What's new

Is it Bad to trust your colleagues when doing businesses together?

I prefer not to do business with family and friends, except if they've been trusted to do their own business successfully.

Most times, it's because people do not know the value of hardwork and money gotten through it. That's why they cheat.
M
I wouldn't like to employ a relative in my company, even if qualified for the vacant post. I would rather recommend her to an associate. Most times I tried doing business with a relative but it always end with regret.

Personally, I had bad experience Trusting my so called "Colleagues" too much when doing businesses together. It really leaves me devastated and sometimes wonder about what I have done wrong to deserve treatment like cheat, supplying sub standard goods below order specification, and stealing my business ideas.
What experience do you have Trusting colleagues when doing business together?
I think first of all don't choose partnership in your business. Start a Small business but by your own. It is not wise to say then your colleagues cheated you. Here comes a question that why you started business with them? No one cheats us without any reason. But it happens also in sometimes but I would suggest that don't choose partnership from the first day so that you don't say or think bad about your colleagues.

Bureaucracy exists were trust doesn’t. Excessive process and micromanaging exist because people don’t trust each other to do what’s right and what’s needed. In a digital era where social tools make you more visible and accessible, you make personal and business decisions based on trust daily. Trust is difficult to establish, hard to maintain and easy to break. In business, trust is one of the most valuable and complex of all your assets. It solidifies your relationships with all people and leads an organization to thrive. As Richard Branson often says, "Learn to look out for your staff first, and the rest will follow."

No, actually trust was needed in a partnership business. If you don't trust your colleagues why do you even do business with them? But ofcourse don't put all your trust on them and have some security aswell.... Don't ever do business with someone you don't trust

Personally, I had bad experience Trusting my so called "Colleagues" too much when doing businesses together. It really leaves me devastated and sometimes wonder about what I have done wrong to deserve treatment like cheat, supplying sub standard goods below order specification, and stealing my business ideas.
As long as it's a business trust, I don't have any problems with it because I won't be able to do any kind of business with anyone whom I can't trust since it involves money transactions. How can I give my money to someone not trustworthy? That would be like throwing my money into the bin basket.

Its normal to doubt all the people even your family because everyone can really betrayed you behind your back but if thats no t happen yet you must trust them as you like because soon as the time passed by you will clearly see how type of people they are.

@Me0w I would trust them, but I will take my time to check mate them. I will ensure all project given to all staff members are well executed and is of company's standard. I wouldn't be partial when selecting teams.

oh that's the mistake trusting then to much. You shouldn't have trust them to much I don't trust myself not to talk of trusting people. That doesn't mean you won't delegate some work for them to do, but when it comes to knowing the secret of the company you have to be extra careful

I haven't had a partnership with a friend or colleague in business, but in this life I prefer to work with neutral people than my friends or family so that when the disappointment comes I will not be terribly hurt, that being said I have heard some people have had of successful working relationship with their friends.

No, every person is not the same. But you need to make sure that they are trust worthy and you also should always have to keep in mind that people tend to change especially when there's money involved. Also try to do business in a professional manner.

I think when it comes to business peopleshould learn to put trust asides and work within the confines of a lega agreement. I know this doesn't work in all cases , if you are working with someone you trust I think it is important to always check the products and transactions as if it were a stranger.

In the world today, trust nobody even if it is your friends or family member,alot of people have fail in different type of thing they want to do because of the trust they have for people they want to do business with,Even some people didn't trust their parents not to talk of friends or business partner,Some are after your money when they get it they leave you when you didn't have the money again
Post automatically merged:

In the world today, trust nobody even if it is your friends or family member,alot of people have fail in different type of thing they want to do because of the trust they have for people they want to do business with,Even some people didn't trust their parents not to talk of friends or business partner,Some are after your money when they get it they leave you when you didn't have the money again,Do business with people after the success of the business

Trusting in business which obviously involves money is a way more devastated than in life. We often trust our colleagues in business but in contradiction they don't trust us. That's very unfair, soo for you to protect your dignity and feelings you should trust no one specially in business.

There is nothing bad in trusting you colleague in business but the world has turned out to be something else in which you can hardly trust your sibling. My advice is if you're in business with your friend trust him/her bust be very carefully. While you're sleeping don't keep your two eye closed because you may end up become a victims of betrayal. Every human being no !matter how good or pious is bound to fail and disappoint at some point in time, so don't be surprised if you witness one.

Trust is a big word when it comes to money. It is difficult to trust when it involves huge money. Money is an instrument of devil. It can turn Father against son. It can turn friends to foe. I don't trust friends in business

Lack of trust has a lot of disadvantage in a business system and you always try as much as possible to engage yourself with people you really trust when you are doing business together because if you don't trust someone you may not be confident enough to let the person habdle a particular tax in an organization.

Trusting a business colleague is not a bad thing, a business without trust, it might reduce the effectiveness and productivity of a company, but some abuse the trust and take it for granted.

Last edited:
Trust is a very important foundation to any association, for you to run a business with people you have to trust them, if for one reason or the other you don't trust them, then there is no reason being in partnership with such person.

Not at all, i would say, but over trust should be dangerous. Because excess of everything is bad. It is not your fault to trust on them it's their fault who were fake and showed you their real nature and character. Now should to be pro active by them, because no one is sincere to you than yourself.

Trusting a colleague in business is not bad, but some colleagues take this for granted. So the trust has to be maintained because it can be competitive. Trust make other employees and to feel unappreciated

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back