What's new

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with employing family members or relatives into your business as long as they can perform and delivery just want you want. You'll have to let the person know that he should take the business seriously and not to attach any form of sentiment or nepotism in his cause of duty.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
I think family members is good as job in business because they can handle more work and satisfaction is necessary for a job hold and business so it is good if anyone wants to job in on business and get more responsibility.

Ensure they are qualified for the job. Many small business owners fall into the trap of hiring a family member just because they are family, not because they're the best person for the job. Though it may seem like the right thing to do in the moment, this can hurt your business in the long run.

I don't think that there is anything actually wrong employing a family member. The only clause is that it should be one who is serious minded and understands business. For me if you even get that then it is better than employing someone you don't know.

Is not good to employ ur family to be part of you in your business they will riun you and there is nothing u can do because u will not have confidence of arresting them for prosecution because family will rise up to talk to you to temper justice with mercy. I have fonevit and I regret because they key down by using my money for their pleasure.

Yes you can absorb your family members into your business. They just have to follow the rules and work very hard like every other staff but if you find out that they are not contributing to the growth of the business, you have to do something about it without wasting time so that it doesn't affect the business.

Although you are right, but i strongly support employing a member from your family members, because there is this saying which saya " when God want to make a family rich, he raises just one person from the family, make him /rich, and by so doing everybody in the family become rich.

From my personal experience, employing family members into your business is not a welcome idea because they always don't take business seriously just because you are there brother and secondly you can't talk or discipline them the way you do to others etc..

You might be tempted to give a job to an unqualified family member. If a relativeis hard up for work and you have an opening, you might give them the job. But, your relative might not be the best person for the job. Your relative might be unsuccessful at the job—ultimately hindering your business.

In a word: yes. Just to be clear, there are no laws against nepotism (aka, hiring family members and friends) in a privately owned business. We're not talking about governmental positions or other offices of public trust here; hiring family members can be both legally protected and ethically unassailable.

According to me employing your family member in your business it is not a good idea, because most times family member run down your business because they don't take instructions and tend to neglect some business ethics and principles of organisation because you have families.

employing competent family members is one thing and employing unmotivated family members is another thing. It's not a big deal employing one, you just have to make it clear to him or her that they are here to work and not sit around and earn money for nothing

Employing your family into business is just the same as employing others, you will definitely pay their salary or wages, you will definitely determine the task for the day, you will definitely imply discipline on everyone, you will definitely encourage them towards working perfectly, they are Liable to punishment or sanction when they go contrary to the law of the business, they will together seek the aim with you as long as they accept to work in your organization.

You may be tempted to hire an ineligible family member. If a relative is working hard and you have an opening, you can hire them. But, maybe your relative is interested in this job. Don't be the best person. Your relative may have lost a job - eventually your business is disrupted.

I personally don't like the idea, there are 2 sayings, 1. Familiarity breeds contempt and the second one says don't mix business with pleasure. When you have issues with a family relation at work it affects other members of the family.

there is no harm in bringing your family members into your business just that it depends on you and you know them best;if it's the fact that they are efficient and hardworking and won't be making your business difficult for you there is no harm in employing them but it may be dangerous sometimes

This is an interesting issue to talk about. I have come to believe when it comes to business what comes first or the priority of the business is the profit, and the efficiency of those employees, it is often difficult to make decisions against a family member when they are not carrying out there set given task which can hinder growth.
So it’s a no for me

It is legal to hire family member but you should be aware of the special tax requirements for this situation. The benefits of working with family include more trust and a sense of dedication to a shared goal, while the downsides are potential damage to the relationship and abuse of power

To maintain a healthy work place I'll prefer to hire unknown persons when am starting off in small way when the business expands I'll definitely bring in qualified family members who can work under supervisors and have an authority they report to. This way some excesses can be curtailed.

The basis of all buisness is to make profit.So if a family member shares the vision of the pioneer of the business or firm,why can't you let him in.
But before doing that you have to look for some criteria to enable you know if he can fit into the business.You look at his commitment level to the business,and his life style when it comes to managwment of finance.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back