What's new

Is lack of FOCUS the reason most Startup fail?

Lack of focus is not the reason why most startup fails because I'm very sure most startups are backed by entrepreneurs who are hell bent on succeeding.
There are other factors that affect the growth of a startup. Factors such as lack of capital, economic recession in the country and lack of business acumen on the part of the entrepreneur.

There are many good ideas out there in the world, but 9% of startup post-mortem founders found that a lack of passion for a domain and a lack of knowledge of a domain were key reasons for failure no matter how good an idea is.

In NewsTilt’s post-mortem, the team candidly spoke about their lack of interest in the domain they selected:

I think the biggest issue with how successful business a firm is lies on accountability. A firm has to be accountable on how it spends resources and how they are channeled. I feel this is more important than having focus, I am in no way saying focus is not important though. In fact the more focused an entrepreneur is the likelihood that it would be successful.

You are right. And most business owners that just start always focus on many aspects beyond their capacities. They have bit fully managed one and yet they will planning of dabbling into other streams making them losing focus.

Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

What other things could lead to early closure of Newly established businesses?
Focus is very important in every business and you do lake house n business it is very bad also it can give you a big failure in life and make life hard we know our self what we are doing in business and don't lake our focus.

I don't think that lack of focus is the main reasons why businesses fails, although it is among one of the reasons why businesses fails. The main reasons why most businesses fails is that most business starters these days don't have the prerequisite knowledge of that business that they want to start. This often times lead to the business owners not knowing how to make their business successful.
Many startups offered multiple reasons for their failure,cites a lack of focus,due to lack of focused startup business is more likely to struggle for survival,lose market and investor attention,and miss out on the opportunity to capitalize on their scope,time to market is tied to the size of your offering.

Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

There are many reasons out there why a lot of businesses fail and lack of focus as you have said it is one of the main reasons for the failure. but lack of focus is not the only reason, there are many other reasons for business failures out there

We need to be focus in order to have excel on ur business. A detail plan of action must be spell out first the u will now follow it to the letter. A decisive step must be taken as a means of stabilize the business structure so that at the end if the day improvement will come up someone business. A proper plan is what needed to be excel in business. We must follow it one by one so that profit will be in so many fold.

There are many things that can lead to the closure of new businesses. One of them being that of poor planning at the beginning of the business. Without proper planning, the business will not run well. So one needs to really make a good plan before venturing into business.

I mean there a lot of other factors that can affect the growth of a startup business that might eventually lead to closure and I don't think focus should be one of them. I would say lack of proper economic research inadequate, capital to run the business and a lot of other stuff but not focus.

And so after sifting through the post-mortems, we identified the top 20 reasons startups failed.

Since many startups offered multiple reasons for their failure, you’ll see the chart highlighting the top 20 reasons doesn’t add up to 100% (it far exceeds it).

Following the chart is an explanation of each reason and relevant examples from the postmortems

Most start up business fail not because they don't focus on the goal but because of other factors which in the long run categorized as lack of focus. It is expected that a start up business pay much attention to branding, networking, good customer service, budgets, expenditure as well as good organization.

Lack of management in which the manage funds properly,and lack of professional workers that could give their best in the organization to deliver the good products people are waiting for out in that good condition they are expecting it. So the more customers start their complain the more they start losing it in the heart of customers and like the saying customers are the keys to successful business without that the business will lead to early closeness ina short while..

Focus is not the only thing that cause business failure, so many other factors contribute to it like lack of proper understanding of the business and not enough start up capital and some other factors.

Lack of miss management team.. Weak management teams make mistakes in multiple areas: They are often weak on strategy, building a product that no-one wants to buy as they failed to do enough work to validate the ideas before and during.

Most people that starts business at first shows level of commitment, as time prevails and they can't meet their set target they begin to loose focus. And when there is no focus you might likely loose essence for the investment.
Post automatically merged:

Most people that starts business at first shows level of commitment, as time prevails and they can't meet their set target they begin to loose focus. And when there is no focus you might likely loose essence for the investment.

There used to be a man who lives here where I stay who owns a mattress selling business across the road but the man was a terrible drunkard and had a very big issue trying to concentrate on the business. In business we should not loose focus on what the original goal is in the first place in order not to loose valuable money and valuable customers.

There are many reasons why a business could fail surely. Lack of focus is just one out a long list of reasons businesses can actually fail. Others come in too but then I think focus can really help a business stand.

But startup failures are far more common. CB Insights found that 70% of upstart tech companies fail. And consumer hardware startups fail even more frequently, with 97% ultimately dying or becoming “zombies.” The CB Insight analysts wanted to understand why so many startups fail, so they dug into the “post-mortems” written by founders, investors, and journalists of nearly 300 startup failures.

I don't think lack of force is reason why most startups fail I believe the reason most start-up feel is lack of idea and sometimes you need to give in your best to your business or investment so as to get a good outcome. Why some business need good capital.

Newest Directory Listings

Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back