indirect trading business, on getting every cost, and allocating the price, since then he has been showing sign of not been concern again by saying negative words without taking step towards achieving this business goal together.

Not everyone is going to be good no matter how much good you have shown them, once they get the opportunity to stab you in the back all because of your own money, they will do it with all pleasure. I have come to understand that human beings are flawed from nature.
Sorry to say sir honesty is also something. Your hear always alarms you when you did this type of dishonesty with your near and dear ones. But if he does these type of blunders leave him on behalf of the judgement day.

My experience with a dishonest partner is not a business partner. The thing is that we did a business deal together and we both agreed that I will be paided a certain amount of money but when it came to when he was supposed to pay me he started telling me stories.

He told me that I should wait till when the whole business gets wrapped up but when the business got wrapped up I asked him and he told me that he will pay and this has always been what he has been telling me till now. it was just yesterday that I met him and I had a quarrel with him and then and there, I told him that he should keep the money that I don't need it again but I won't have anything to do with him ever again.

Sorry to say sir honesty is also something. Your hear always alarms you when you did this type of dishonesty with your near and dear ones. But if he does these type of blunders leave him on behalf of the judgement day.
See there is a type of life which I lead, there are things that I don't wait for God to come and settle for me or between me and someone who wronged me especially in a business deal. I'm going to so deal with that person, he would regret ever knowing me. On the judgment day, let God settle the matter.

A dishonest business partner is a big criminal which is capable of crumbling ones business if not properly handled at the initial stage. I urge anyone in such situation to be wise in handling the issue.

He told me there was a business proposition and that I will make at least 5% of my capital. I was very happy, gave it a long thought and I asked from his friends and they said it was very real. There and then I counted my chicks before they hatch. I gave him a long shot and there and then began my problems. In the first week was the problem of logistics of which I endured. Then issues persisted the second week which was of more logistical issues; I wasn't happy. The third week I asked for my funds; there and then things blew up. My cash was lost, it was so painful so painful.

Melody Lankford
By: Melody LankfordMay 18, 2019
HOW TO DEAL WITH AN UNCOOPERATIVE BUSINESS PARTNER (AND KEEP YOUR BUSINESS THRIVING)
Business Law
In business, dealing with difficult individuals goes with the territory. Some people are just naturally stubborn. Others seem to be naturally contentious. And even otherwise reasonable people can sometimes suddenly become quite disagreeable for no particular discernible reason.
But when the difficult person is a business partner, the business can suffer. How you deal with a difficult business partner depends on the way that person is difficult and the nature of your disagreements. Sometimes, all you need for dealing with a difficult partner is a little patience.

Actually I haven't really met any dishonest partner offline, all dishonest partner I had come across has been always thought online, I have lost a lot to scammers online. And unfortunately for me my greed keeps on taking the best part of me as I keeps on loosing more and more on a monthly basis.

A dishonest business partner is a big criminal which is capable of crumbling ones business if not properly handled at the initial stage. I urge anyone in such situation to be wise in handling the issue.
Seriously, they are destroyers and only live a life full of selfishness. To work hard in an honest way is very difficult for them and I can't seem to understand why they are wired that way. To live a life worthy of respect isn't in their life plan because to do evil is all they live for.

It was a laundry soap production. I insisted that we should start on aloe scale so as to mitigate losses if things go wrong. He refused by assuring me that he is an expert in the field and also have an established distributor. It was later that I discovered the reason for rejecting the idea of starting small and opted for medium production. This is so that he could make more money off me( he virtually handled everything as I didn't know much about soap production). Almost all the production items he bought,I later discovered that the prices were all inflated. Any attempt made by me to source for production materials were rebuffed by him, saying that he won't be held liable if i bought a fake. It was quite an expensive/unfortunate experience for me as it almost texted my performance at my job.
Having no business partner and doing it yourself all alone is better, much better than having a fraudulent business partner who only thinks about themselves only. Such partners can make you work very hard and not gain anything... This is one of the reasons I prefer doing my business alone. Everyone is actually selfi

sh

Doing business with a dishonest partner makes skin crawl. They will tell you all manner of sweet things and juicy talk here and there back and forth. Never trustworthy. You should have a written memorandum of understanding for the business to avoid such crazy persons from you sanity.

We was two business patner the property was his and I just sell it in this way he give me commission or profit of houses and in property buying I also give money a bit but in pendamic situation all the business stop and he is asking that he want to leave it and wouldn't be stand with me so he is leaving me in this critical situation

That's not so good. Any business partner that wants to leave when the business is crumbling is never a good person. This is the time both business partners should stand together and work out ways to keep the business running.

That's not so good. Any business partner that wants to leave when the business is crumbling is never a good person. This is the time both business partners should stand together and work out ways to keep the business running.
Yup you are right my feelings at that time was also similar but I believe on my God he will do better for me and in future after pendamic situation my business will be again get repute and will gain the status more than before then he has nothing without a disappointed why he lives his friend in business

My experience with a dishonest partner was so grevious, thought provoking and anger filled experience. When sales where made, he would put a token back from the amount paid and continually made me believe that's how much was paid.

I have definitely not encountered a dishonest business partner, and I won't like to encounter such, because it can bring distrust and the business can't even run smoothly.before you start business with any person make sure you know the character of the person and it is the type of person you can trust.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back