What's new

Recovery of rent from ex-tenants years ago?

In order to reach lasting solution on the negotiation table, both parties need to compromise on their term. this will make it pretty much easier for them to come with a solid agreement between both parties.
I think in issues like that, the tenant is always at fault. The bone of contention might actually be due to disparities in payment of rents or even increase in the cost of rents by the landlord.

I don't know how things work in your country, but if the landlord doesn't have a basis to ask for this payments then I'm sure the courts will settle this. But if you indeed owe the man since all this years, I'm afraid you might have to pay.

To some extent, is very impossible to recover a rent from an ex tenant most especially when the person have left the apartment already or as a result of certain issues which lead to violence if not by compelled.

I believe law is the same every where in the world but it depends on the people upholding the law, is there any legal document saying that you are owing him? if theres none, then theres no way he can win the case without any legal bindings.
I don't really think that law is the same thing all over the world because some laws that are applicable in some other part of the world are not applicable in my own country.

Rent arrears recovery doesn’t have to be complicated, especially when you have debt recovery solicitors to help because it always not been easy for the most landlord to recover rent from ex-tenant

I have an issue with one of the tenant owing my father almost two years rent before he moves out , he has a problem and he couldn't pay back and my father told him To pay when he's financially capable and he decided to move out immediately when his problems has been solved,
He has been avoiding my father ever since then , and after much pressure, we just beg our father to just forget the money .

To me this is just a case of theft. Why will he be asking you for money after moving out of his apartment. He needs to check out his payment records to confirm if you are owing me or not.
The truth of the matter is that some people can actually be very dubious when it comes to matters relating money and if you're not careful you're going to fall for their trap.

Truly talk, it's not an easy task to recover your rent from an ex tenant most especially when they person no longer lives in your apartment. I have comes across such case and it was not funny.

If you have not paid, you should know that you haven't paid . So, if you are found guilty after the law has taken its cause, you may be punished accordingly.

The main issue here is whether or not you are guilty of the allegations. If the man is right, then you just have to respect yourself and pay the money.

Something is not actually right here. Why is he demanding for money years after you had left him? Does it mean he's just realising that you still owe him that huge amount? Well, if he can provide a legal document to back up his claims then that's fine.

In many occasions , the landlord is always right no matter what happens , what the tenant needs to do is to try and pay the landlord in order to avoid future problems that might happen.

It's not an easy task actually, to recover a rent from an ex tenant most especially when he has vacated your apartment. Sometimes the process to which you may followed, may lead or develop a serious hatred between you two.

You can defend yourself if you have an agreement signed with him, also you have a receipt or payment proof then you good to go. With this and many more proofs to proof your innocent will make you stand out

I have some crazy tenants like that too who has financial problem and my dad out of generosity decided to let them stay but they decided to run away with the money they owed,
You can defend yourself if you have an agreement signed with him, also you have a receipt or payment proof then you good to go. With this and many more proofs to proof your innocent will make you stand out

If you Still have the rent payment history, you will be vindicated and likewise , if your landlord isn't with the proof that you have not paid, you will likely win. I don't think that he should be talking about old rentage.

It's very difficult to recover you money from an ex tenant because of some certain reason he won't be willingly to pay you back if not through force and that may cause alot disunity among you two.

The question to ask yourself did you own him when you were living in his house, if yes how much is it, and are there any receipts given to you for your previous payment and importantly did you sign any agreement with the landlord during the renting of the house.
The agreement must contain how you should be making your payments and penalty involved if you default, even when moving out. If you have the agreement, with all these things I have said you have a legal position.
Is only few years I have started, and I'm still struggling on the line and only making a few bucks, but intend to increase it with more opportunities only hoping to make start making money money like you.

Last edited:
I think this is a case you need to report to the police if he is really disturbing you . and also you need to make sure you are not owning him any money, just report to the police

I think this is a case you need to report to the police if he is really disturbing you . and also you need to make sure you are not owning him any money, just report to the police
There are many tenants that normally owes their landlord on purpose when they are ready to quit the house , they will use the apartment for many many months without paying and later moves out of the house.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back