What's new

Share your experience with a dishonest business partner.

I haven't partner with any one in business but I Know of a person who together with his friend build a business. Their agreement was that the knowledgeable should make decisions while the other take care of the finances to share the return of investment equally but later there was problem of money.

My brother that is what usually end the partnership surely one must be dishonest and disappoint the other. I will never advice anyone including my enemy to have partner with anyone in business.
I'm of the same feeling as you when it comes to not having a partner when it comes to your business because in most cases, it never ends well. It's not a must to build the business big, start with the little money you have and grow your business bit by bit in peace.

I had a not too good encounter with a dishonest business partner. This fellow and my outfit had a partnership, he has a product and our outfit manages his online marketing and courier to his clients. We used to collect our pay for the courier we do to the client at close of work. Sometimes he wouldn't pay us our money until we demand for it.Then a period came and I was absent for 2weeks,and our courier personnel had to do his job,the client most times, pays both for his product and our courier charge.But this fellow deliberately take the money for his product and our fee,and put all the money back into his own business.He held this our money so long that we have to be persuading him,he started paying us in batch and never completed it.

My mum and her friend started a business together some years back, my mum buys while her friend sales the goods. It's a seasonal business which only lasts for three months or there about. After the season, she told my mum that some customers were owing her, which we all know that it do happen in businesses. Whenever my mum asks her about the money, she will tell her that they haven't paid. My mum later discovered that 80% of the customers had already paid her. That was the end of their partnership

It was a laundry soap production. I insisted that we should start on aloe scale so as to mitigate losses if things go wrong. He refused by assuring me that he is an expert in the field and also have an established distributor. It was later that I discovered the reason for rejecting the idea of starting small and opted for medium production. This is so that he could make more money off me( he virtually handled everything as I didn't know much about soap production). Almost all the production items he bought,I later discovered that the prices were all inflated. Any attempt made by me to source for production materials were rebuffed by him, saying that he won't be held liable if i bought a fake. It was quite an expensive/unfortunate experience for me as it almost texted my performance at my job.
My own experience worst. A friend of mine asked me to teach him how to trade for free because of our level of friendship. I did it for him for free but to my surprise he went ahead to collect money from people and teach them nonsense

My mum and her friend started a business together some years back, my mum buys while her friend sales the goods. It's a seasonal business which only lasts for three months or there about. After the season, she told my mum that some customers were owing her, which we all know that it do happen in businesses. Whenever my mum asks her about the money, she will tell her that they haven't paid. My mum later discovered that 80% of the customers had already paid her. That was the end of their partnership
People can never really be trusted even when they are your friends, once it's a money related issue, they all tend to disappear and disappoint you because they will become more greedy than they are supposed to for what is not their own alone. Was she thinking that your mother wouldn't find out?

People can never really be trusted even when they are your friends, once it's a money related issue, they all tend to disappear and disappoint you because they will become more greedy than they are supposed to for what is not their own alone. Was she thinking that your mother wouldn't find out?
Maybe...... My mum was very disappointed because she was the one that introduced her to the business. That was how the whole partnership ended.

It is very bad to have a dishonest partner in business, the only thing you can do is for you to separate. One having a dishonest partner in business can lead to death of the person because greed will come in and also envy. Dishonest partner is very dangerious, it is one disadvantage of partnership.

When I was very young, I and a neighbor had a business that yields good profit, so we decided to save it in a box to use it at the end of the month to buy clothes. Month end, I opened the safe only to see that almost all the money has vanished into thin air. Who took it? Your guess is as good as mine.
Post automatically merged:

When I was very young, I and a neighbor had a business that yields good profit, so we decided to save it in a box to use it at the end of the month to buy clothes. Month end, I opened the safe only to see that almost all the money has vanished into thin air. Who took it? Your guess is as good as mine.

Maybe...... My mum was very disappointed because she was the one that introduced her to the business. That was how the whole partnership ended.
It's a shame that the lady let your mother down. Some people are just like that, when you think that you know them, something will happen to show you the kind of person they really are especially when it comes to money and trust. This is why most times, it's better to do your business alone and enjoy it alone.

It was a laundry soap production. I insisted that we should start on aloe scale so as to mitigate losses if things go wrong. He refused by assuring me that he is an expert in the field and also have an established distributor. It was later that I discovered the reason for rejecting the idea of starting small and opted for medium production. This is so that he could make more money off me( he virtually handled everything as I didn't know much about soap production). Almost all the production items he bought,I later discovered that the prices were all inflated. Any attempt made by me to source for production materials were rebuffed by him, saying that he won't be held liable if i bought a fake. It was quite an expensive/unfortunate experience for me as it almost texted my performance at my job.
I am a student and I don't have any type of business so there is no experience of dishonest person with me.
I will suggest you to leave dishonest business partner because a dishonest person will cause destruction of your business.

I have not had any bad experience in my business with partner, I try my best in order not to have any problem in my business with no one, I know am not perfect but I try maintain peace among my business partner.
One of my experience about a dishonest partners is that, the person is very selfish and not considerate about others and such people are not ready to sacrifice themselves but been selfish only.

I am a student and I don't have any type of business so there is no experience of dishonest person with me.
I will suggest you to leave dishonest business partner because a dishonest person will cause destruction of your business.
They equally destroy themselves as well in the process of destroying other people's businesses because they will never get such opportunities again to ever do any kind of business with the people they breached their trust in the past.

I have not any bad experience from my business dealings with partners. I’m not perfect but I try as much as possible to be on a good legal ground before embarking on any business adventure. If you have written agreement then there are little chances of this thing.

There are times, when your instincts tell you that a person is not trustworthy the moment you meet them. I never trust anyone 100% including family because disappointment can come anytime.

I have not any bad experience from my business dealings with partners. I’m not perfect but I try as much as possible to be on a good legal ground before embarking on any business adventure. If you have written agreement then there are little chances of this thing.
Not everyone is going to be good no matter how much good you have shown them, once they get the opportunity to stab you in the back all because of your own money, they will do it with all pleasure. I have come to understand that human beings are flawed from nature.

My experience with my first business partner who happened to be dishonest cost me everything and almost cost me my friend who I also convinced to invest in the business.
It was an agric business where a small hectare of land was acquired from the state government at a token in Ekiti state, Nigeria back in the year 2009. I just completed my NYSC scheme and what next is job hunt but with the opportunity that I saw while serving I opted for this agric plan under the state government scheme but the project was mismanaged and everything was lost till today.
I was able to convinced my friend who happened to invest in the business but I find it difficult getting it over my head.
I learnt a big lesson that I will never submit my project/business to 100% control of a third party person. I will always be involved no matter how little that involvement will be

This is such a bad experience and one anyone planning to go into business should read and learn. Giving out 100% control of your business to a third party is more like handing the soul of your business to another person. I have seen a case where a brother handed his business to his cousin and the business was run down to ashes. He couldn't do anything as it is a family affair. So, it is always necessary that we keep a close eye to any business that we have a stake in.

I'm very selective when it comes to friendship. I make friends with people who think in the same way just like me the same thing goes for business partner. three very honest with you I have never had a bad experience with any of my business partners they are all good and very honest with their businesses.

Well
To be very honest I haven't faced such a situation till now. But I always suggest others and believe that we should not go towards partnership business ever. It hurts you and your partner one day. It is because money makes you selfish and a person with whom you spend years and years, one day trust from both sides goes down and finally it separates you from your beloved friend. I think money is the main cause of separation and distrust. That's why it is better to have small but solo business because no one wants to loose a friend who are blessings for us.
I have had a friend who lied about the profit he got in a project. That he suffered a lot loss.
We shared the loss me taking the bigger share because he claimed he spearheaded it. I was even sorry for him for the time he devoted not knowing I was being cheated. I discovered later. Now we do our stuffs individually

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back