What's new

Recovery of rent from ex-tenants years ago?

It is actually a lost case and I do not see the reason why he need to be afraid for the case. He only need to ask the landlord to charge him to court.

Seriously, sometime I ask the question if all these landlord actually listen to their lawyers before drafting a case because if they do, the lawyer will make it very clear to them that they can't really win such case.

Seriously, sometime I ask the question if all these landlord actually listen to their lawyers before drafting a case because if they do, the lawyer will make it very clear to them that they can't really win such case.
That would depend on the rental law. In our country there is a protection against evicting a tenant. The tenant is given 2 months to either pay or leave. But usually the landlord would request the tenant to leave so he would forget to collect the arrears in the rent.

The court is there, that's the best place to take the defaulting tenant and demand for your full rent to be handed over to you for the years he lived.

Hi Alexander, you are not keeping us updated on what is going on, at least we would like to know more about what the man is trying to do,is everything now okay ? Is the man is not troubling you again ?
This is a very nice follow up question to @Alexander. He should keep us updated on what is going on? I hope that everything is okay by now. I believe the replies of this post from members of the forum will give him ideas on what to do.

This is a very nice follow up question to @Alexander. He should keep us updated on what is going on? I hope that everything is okay by now. I believe the replies of this post from members of the forum will give him ideas on what to do.
Yes I expected him to keep us updated on what is going on why the man was making such an accusation . I'm also interested to find out how he was able to deal and handle the situation.

I think that there is a specific time period that is associated with these sort of claims, and therefore i think that it is necessary to claim the rent within that time. If this is a few years later then this may have already passed and as such there will be no legal standing for this case. Furthermore, I think that if you have proof of transactions from your time there as well as if he lacks proof of this missing payment then you have nothing to worry about at all.
I think that you can go and meet any of your former tenant for any amount of money that he or she is owing you as a landlord because in law he still your debtor No matter define that has elapsed.

That would depend on the rental law. In our country there is a protection against evicting a tenant. The tenant is given 2 months to either pay or leave. But usually the landlord would request the tenant to leave so he would forget to collect the arrears in the rent.

Seriously, even 2 months is something that is very small as far as I'm concerned because over here in my country, tenants gets one year in order to make arrangements to leave the house.

It is not all or every landlords that uses or employ the services of a lawyer for their properties. Some are handles by the landlord himself without seeking counsel from anyone in cases like this one.

I think that you can go and meet any of your former tenant for any amount of money that he or she is owing you as a landlord because in law he still your debtor No matter define that has elapsed.
I think that is why it is very important that you take any legal action directly after the event has occurred because there is a statute of limitations that actually gives you what time period that you are allowed to pursue someone for outstanding funds.

From my experience not everyone likes to be tagged with the title debtor, I don't think responsible people will move out if a building without paying their rebtunles

It is very possible if there was a legal agreement to show for it and there are also evidences of debt own by the tenant

To me it can be possible but that depends on the kind of society that people are living in my country that can never be possible so far it is your ex forget about the money.

Lol some tenants are the worst, it can be so frustrating trying go get your rent at a point you'll give up and beg for them to just do you a favour and park out

In my country, it's a forgotten case except the landlord has the money to take you to court if you fail to pay up or if you decide to pay without argument. Once a tenant who owns packs out, the next thing to do is to consult your lawyer and involve the police to get paid, but if you leave it for long after the tenant has packed, then forget about it.

This doesn't look straight forward to me because landlords don't usually let tenants in without making all the necessary payments not to talk of living and moving before asking for some payments

This is a serious case it is never easy because of some certain circumstance lack unable to meet up with demand at the time you expected him to and also it's depends on the kind of tenant some can pay even after many years if they are in the position of the money.

I think it depends on some issues. Did you sign any agreement paper with him on a duration you're to stay? If yes,it will be binding as a contract whether you stayed up to the duration or not. If no,he has no legal advantage over you.
As long as he is no longer occupying his ex landlord house that means that he has settled whatever ain't that he was only so therefore the landlord has nothing on him legally.

To recover a money from an old tenant seriously most takes the grace of God or with interrogation by the security personnel which to some extent may destroy the already built relationship and it affects you in one way or the other.

Recovery of rents from tenants who left over years ago is not that easy to acquire otherwise you get a reliable information about their whereabouts.

Does your landlord have a legal documents signed by both parties backing up his claims? If not, he doesn't have a case against you in the court of law.
Must there be a signed documents. Can't people just behaves like human. Your rent is due is no reason why must continue staying in someone's house

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back