What's new

Is a university degree and automatic tickets for securing a job?

University is a very good place to be,it exposes one to alot of things ,and enlighten or broden one's knowledge,but doesn't guarantee work

I don't know if this is the same in other countries but in my country university degree is getting more useless and useless everyday. We graduate and post-graduate Hawking things on the streets. I sometimes wonder what plans government offices have for these people what I didn't realise that they also have a very important role to play. What are your thoughts ? is a university degree still worth it?
Yes.
A university degree is worth it. Even though some countries have outrightly undermined those with University degrees, I tell you, it sure worths it.
I know of some who would have been employed in a place where the pay is big and attractive but was denied of that opportunity, the person is skilled in that field but since he had no degree, he couldn't get it.

Getting a degree from the University doesn't guarantee you of securing a job..lots of graduate are outside with no jobs hence there do menial jobs to put food on their table

Getting a degree is good but it's won't guarantee you getting a job especially in the country where I come from, it's to get a degree to learn but it is automatically job securing you have work hard on that aspect to get it

I don't know if this is the same in other countries but in my country university degree is getting more useless and useless everyday. We graduate and post-graduate Hawking things on the streets. I sometimes wonder what plans government offices have for these people what I didn't realise that they also have a very important role to play. What are your thoughts ? is a university degree still worth it?
Not at all. It is not an automatic ticket to get a job, if not by now there would be no graduate roaming the street with files
A university degree is just an added advantage.
Even if you were to be granted a job offer through connection, you would still have to present your certifications.

No! A University degree isn't an automatic ticket to getting a job. There are so many unemployed graduates in my Country and the government is doing nothing to salvage the situation.

Yes , University degree is worth it , but it is not sufficient enough to get your dream job. In our country as well , most of the graduated students are left unemployed , and it is happening in engineering stream. So , students should focus on other things and try to develop more skills along with focusing on studies.
I agree you 100% I don't like the word useless that the poster used. University degree is not useless is just there is no jobs. Unemployment is a global problem. Due to job opportunities the available jobs are given to few who has something extra to offer.

It depends I know I live in a country where our leaders don't have value for education even our leaders themselves are not even educated, some person are still fortunate to get a good job with their degree certificate

I agree you 100% I don't like the word useless that the poster used. University degree is not useless is just there is no jobs. Unemployment is a global problem. Due to job opportunities the available jobs are given to few who has something extra to offer.
Yeah learning never stops so does the education. There is no disadvantage of learning new things , it always helps us to know more and get prepared to learn the skills using the knowledge we learnt from Universities. So yeah it's not useless or waste of time in any means.

More people with no degree earn themselves a good job so.. University degree is worth it but its not an automatic for securing a job in the country that I am today.

A university or college degree is never a guarantee of a job in my country. Though most graduates in medicine and law are get jobs easily, the same cannot be said for other fields. Learning a skill is rather a more reliable way of getting employed over here.

Over here in my country it's not a guarantee that if you are a University graduate that you will get a job because if it is so we'll not have so many graduates that are unemployed in the country right now.

The thing about University degrees is that they're a gateway and not the final destination - what you make of them is what counts. That's why most people keep feeling that University isn't worth attending.
Yes, you studied a particular course but how well did you improve yourself in gaining extra knowledge about what you studied. That's what stands you out

More people with no degree earn themselves a good job so.. University degree is worth it but its not an automatic for securing a job in the country that I am today.
Yeah , it does depend on the individual country and also the particular University as well. Most of the college's have poor infrastructure in our country which maybe the reason for massive unemployment among the youths.

Yes , University degree is worth it , but it is not sufficient enough to get your dream job. In our country as well , most of the graduated students are left unemployed , and it is happening in engineering stream. So , students should focus on other things and try to develop more skills along with focusing on studies.

I have also heard that there are many engineers in India who are having a really hard time finding a job, is this because the engineering field is very competitive in India?

A friend of mine who studied Banking and Finance has been unemployed for over 5 years now. Most jobs she gets, the boss requires to have sex with her before the employment.

Getting a degree is good but it's won't guarantee you getting a job especially in the country where I come from, it's to get a degree to learn but it is automatically job securing you have work hard on that aspect to get it
Yeah, a degree is not a guarantee for you to get a job. You need to also package yourself with skills and other short courses in order to qualify for a job.

University degree is nice mad it worth it. But you must acquire some useful skills that will complement your degree. Lack of jobs are everywhere today.

A degree certificate can be an opportunity to earn job quickly decades ago. But the case is quite different at present age as we have more graduates in the job market than ever before. This is the reason why companies are looking beyond certification when they are hiring new workers for the company.

I have also heard that there are many engineers in India who are having a really hard time finding a job, is this because the engineering field is very competitive in India?
Competitive as well as it's the craze for anyone who is scoring good marks in class 12. It's the society pressure the students face and that make most of the good students to choose engineering after their high school. Students are not getting jobs because they are only restricted to bookish learning , not thinking out of the box or not possessing any skills required in the work place. They do engineering just for the sake of acquiring degree and when the time for placement comes , they suffer a lot. It is also because of the competition especially in IT Software sector where most of the graduates are left unemployed.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back