What's new

Is the price of cryptocurrency manipulated?

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
The main reason that people get into cryptocurrencies because it is not regulated by single person or a single company and hence it is referred to as being decentralized. And while this is true and the only thing that are close to prices are the supply and demand of coin, the fact remains that cryptocurrency in my opinion, can be manipulated in terms of its value. The reason that I'm saying this is because they are whales in the market that own a lot of Bitcoin, and when they decide to make a movement of this Bitcoin then there are changes in the market value.

For example if whales sell a lot of the coin then the supply goes up and the value comes down. Do you share the feeling that I have that whales are able to manipulate the cryptocurrency markets?

While most coins are determined by the forces of demand and supply, I have seen a fee coins that their prices seem unexplainable. I wouldn't want to start mentioning some coins for some personal reasons. I saw one do a 500% in one day and in less than a week it was almost worthless.

The price of Bitcoin or any other crypto currency can not be manipulated it's just that investors need to invest in knowledge before going into crypto currency exchange Business so that they won't lose their investment funds. They need to know when to buy a coin and when to sell a coin so that they won't lose their profits.

Your analysis of the Whales is key. While we know cryptocoins are decentralized and wholly controlled by market demand and supply.However, I have once nurse the fear of possible manipulation or danger to the price of crypto especially bitcoin due to the Whales having greater percentage in holding. It simply means they somehow control the rise and fall of the coins much more than if they were to be unevenly spread across the continent of investors.

Yeah they are able to manipulate the market ,but i think there are many whales on the bitcoin market so if one whales is adding the supply the other is also adding to the demands of the coin , that is why you see the price of the coin increasing and falling , so only one whale cant do the job because other whales are there to change the price too

Essentially, these manipulative traders leverage their positions across a number of exchanges and a number of trading products: “it seems that theBitcoin price is manipulated by sophisticated traders who use several exchanges (regulated and unregulated) in parallel to impact theBitcoin price by buying or selling huge

While most coins are determined by the forces of demand and supply, I have seen a fee coins that their prices seem unexplainable. I wouldn't want to start mentioning some coins for some personal reasons. I saw one do a 500% in one day and in less than a week it was almost worthless.
I will appreciate if you mention the coin so we can follow it up. It's true that most crypto coins are manipulated by forces to make it grow in value or reduce. Even too coins like Bitcoin were manipulated at some point. Wesa token owned by weshareabundance is a good example of coin manipulated effectively. The value of the coin is presently at $300 from below $0.5 when it was launched in 2019.

The main reason that people get into cryptocurrencies because it is not regulated by single person or a single company and hence it is referred to as being decentralized. And while this is true and the only thing that are close to prices are the supply and demand of coin, the fact remains that cryptocurrency in my opinion, can be manipulated in terms of its value. The reason that I'm saying this is because they are whales in the market that own a lot of Bitcoin, and when they decide to make a movement of this Bitcoin then there are changes in the market value.

For example if whales sell a lot of the coin then the supply goes up and the value comes down. Do you share the feeling that I have that whales are able to manipulate the cryptocurrency markets?
A cryptocurrency is a bitcoin and any other coin. It cannot be manipulated in any way, but one thing to keep in mind is that you should know in advance what the cryptocurrency was. Don't lose out and you can get maximum profit in it. It is important to get knowledge before you ever lose.

I will appreciate if you mention the coin so we can follow it up. It's true that most crypto coins are manipulated by forces to make it grow in value or reduce. Even too coins like Bitcoin were manipulated at some point. Wesa token owned by weshareabundance is a good example of coin manipulated effectively. The value of the coin is presently at $300 from below $0.5 when it was launched in 2019.
Those Chinese Defi and Yefi coin. One of them got so pumped that it was more than double the price of a bitcoin at a point. Then they started creating similar coins from same project which flopped massively after being controlled at a point.

We can call it an open secret that the whales do easily move the market in any direction and that is done with their huge investments either in withdrawal that could pull down price or investing that could raise the price.

Well, if we explained things like how you just explained, it may seem the prices of crypto currency are manipulated. But that is just the basic force that determines the price of every crypto currency. If we take your view into consideration, it means the behavior of whales can make the value of a particular crypto valueless which I have not experienced before. Even though some crypto turn valualess, the problem is not always from only whales.

I don't think crypro currency price is manipulated. The price depends on demand and supply. When coins are in wide supply, price decreases and when there is short supply price increases. Thia ia what I believe.

A lot of things can affect the price of cryptocurrencies. But for one person to say he's going to be the one who solely manipulated the price of any cryptocurrency is not possible. It works like the law of demand and supply. Where there is scarcity, the price tend to go up and vice versa.

Those Chinese Defi and Yefi coin. One of them got so pumped that it was more than double the price of a bitcoin at a point. Then they started creating similar coins from same project which flopped massively after being controlled at a point.
It happens at times especially when the liquidity provided is not big enough to cater for the new projects that's why top coins excel these days. Manipulating a coin is very good for investors and holders as it increases their portfolio in a short period of time. It can go bad too when things tumble so it's a risky venture.

thumbnail.jpg

Pain In Your Joints Will Vanish Once And For...
Pain In Your Joints Will Vanish Once And For All​
secure.calch.gdn​

I quiet understand your concern, I have also thought about it a number of times, nevertheless, prices of many things are hard stable so also crypto currencies.

I have heard that owners of crypto currency project in time past lied about the volume of coins or token sold thereby increasing their popularity falsely hence the establishment of companies like coincap, coingecko, etc to analyze the true state of the market.

One thing that can influence the price of crypto currencies is News, hearing that a certain individual or company is interested in a particular crypto currency always jack the price of that Crypto Currency up.

The price of crytocurenccy can never be manipulated expect most of the crytocurenccy site these days are manipulating it to get the attention of subscriber and investors, but I have not seen any of those site that manipulate the price of crytocurenccy or head of any,but one has to be careful these days.

I think the term manipulation is not quite right on "Is the price of cryptocurrency manipulated" (because the term manipulation means changing the data source or there is fraud). The crypto price cannot be manipulated, so it is more appropriate in my opinion to use the term 'Influence', the role of whales, institutionals and big crypto holders, will greatly influence price changes because it will change the circulation of crypto supply.

I think the term manipulation is not quite right on "Is the price of cryptocurrency manipulated" (because the term manipulation means changing the data source or there is fraud). The crypto price cannot be manipulated, so it is more appropriate in my opinion to use the term 'Influence', the role of whales, institutionals and big crypto holders, will greatly influence price changes because it will change the circulation of crypto supply.
Only serious events can have a quick impact on the price of cryptocurrencies. Take for instance, when US election was on going, it affected both the price of US dollars in exchange and also cryptocurrencies. Also when Trump was gagged on all social media site, it affected the price of cryptocurrencies as well.

It happens at times especially when the liquidity provided is not big enough to cater for the new projects that's why top coins excel these days. Manipulating a coin is very good for investors and holders as it increases their portfolio in a short period of time. It can go bad too when things tumble so it's a risky venture.
I totally agree with you on this, it's the creators way of ripping the public. They know exactly when to enter the market, how much to buy and when to pull out from the market. I think it's a huge problem that needs to be addressed if crypto is to gain worldwide acceptance.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back