What's new

Is lack of FOCUS the reason most Startup fail?

Your observations are valid, if you are not focused on your set goals as a business you might not get the expected results, or the desire result, focus on your business, focus on your mission, focus and do the needed things to be done

Lack of focus on the part of an entrepreneur can indeed make a startup fail also there are other reasons too. Lack of funds, underperforming workforce, unfavorable government policies and so many others

Lack of focus is not the only thing that leads to the failure of startups. Even a lack of proper structuring and planning can lead to the failure of businesses.

A lack of focus can be classified as one of the main reasons of startup failure. However, it is not the only reason. A lack of proper strategy is also one of the main reasons why a startup might not be thgat much successful. A proper strategy along with proper focus is the key to success in any business.

Lack of focus is definitely a problem for my new business. If you don't know where you are going, the goals you want to achieve, or how exactly to do it, one is setting up that business for failure. Some people also try do more than one business t a time as newbies, it doesn't work.

Lack of focus is definitely a problem for my new business. If you don't know where you are going, the goals you want to achieve, or how exactly to do it, one is setting up that business for failure. Some people also try do more than one business t a time as newbies, it doesn't work.

I think a a lack of focus leads to mismanagement of business. You need to pay attention to your employees and evaluate their performance fairly. You are right about newbies. Newbies often make mistakes when it comes to focus and paying attention when it comes to conducting business.

Some persons jump from business to another simultaneously. I have lived with someone who jump from affiliate marketing to web design to working on red bubble to selling on amazon without really building a strong reputation for himself on anyone of this.
Just like I have earlier stated. Some persons easily switch from one business to another at the same time. Sometime it's better to become a don 😉 in one than jack of all trade in all. This will give you more respect in the market

Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

What other things could lead to early closure of Newly established businesses?
Early closure of many promising businesses can be attributed most times to lack of focus at the start of the business and expecting too much from the business than the business can offer at an early stage. Customers accumulation is another major issue coupled with customer management.

Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

Lack of focus is one of the factor in which start up failed sometimes, if you dont have focused on what you wanted to start a business on, it will fail and if theres no start up capital for the business , its possible for the business to fail.

Early closure of many promising businesses can be attributed most times to lack of focus at the start of the business and expecting too much from the business than the business can offer at an early stage. Customers accumulation is another major issue coupled with customer management.
what a nice contribution @Oluwasube. Thanks for highlighting other key factors that could determine the potential startups in the long run. Customer management is essential for all startups. Although, most young entrepreneurs knows the importance but little or no attention is given to it at an early stage of the business.

Lack of focus and as well inadequate competency required for the particular startups are one of the major reasons most entrepreneurs fail in their startups. It is pertinent to note that being focus in a business can make up for a lot of inadequacies in the startup.

I don't think that lack of focus is the main reasons why businesses fails, although it is among one of the reasons why businesses fails. The main reasons why most businesses fails is that most business starters these days don't have the prerequisite knowledge of that business that they want to start.

Lack of focus is some how the reason why most startup or business that just start transaction or recording in the sense that the business must be able to focus and ensure that it is making profit but if the business don't notice any thing like that ,then that means that the business lack focus and therefore cannot meet both ends.

Lack of focus in business means that the business is not following the laid down rules and the business is growing at a rate at which it cannot meet both ends in doing all the business liability and carrying out some certain problems in the business.

When ones drive centres to making money alone and not having passion for the business, leads to failure. We should drive passion for what we are about starting before venturing into it. And not driven by the money we evaluate to get when finally started.

It certainly can be a cause for a startup to fail, but it's not always what does it. Oftentimes it's because people make a mistake in the investment and don't realize what they have done. Sometimes it's just running out of budget to pay your employees. I've seen startups with a great set of employees, and it still sometimes fails. Sometimes the idea and product don't work.

Startups are tough to do, because they often need startup capital and investors to keep it alive until it starts to make a profit. That's easier said than done.

Well for many business lack of focus by the owner makes it fall, but many business fall by lack of financial capability, or the product or services is not yielding profit or not selling at all.
For a startup to be successful, the owner needs to be focused, concentrated and be steady.

Distraction can be a very big set back when starting a business. Just like new born baby. For the first 3 to 4 months the mother doesn't go anywhere just concentrates on the baby and the baby's need

There is no doubt that lack of focus could make any type or class of business to fail, either large scale or middle scale, the truth is that lack of focus has ended the life of somany businesses mostly start up businesses. Because they tend to lavish their capital on frivolity or misplaced priority.

Well for many business lack of focus by the owner makes it fall, but many business fall by lack of financial capability, or the product or services is not yielding profit or not selling at all.
For a startup to be successful, the owner needs to be focused, concentrated and be steady.
That's right, apart from the lack of focus there is also the financial capacity. Many people start a business and do not have enough capital, which leads to deficits and therefore to imminent failure. To avoid such a situation, you must have financial capacity and full knowledge of what you are starting.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back