What's new

Is a university degree and automatic tickets for securing a job?

Yes you are saying in the developed countries, but here that is not developed and there is no need for forestry why will people choose to go and study something like that when they purposely know that after graduation they won't have any opportunity to get employment ?
As long as there are forest reserves and recreational parks in the country, then there should be opportunities for graduates of those courses to be employed. There should also be openings in Agricultural ministries and agencies as well.

In our country it is very difficult to find a white collar job in a big company if you do not have a university diploma. But having one is not a guarantee that you can get a good job. There is a stiff competition when you apply for a good job so you also need the knowledge that you should have learned in school.

As long as there are forest reserves and recreational parks in the country, then there should be opportunities for graduates of those courses to be employed. There should also be openings in Agricultural ministries and agencies as well.
Ok now come to think of it ,how many forests do we have here that is well managed by the government to appoint that the government will employ these people to manage ? Government here does not really care about natural reservation like Forest and parks.. well I believe people who are doing forestry and zoology in Nigeria are just wasting their time... And beside it is the worst courses to study in university from research.

In this present world we are, a university degree isn't at all a ticket to gaining an employment. You have to posses more than that. A university degree will only provide yuba certificate, paper work I mean but what's in you to offer is more important

In my Country be it University or post graduate degree, doesn't still guarantee you any job due to lack of jobs, you may have to send tens and hundreds of applications to get a low paying job. Underline the word low paying.
If being University graduate is something that's guaranteed someone to get the job then why do we have a very high rates of unemployment in our country today with a lot of youths not having anything they are doing?

A university degree is worth it , but it's not a automatic skill to get a job , that's why it's best to learn a skill and mix that with the degree you are doing so you could become sucessful
I'm actually a university graduate right now but I am not really employed in any company and I am well satisfied with working for myself doing the business that I'm doing because I can't wait for the government anymore to provide jobs for me to do.

In my country that was in the olden days I mean back in the days but right now getting a university degree is just a plus and addition mostly to you not an automatically ticket instead skill adequate is looking more like a guarantee than it

Securing a job in my country here is as hard and difficult as anything you can imagine. A graduate with a good grade has no good to show for it. A university degree isn't what's needed most in particular, what can you offer is very important

Ok now come to think of it ,how many forests do we have here that is well managed by the government to appoint that the government will employ these people to manage ? Government here does not really care about natural reservation like Forest and parks.. well I believe people who are doing forestry and zoology in Nigeria are just wasting their time... And beside it is the worst courses to study in university from research.
Well, no matter the experience or in-depth knowledge you have about the course, I still believe no course is completely useless even though the employability of graduates of most courses are discouraging.

University degree is no longer an automatic ticket for securing a job because there are numerous people who possess a certificate. In fact it has come to minimum criteria which the company looks for from their potential employee.

I can yes because is the first step to help one get a good job, university degree is worth to help you get a good and you can added some good skill to back you up.
The only thing being a graduate gets you is an opportunity when it comes of course over here most companies don't even look at your certificate when they employ you rather they check your skills and know if you can deliver.

A university degree is worth it , but it's not a automatic skill to get a job , that's why it's best to learn a skill and mix that with the degree you are doing so you could become sucessful
You are actually very correct because your university degree certificate can only be able to fetch you work when the opportunity presents itself but it doesn't mean that immediately you graduate the work will be waiting for you to capture immediately.

The only thing being a graduate gets you is an opportunity when it comes of course over here most companies don't even look at your certificate when they employ you rather they check your skills and know if you can deliver.
Most companies are now really interested in the skills you have to offer in addition to the certificate. However, I still feel having a degree is still an added advantage during job applications.

In Africa we worship money not really integrity in most cases, this has really lead us backwardness. If you are an influencial personal you can do and on do, because it gives you more previledge.
Your credentials are just a backup plan for the future,so your University degree are not automatic for securing a job.

Well, no matter the experience or in-depth knowledge you have about the course, I still believe no course is completely useless even though the employability of graduates of most courses are discouraging.
Well for me cannot just risk studying useless course but I'll rather go for something that is lucretive and I am very sure I can get employment after graduation, do you know that there are some people that has graduated for over 15 years and still do not get employment ?

I guess our parent braiwashed us into studying by telling us that education is the best way to securing a better future , most especially university education, and we are still trying to make a living years after graduating,

You are actually very correct because your university degree certificate can only be able to fetch you work when the opportunity presents itself but it doesn't mean that immediately you graduate the work will be waiting for you to capture immediately.
Exactly not immediate work for the person with the university degree ,it would give the person vast opportunity and If the person dosent meet the needed qualities ,he or she might remain jobless unless it meets the necessary qualities that's when it wouldn't and get accepted by the company hiring

Well for me cannot just risk studying useless course but I'll rather go for something that is lucretive and I am very sure I can get employment after graduation, do you know that there are some people that has graduated for over 15 years and still do not get employment ?
I am aware of the precarious situation regarding unemployment in the country. Studying a course that would not guarantee a job or source of living immediately after graduation isn't a wise thing to do. Instead, it is better to learn a skill.

Ofcourse, reading chunks of books doesn't guarantee your financial freedom. You need to take a bold trading steps. You should know what you wanted and try to discover yourself . Once all of these are in place , sky is your limit. Although, we must not forget that education is equally important in ones life.
The only thing that I will be able to agree with this that when you are in the educational system the knowledge that you harnessed from the system will always be helpful for you in the future and any kind of job that you're doing.

In my Country be it University or post graduate degree, doesn't still guarantee you any job due to lack of jobs, you may have to send tens and hundreds of applications to get a low paying job. Underline the word low paying.
A lot of people who are still graduating my country are still unemployed which makes it awkward off the certificate and going to the University that all of them did including myself.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back