What's new

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Yea God truly loves the world and has shown that severaly but I believe this is not a religious setting and your post is not related to the topic we are discussing. Kindly check the topic next time before you post 😒

Yes of course , it is good to hire our own family member in our business.But you are aldo right our family member can also hurt us but seldom it comes true. Anyway we can hire our brother or cousin also it is appropriate decision.

I don't believe it will cause any problems for you.i am planning to set up s family business doon.this will help to create stronger bond between the family and at the same time create employment for the family member.it is in Nigeria I see people running away from this practice but in develop countries these kind of business exist alot.

There are some family members that are good and will dedicate and work for the success of your business, but most family members misbehave when it comes to working in there brother or sister business.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
Of course theres
Yes you can just let the person have a feeling of belonging to the stake holder and make sure you give such fellows role to play to depict that by doing so the fellow will work effectively and don't pay the person less than what is obtainable for the specific role.
As for me it's not proper to employing your family members into your business because have had the experience before and moreover don't ever try such with ur family because they will be the one to see the end of you business and they will handle the business as family business and believe the list that will happen is settlement
Of course there is nothing bad in employing your family members that is if you see how serious and sincere such person is.

The golden rule in every business or organisation is, do not ever employ someone you cannot correct, query or most importantly sack. be it a family member, a friend or an acquaintance. but make sure that person is reprimandable, you can sack the person and the person takes correction.

Family is very important in one's life, friends or outsiders might possibly fuck you up at some point but families will still stand by you, so employing a family into one's business is okay sofar both looks forward to achieving same goal

As a business owner, I know both sides of this. I’ve hired several family members at my businesses. I’ve learned that hiring a relative can be a good experience, but you need to understand what might go wrong and how to prevent negativity

It is good to help your family members to get job to take care of their bills but one must be very careful not to employ the wrong person. Before you employ your family make sure that he or she is a trustworthy person that you had good dealings with in the past, so as to boost the level of trust you have for him.

it's always difficult to take a right decision when you employ a family member in your company you won't be able to take a good decision at the right time. As they always say don't employ who you can't fire
But if it's someone you can control then you can go ahead

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
It's not a bad idea to employ a family member in your business. Make sure You pay their wages or salary at an appropriate time. Also depending on the level of trust you have for such family member, you choose which department to employ such individual

Not treating family members differently. ...
Keeping personal matters personal and business matters business. ...
Not allowing for nepotism. ...
Shop Quill.com. ...
Leaving familiarity at the door. ...
Clearly defining job duties and responsibilities.

In the event that it is your own business, at that point indeed, you can give them a task. Be that as it may, don't play top picks dependent on blood. I work for family, and I was employed dependent on my capacity in the work, not on the grounds that I was family. Indeed, they asked me since they realized I could do it, and in light of the fact that the individual who held the situation before me needed to leave rapidly. It wasn't arranged. It was contributing, at that point remaining on the grounds that I enjoyed the work and work effectively as a decent representative.

Employing an of your family member has both its advantages and disadvantages, which side you are going to get depends solely on both you and the family member involved.The advantage is that you are relaxed that he or she is someone you can trust and easily locate if anything goes wrong. The disadvantages is pretty much the same reason and just that it's a family member and you cant actuallyfmake a scene.
I personally would love to employ any of my family members to work with me in my business,

There is no bad thing in employing a family member or relative into your business, but make sure you trust them, and if you don't trust them you can just put them in a position where they won't be effective in the company so the company won't be affected by there atrocities.

Sometimes there
It is legal to hire family member but you should be aware of the special tax requirements for this situation. The benefits of working with family include more trust and a sense of dedication to a shared goal, while the downsides are potential damage to the relationship and abuse of power
Sometimes it maybe counter productive because laxity may set. Its a two way street because it could turn out to be a baby hire and it could also turn out to be a good one. But i most prefer to have someone that i won't be emotionally blackmailed or troubled when i have to make those tough decisions.

If they are qualified to do that certain job you are looking for, then why not, but if you think they aren't, then just give someone else the opportunity and the chance to prove himself, also hiring that much of family members will ruin the professional look of the business

one of the things you have to pay more attention to in your business is the recruitment process. You don't have to recruit based on sentiment. If you must recruit your friends and families it must be based on merit. You don't make the mistake of recruiting any incompetence of person.

There is nothing bad in employing one's family in one's business but you employ base on workers to boss and not family base. And you don't treat them with glove hands. You discipline them the way you can discipline other workers.

It is not proper to employ family member in your business, even if they are qualified, they might end up mismanaging your business. Also they might not follow the rules and regulations set by you just because you are related.

family members given inappropriate responsibilities or seniority; relatives being compensated well above their job title; non-family employees becoming demoralized when they realize that their career prospects are limited.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back