What's new

Is a university degree and automatic tickets for securing a job?

The only thing that I will be able to agree with this that when you are in the educational system the knowledge that you harnessed from the system will always be helpful for you in the future and any kind of job that you're doing.
It's true that we can't totally neglect education because it's equally important. Most of the well to do of the society may be a drop-out but they still have one or two form of education.

A degree will sometimes give your application an edge over other candidates. Graduates cannot purely rely on their degree to secure a job. If the degree subject obtained not pertain to the job vacancy. Work experience can make you a good match for a particular job today, but without higher education you may lack the skills that are important for advancement tomorrow.

It is even more difficult nowadays for you to secure a job purely because of your university certificate. Employers are now looking for people who have soft skills and can be able to solve the real world problems.

A university degree alone is not enough to land a job but it is the minimum requirement for many office jobs or government jobs. That said, the BPO industry is more welcoming of non-college graduates who possess the skills and personalities that are well-suited for the job. My cousin is an Education graduate but he is currently working as a call center agent for a mobile gaming company. He has been a gamer since his childhood days and he is now using his knowledge to earn decent money by providing support to gamers.

Ofcourse, reading chunks of books doesn't guarantee your financial freedom. You need to take a bold trading steps. You should know what you wanted and try to discover yourself . Once all of these are in place , sky is your limit. Although, we must not forget that education is equally important in ones life.
A lot of people that are graduates today are still unemployed but they have very good certificate and a very good grade from their university studies which means that certificate is just a paper in my opinion.

The answer to these question In my country would be a big no. I have come across so many persons with great results from well known universities but they have been jobless for years. I have seen some that have even forgotten about their degree and are currently into public transportation. Even our government have told the young ones to get a hand trade because there are no jobs out there.

This is what has Bewitched many young school leavers and yet to enter that University degree was a source of securing a job. The best choice of job is self employment.

This is what a lot of people believed , you may be so surprised to find out that after graduation so many university graduates are not able to get employment especially here because of high rates of unemployment. People are now going to the university nowadays for their own personal satisfaction.

You are not automatically guaranteed to get a job if you just completed a university degree and this is something that you have to be very careful when doing as skills is the most important thing now.

Maybe 50 years ago it was, but not today. Very few will guarantee a job or work. I would say anything in the law or medical field is a safe bet but everything else? You are gambling. I know a lot of people who spent tens of thousands on college and have been done for over 7 years and still haven't landed a job for their degrees.

The world has moved far away from having only a degree before you can get a job but now it is requiring more and your skills are exactly what is going to work for you.

Ita a guarantee that a university degree is an automatic ticket of getting a job , most especially getting a white collar job , you need a certificate in order to be considered for a job.

university degree is not an automatic ticket to get my job because there are people that may have the certificate but do not have the skill. Having a certificate and the skill is very important and necessary.

university degree is not an automatic ticket to get my job because there are people that may have the certificate but do not have the skill. Having a certificate and the skill is very important and necessary.
I agree with you. There are thousands of University graduates who are roaming the streets looking for jobs despite their qualifications. So acquiring a degree isn't a certainty for getting a job.

This is the particular notion that a lot of people have held in a wrong way . The university only impact your knowledge but does not give you a guarantee to be employed after graduating.
That is one of the things we usually put forward to blame the university system and the curiculum structure,because most of the curiculum is not industry relevant,which makes employing graduates very difficult.

Employers right now are usually in search of competency instead of just paper qualification. This is why you need more than just a college degree in order to get a job.

I agree with you. There are thousands of University graduates who are roaming the streets looking for jobs despite their qualifications. So acquiring a degree isn't a certainty for getting a job.
Probably there are certain skills you can acquire online and make reasonable amount of money from it. This is why it is not good to depend on only university certificates alone.

Employers right now are usually in search of competency instead of just paper qualification. This is why you need more than just a college degree in order to get a job.
Though we all know that employers always looks for competency when recruiting but we also all know that if you can't back your competence with a good certificate , you can't get any work .

You need knowledge and skills to get a job, education ensures that you have the required knowledge and skills for the job market. Therefore, having a university degree is a ticket to the job market. However, just because you have a degree does not give you a jovb, you also need a degree on something that is in demand in the market.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back