What's new

Nigeria to suspend Twitter 'indefinitely'

Everything has been working upsidedown in this country with the present administration, the Twitter ban just tells the story of what has been happening in the country in a simple way.
The Nigerian government has really made this country to be very bad economic wise and also security wise and this is affecting all the citizenry in the country. My only wish is that we should never have any other administration like this current one ever again in this country.

I was just laughing when I heard about this news because it is really funny. I was asking is Twitter responsible for the high cost of living in the country? Or is it responsible for the bad government? Or better still is Twitter the only social media platform for dissemination of information, why are others not ban too? Confusion!

Funny government, they don't know what's wrong with them, my country have some many problems but the decide to ban twitter, maybe they think news spread more via twitter
Absolutely right my brother, there are many problems that need to be tackles and make the environment conducive for businesses and investment opportunities available but they don't care about such instead they go and ban Twitter that is a place where some people earn their living and stop it.

Nigerian government spending Twitter is just a show of Ego by the Nigerian president, he doesn't know that it will definitely affect the revenue generation of the country and by large, the economy of the country in a negative light.

Governments can suspend social media networks when they think that social media is being used or it may be used by some "propagandists" to spread propaganda. This has happened a lot in the past and Nigeria is not the only country to do so. I think some people may still access these platforms if they use VPN (Virtual Private Network) softwares.

Governments can suspend social media networks when they think that social media is being used or it may be used by some "propagandists" to spread propaganda. This has happened a lot in the past and Nigeria is not the only country to do so. I think some people may still access these platforms if they use VPN (Virtual Private Network) softwares.
The thing is that if the government are actually saying that Twitter is being used as a platform to spread propaganda on the social network then why are most of their agencies or organisations still making use of Twitter to disseminate they are information to the general public despite the fact that they said they have banned it?

The thing is that if the government are actually saying that Twitter is being used as a platform to spread propaganda on the social network then why are most of their agencies or organisations still making use of Twitter to disseminate they are information to the general public despite the fact that they said they have banned it?

I am not saying that this is definitely the case. What I am saying that governments might ban Twitter if they feel that their government can be threatened by the platform. I was just hypothesizing. Perhaps it might be possible that government official might be the only only who could access the platform to counter propaganda against the Nigerian government?

You're right. A lot of us promote our services on Twitter and get patronized, but this ban has ruined everything and we are suffering already.
Twitter has been the source of income and the lifeline of some people in nigeria, so the indefinite ban on Twitter by the Nigerian government has blocked and ruined the lifeline of some citizen.

This is what will always happen when we decided to put a round peg in a square hole. Those who are at the government does know the power of internet and social media. They think they can fight it but they don't know that they are going to get exhausted in the process. Truly they ban Twitter in my country but people are still accessing it everyday.

This is what you get when a country is run by people who are out of touch with the reality. The country has been suffering waves of insecurity and yet the government feels this is the reasonable thing to do. As usual with this government, they always need something or someone to blame for their gross ineptitude. They're blaming Twitter right now.

It is very unfortunate that I have to share the could try with people that are very behind in terms of reasoning and his is a sad development.

They suspended the twitter but that doesn't stop th citizens from accessing their twitter account whenever they want to access it from any other means. They have their livelihood there

They started with crypto now twitter. The fact is just that the nigerian government are trying so hard to silence the citizens from speaking out and this won't come out well for them that I'm very sure of

This is what will always happen when we decided to put a round peg in a square hole. Those who are at the government does know the power of internet and social media. They think they can fight it but they don't know that they are going to get exhausted in the process. Truly they ban Twitter in my country but people are still accessing it everyday.
They banned Twitter because it has been where the youths usually go to call them out whenever they make unfavorable policies and this makes them to think that banning it would go a long way in suppressing the youths.

I was just laughing when I heard about this news because it is really funny. I was asking is Twitter responsible for the high cost of living in the country? Or is it responsible for the bad government? Or better still is Twitter the only social media platform for dissemination of information, why are others not ban too? Confusion!
Rather than the government to attends to most pressing issues slowing the growth and development in the country, they decided to banned Twitter for their own selfish reasons known to them.

Nigeria government atimes behave like illiterate with the way they behave and think atimes because in a modern age like this for one man to sit and just make some kind decision he or she is aware it will affect the whole country either positively of negative but still go ahead with it is a very trend in my country
Post automatically merged:

Nigeria government atimes behave like illiterate with the way they behave and think atimes because in a modern age like this for one man to sit and just make some kind decision he or she is aware it will affect the whole country either positively of negative but still go ahead with it is a very trend in my country
Post automatically merged:

They banned Twitter because it has been where the youths usually go to call them out whenever they make unfavorable policies and this makes them to think that banning it would go a long way in suppressing the youths.
Only if they know that it will go other way around they wouldn't have try it out in the first instance. I know some people who join Twitter after the ban by the Federal government. Also more people got exposed to VPN.

They cant even do that. The Nigerian government has shown on so many levels that they dont actually care about the people or what they want. They just act as they want, paying no respect to democracy
A government that will do all in it's power and might to keep the people impoverished and begging is bit a responsible government to me. They banned cryptocurrency, now they are on Twitter. What a shame

A government that will do all in it's power and might to keep the people impoverished and begging is bit a responsible government to me. They banned cryptocurrency, now they are on Twitter. What a shame
Big shame i tell you. What pains me more is that if they could react lets say even 50% as fast as they did in the ban of crypto and twitter for other issues like security, health care and electricity, the country would have been a more better place.

Big shame i tell you. What pains me more is that if they could react lets say even 50% as fast as they did in the ban of crypto and twitter for other issues like security, health care and electricity, the country would have been a more better place.
It's just a pitiful situation indeed we find ourself in. When there are a lot pressing issues with very high level of poverty and insecurity to deal with, they are there banning people's livelihood

Its a complete nightmare for some of us that owns online business and have lots of follower base at Twitter promoting their online business reaching to those customers that patronizes the business.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back