What's new

Is a university degree and automatic tickets for securing a job?

I don't really think so and it also depends on the government of your country. If there is a higher level of unemployment in the country then a university degree may not be a guarantee of getting employment after graduation. But if there is higher level of unemployment in your country then it is possible that such may happen. Most times over here it is advisable to study what you can engage into without looking depending on the government.

I have about six friends who are all University graduates with good grades that are commercial bus and tricycles riders in my state. Did their certificate determine anything in their lives, the answer is no.

Companies are now looking at what you can offer them rather than the qualification you possess. companies have come to realise that some people out there can't even the defend the qualification they are earned.

I don't think university degree is an automatic ticket to securing a job as we have seen some graduates come out from school and not become what they studied. Gone are those days. That is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know if this is the same in other countries but in my country university degree is getting more useless and useless everyday. We graduate and post-graduate Hawking things on the streets. I sometimes wonder what plans government offices have for these people what I didn't realise that they also have a very important role to play. What are your thoughts ? is a university degree still worth it?
Education in my country now is just a formality most people only observe should there be a need for it in the future. Other than that, most graduates are jobless and are in self employed business.

A university degree is not an automatic ticket to getting employment.
However having a degree in addition to a professional certification will enhance the chance of getting employment opportunities easily.

I don't know if this is the same in other countries but in my country university degree is getting more useless and useless everyday. We graduate and post-graduate Hawking things on the streets. I sometimes wonder what plans government offices have for these people what I didn't realise that they also have a very important role to play. What are your thoughts ? is a university degree still worth it?
I don't know where you come from but I have never heard anyone say university degree are becoming useless. Making money is not the only thing to do in life. There are other better things as well, and education is one of them

No! A University degree isn't an automatic ticket to getting a job. There are so many unemployed graduates in my Country and the government is doing nothing to salvage the situation.
Yea. The university degree is no automatic ticket to getting a job.
That's why we have a lot of university graduates on the streets unemployed. Some have taken up skills to aid their earnings.

Of course, reading a lot of books does not guarantee financial independence. You must take risky trading steps. You should know what you want and strive to figure out who you are. Once you've got all of things in place, the sky's the limit. However, we must not overlook the importance of education in one's life.

I don't really think so and it also depends on the government of your country. If there is a higher level of unemployment in the country then a university degree may not be a guarantee of getting employment after graduation. But if there is higher level of unemployment in your country then it is possible that such may happen. Most times over here it is advisable to study what you can engage into without looking depending on the government.
There are so many unemployed graduates in the country now due to the lack of jobs. So having a skill is much more important because you can become self-employed if there are no jobs around.

Well it is not and like in my country jobs opportunities are actually very hard to get and also it is very hard to find and so one must have an additional business to make it in life

University degree doesn't determine the level of job securing .Nowadays people are looking for jobs with different certificates on their hand, because many companies have fold up.

There are so many unemployed graduates in the country now due to the lack of jobs. So having a skill is much more important because you can become self-employed if there are no jobs around.
They don't have a job ? What did they study . some people are somehow very funny that they don't study any courses that will be lucrative in the country they are living in.. how can someone go and study zoology or forestry and expect to get employment here.

They don't have a job ? What did they study . some people are somehow very funny that they don't study any courses that will be lucrative in the country they are living in.. how can someone go and study zoology or forestry and expect to get employment here.
Well, those are still good courses and I believe in much developed countries and climes, there are jobs for graduates of these courses to work in Agricultural establishments.

In my country, it is not a capital no. There are some many jobless graduate. Many of them although willing to work but unable to secure a job. Securing a job in my country is based on the connection and not really on your certificate.

Of course not. If yes, how would I explain the number of unemployed grads in my country and I have also joined the waiting list. They are teaching us to use the knowledge to become employed and use it to set up ourselves

Since the current position of jobs are quite worse, a university degree is not helping many people in my country. Favoritism is one of the main reasons why candidates get "selected" when it comes to selecting candidates, unfortunately. :(

I think Yes' because university degree is a step to take somewhere good position but the system of our country depends on the values of education how we value it...because degree is the stamp for personality how to work nd achieve target
Post automatically merged:

Of course not. If yes, how would I explain the number of unemployed grads in my country and I have also joined the waiting list. They are teaching us to use the knowledge to become employed and use it to set up ourselves
But it depends on our system and our government authority educational degree is the not only a certificate but it shows how we work if appointed somewhere

Well, those are still good courses and I believe in much developed countries and climes, there are jobs for graduates of these courses to work in Agricultural establishments.
Yes you are saying in the developed countries, but here that is not developed and there is no need for forestry why will people choose to go and study something like that when they purposely know that after graduation they won't have any opportunity to get employment ?

Nowadays that's not the case especially in Nigeria now where the rate of unemployment is very high and lots of people keep graduating too so there is not certainty with that anymore

This is definitely the case in my country as well. There are so many institutes offering tons of degrees, but I really do not know where these students go after they get those degrees. There is no job in the job market at all in my country.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back