What's new

Is the price of cryptocurrency manipulated?

I can't say it's manipulated but rich/whale investors controls the market just like other things.. they are the game changers what happened to the price is all up to them. If they dump price will fall and if they decided to heavily invest it will rise. Being rich is awesome.

The main reason that people get into cryptocurrencies because it is not regulated by single person or a single company and hence it is referred to as being decentralized. And while this is true and the only thing that are close to prices are the supply and demand of coin, the fact remains that cryptocurrency in my opinion, can be manipulated in terms of its value. The reason that I'm saying this is because they are whales in the market that own a lot of Bitcoin, and when they decide to make a movement of this Bitcoin then there are changes in the market value.

For example if whales sell a lot of the coin then the supply goes up and the value comes down. Do you share the feeling that I have that whales are able to manipulate the cryptocurrency markets?
You are very right dear, I'm absolutely agree with you.
The big investors have active role in driving the price of cryptocurrencies.
As worth of cryptocurrency depends upon demand and supply, and if investors have massive amount, then they can easily change the pattern of demand and supply in market so effecting the value of cryptocurrencies.

The main reason that people get into cryptocurrencies because it is not regulated by single person or a single company and hence it is referred to as being decentralized. And while this is true and the only thing that are close to prices are the supply and demand of coin, the fact remains that cryptocurrency in my opinion, can be manipulated in terms of its value. The reason that I'm saying this is because they are whales in the market that own a lot of Bitcoin, and when they decide to make a movement of this Bitcoin then there are changes in the market value.

For example if whales sell a lot of the coin then the supply goes up and the value comes down. Do you share the feeling that I have that whales are able to manipulate the cryptocurrency markets?
Lol. Your question as much as it valid, it's really making me to laugh. The truth is, as far as cryptocurrency is concerned, there will always be whales just as you see it in the forex markets. There is nothing you can do about it.

I totally agree with you on this, it's the creators way of ripping the public. They know exactly when to enter the market, how much to buy and when to pull out from the market. I think it's a huge problem that needs to be addressed if crypto is to gain worldwide acceptance.
Yes though it's to the detriment of naive investors, it's a big advantage to members that joined and participated from the onset. It's like a typical hyip platform that benefits the owner and early birds. Only people that invests late seem to lose. Our world is becoming a jungle where people prey on each other.

Manipulate can not be on cryptocorrency because is not run by a One person or one company/organization. Cryptocorrency is the best investment that people are investing on and they are aquire knowledge before they invest on it in which to know when to buy and to sell it.

The moment i discovered that the last rise was due to the manipulation of whales just because they are about to sell a large portion of the coin, since then i'v develops the mindset that cryptic currency is not controlled by the market but by individual.

Personally, I don't think Crypto currencies can be manipulated by whales because whales do not flood the market at the same time but no doubt their presence in the market anytime reshape the price of bitcoin no matter how little which is peculiar to other commodities.

Manipulate can not be on cryptocorrency because is not run by a One person or one company/organization. Cryptocorrency is the best investment that people are investing on and they are aquire knowledge before they invest on it in which to know when to buy and to sell it.
Yes it is true that it is not run by a single person or a single organization, however it is also true that if someone is able to get a large portion of a coin they have a large degree of control over the market. For example, say you have 30% of the supply of a new coin, and so when the coin is trading you sell off your entire 30%. This can lead to a major price drop in the coin. On the flip side if you are purchasing more and more you are increasing the price. It is this sort of manipulation that I am referring to.

While it may seem like whales like to control the market in cryptocurrency trading, it seems that most of them hodl it as savings and investments.

Its rare to see a lot of whales moving really large sums of cryptocurrency to change the market price.

Mostly, they do it individually, so I don't think they control the market as much as people make it seem.

The price of cryptocurrencies is not being manipulated a anywhere but it's being regulated by the forces of demand and supply. This principle states that the higher the quantity demanded then the higher the price of the asset while the higher the supply of the asset, the lesser the price of the asset.

Your analysis of the Whales is key. While we know cryptocoins are decentralized and wholly controlled by market demand and supply.However, I have once nurse the fear of possible manipulation or danger to the price of crypto especially bitcoin due to the Whales having greater percentage in holding. It simply means they somehow control the rise and fall of the coins much more than if they were to be unevenly spread across the continent of investors.
Recently, the US announced that it wants to come up with rules that enable crypto companies to collect even more customer information.
Advisor on conformity and critic of the tougher laws. Individuals with crypto coins are unfairly made so unlikely in their wallets. This can have detrimental effects on the valuation if crypto coins are criminalized in this manner.

Every market can be manipulated. Even stocks. The cryptocurrency market is very complex and not just in exchangers the cryptocurrencies can have value. Its their protocols, updates, affiliates, political issues, marketing strategies just like company on stock market. Volatility is inevitable mostly on crypto tokens because they new, and many big whales are hopping in on this new technology. Market is upgrading from bartering to making of coins to cash less to cryptocurrencies. So dont worry.

Crypto can be pushed around easily by big whales," Griffin told Newsweek today. "It's not an efficient vehicle for ETFs [exchange-traded funds]." Tether is a cryptocurrency that claims to be stable, meaning that its values are not as susceptible to the instability seen in rival coins

You are very right dear, I'm absolutely agree with you.
The big investors have active role in driving the price of cryptocurrencies.
As worth of cryptocurrency depends upon demand and supply, and if investors have massive amount, then they can easily change the pattern of demand and supply in market so effecting the value of cryptocurrencies.
yes i agree with you and its 100 manipulated because they are taking up those coins which were not in the top 10 and they were not worthy and now they in top ten because investor investing there to make money and later they will take out all

I share the feeling of what you are saying... Most cryptocurrency coin has there own whales, and I believe whales in crypto are those people that once a large quantity of a particular coin, that if they dump the price of the coin will fall... Crypto price is also driven by demand.

Essentially, these manipulative traders leverage their positions across a number of exchanges and a number of trading products: “it seems that the Bitcoin price is manipulated by sophisticated traders who use several exchanges (regulated and unregulated) in parallel to impact the Bitcoin price by buying or selling huge

I share the feeling of what you are saying... Most cryptocurrency coin has there own whales, and I believe whales in crypto are those people that once a large quantity of a particular coin, that if they dump the price of the coin will fall... Crypto price is also driven by demand.
Yes cryptocurrency especially Bitcoin have quite a huge demand but the Whales seem to have the largest hold.What this means is a single sell action from them will significantly affect the price more than if holding is widely scattered with no single ethnic /group or group holding a controlling share .
Post automatically merged:

Crypto can be pushed around easily by big whales," Griffin told Newsweek today. "It's not an efficient vehicle for ETFs [exchange-traded funds]." Tether is a cryptocurrency that claims to be stable, meaning that its values are not as susceptible to the instability seen in rival coins
Very true, making a crypto with high volatility like Bitcoin a forex reserve will be a nut call for any constituted authority .Except the hold can be diluted or a uniform arrangement that can strengthen it's stability is arrived at.

It is possible like what you just said it is based on the supply and demand of coin thru this even the investor want to more or save more by manipulating market in cryptocurrency they will be alarm if they go bankrupt or success.

While most coins are determined by the forces of demand and supply, I have seen a fee coins that their prices seem unexplainable. I wouldn't want to start mentioning some coins for some personal reasons. I saw one do a 500% in one day and in less than a week it was almost worthless.
As reported by Bloomberg, the paper suggested that Bitcoin prices can be manipulated by Tether coins being created without adequate reserves of U.S. dollars. In theory, the new Tether coins are then used to buy Bitcoin—which results in the overall Bitcoin value increasing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back