What's new

Is it Bad to trust your colleagues when doing businesses together?

Trust is a very important thing in business relations. It’s a hard price to give. It’s not advisable to engage in business with people you don’t trust. I’ve worked with a lot of people and the journey has been tough. Some are loyal while some betrayed. It’s a normal thing

You can't basically trust someone you are doing business with a 100% , be it a friend colleague or family members. It's not advisable at all to do such, you always have to guide yourself when it comes to business dealings in order for you not getting disappointed at the end.

Not necessarily bad, but due to people experiences it's good to be watchful and cautions of who you are going into business with be it a friend or family member, cause money is very powerful and invest it's starts coming in people start having bad thought especially the greedy ones. So keep it at the back of your mind to always be watchful and careful of who you partnering with.

menu_book
April 24, 2018 7 min read
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Bureaucracy exists were trust doesn’t. Excessive process and micromanaging exist because people don’t trust each other to do what’s right and what’s needed. In a digital era where social tools make you more visible and accessible, you make personal and business decisions based on trust daily.
The 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer, often identified as the benchmark of trust measurement, recently identified that there has been a “loss of trust: the willingness to believe information, even from those closest to us.”

Trust is difficult to establish, hard to maintain and easy to break. In business, trust is one of the most valuable and complex of all your assets. It solidifies your relationships with all people and leads an organization to thrive. As Richard Branson often says, "Learn to look out for your staff first, and the rest will follow."
Let me share principles that determine trust.

1. How people handle failure.​

2. Accumulate trust deposits.​

3. Work together to solve pain points.​

4. Small actions over time.​

5. Sharing stories.​

I think you should have known the personality of your partner before deciding to engage in a partnership business with the person.but I still believe you can trust them to certain extent. Yiu should bear in mind that your previous relationship between the both of you matters to the business. If you have been acquainted with this colleague of yours, I see no reason why should not trust them. And mind you even when trusting, do it at a surface level and not completely to avoid you been devastated when they disappoint you.

well going into a business with a friend is not advisable and also sometimes inevitable you just have to trust them, since the question is talking about two friends who are already in a business together the I will say your only trust is to give them. the amount of trust you will give a business partner and not e trust you will give a friend, since you are in a business together, it friendship aside, you are business partners now, and as we know everybody goes in to a business to make profit, be sure they will do anything to make the profit, you just have to be careful.

When it come to business it's advisable to be very careful when it involves trust issues. trust your colleagues in business may put your business in high Risk because people are not reliable when to business. So I will advise to be very careful with who deal with in business. Do not trust in business.

I have had some bad experiences regarding trusting people as I have been betrayed countless numbers of time most especially regarding business partners and money issues, so as for me it is impossible to trust a colleague or business partners due to my bad past experiences.

Hmm.. well it depends on the character and integrity of such colleague. If it's a person with good character and integrity then,it is not a bad idea to trust such colleague. It's alright as long as you know him/her closely.

Like someone said it's a bad idea to even trust anybody especially in business.... When you are into business with someone there must be a drawn out rule and regulations to follow the business... You don't just have to allow anything to go by... All money, material, expenses but must properly accounted for.

It's not bad to trust your colleagues, but the bad ones has made things dangerous as some of them always do everything within their capacity to take the control of the business. Although, if it's a legal agreement, I will appreciate that a bit more. But, that will not change anything in their personal believe on taking charge.

@Lagazine congrats on your new achievement but i think to safe one head from unnecessary stress it is good to always safe to have official and legal documents to bind agreement between parties before starting out a project. By doing this, I have been able to overcome some unnecessary stress and loss due to such partners actions.

No first principal in Bussiness is trust together but some people not a deserve to its trust him some time you lost in Bussiness so you and your colleagues in tention about the lost so anger both each other yours relation is disttube each other and don't trust each other

I think that trust is important among business partners, but you can't really trust people out of nowhere. So you should get into business with trustworthy people. One way to make sure this happens is by prioritizing professionalism and discouraging pleasure. So don't get to business with someone just because you are friends or family. You should prioritize their skills and ability to run the business with integrity.

Its good to be cautious of your colleagues and it's best to be a standalone business person, if you have trust issues please don't go into a business with someone else because your mind won't be at rest, but if you can look beyond that then make sure you know the background of who you are trying to partner with. I understand people can't be trusted when it comes to money but not everyone has a bad motive.

trusting isn't an issue at all, in fact, it makes you atleast improve the working environment and feel more comfortable and less stressed, but over trusting is the main issue as you can't expect when people will change their minds

Concerning If it is bad to trust a friend when doing business together.Well, I believe the level of trust in business should be on 0 or 1, business has nothing to do with trust because it will do you more harm than good. It is a business so there must be a form of legal agreement boding you too to do business and once the agreement is violated the culprit faces the penalty

There are ways you show people you trust them but then, you really don't deep down. You have to make certain believe you trust them so they can commit and be honest with you. When people discover that you have their full trust, they then begin to knowingly and unknowingly disappoint you. It begins with little disagreements into bigger conflicts which can certainly pose threats at the business or completely end it.

Trust is something that is very hard to come by but in business you just have to trust a little because without an atom of trust in you it will be hard to start doing business with anyone in the first place. Some people can be so deceptive but that’s how life is we trust and we learn.

Depending on the type of person he/she is you could decide to trust him or not. But really when it comes to business you have to look out for people who are trustworthy and honest to run your business with you. Because all business should be based on good terms and productive relationship with each other.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back