What's new

How much to charge for hourly work done online?

I do not charge people on hourly basis. However, being a content writer, I have always wished to get paid at least $5 per 500 word article. The problem is that I have not been able to earn that much due to the fact that I do not have a great number of customers. :(

online business is not something easy but you are the one to make it easy, it takes allot of your time and sometimes stressful but you have to keep holding on because one the sky will be your starting point

It doesn’t matter if you’re using hourly pricing, flat-rate pricing, or value-based pricing, or if you’re selling services a-la-carte, in packages, or through monthly retainers, day rates, or weekly rates, to accurately estimate the cost for a set scope of work and price your freelance services, you first must know your minimum acceptable freelance hourly rate. Only then can you properly determine what to charge freelance clients and so on like that.

The amount to charge per hour depends totally on the type of job. You cannot charge the same fee for writing content and designing logo. Anything to consider Is the buck of the work. Some jobs are hectic and needs higher pay. Get in touch with professional and ask.

The big problem is that you do not always get to choose the rates. There are many employers at platforms like Upwork who tend to offer their own rates and the employee has no choice but to work for those low rates.

Well like you have said, it depends on the kind of service you are rendering online, and how much resources it cost to render such service. Or better still you can find out form others who are into that same line of work as you are and find out how much they charge people.

With writing services, it depends on what is being written. I'll reference my Marketplace Topic as an example. One of the options in that thread, is me offering writing services to those creating a forum or who owns a forum. Depending on the difficulty of the task of the individual rules, guidelines, or other topics that they would need, my writing rates start at $25.00 USD, and increases, based on level of difficulty. Basically the charge is based on how much time I believe it will take me to complete. The higher in difficulty items will take time to write, so it will end up charging a bit more for it.
For me I am quite satisfied with the amount that we are being paid for our comment on this platform and I can only wish and pray that they earning amount can increase but if it does not increase this current payment rate is okay for the time being.

I know this will likely come down to what service you are offering and whether or not it is a skilled task or not, but generally speaking, how do you determine what you make per hour?

Is there a formula you can apply to any task that will be reasonable? I am not sure what to charge people online for services.
I don't think we all in here have what it takes to charge this platform we are working for per hour because before you join their platform everything is written there for us to read and if you are comfortable with their rules and regulation you can join though.

With writing services, it depends on what is being written. I'll reference my Marketplace Topic as an example. One of the options in that thread, is me offering writing services to those creating a forum or who owns a forum. Depending on the difficulty of the task of the individual rules, guidelines, or other topics that they would need, my writing rates start at $25.00 USD, and increases, based on level of difficulty. Basically the charge is based on how much time I believe it will take me to complete. The higher in difficulty items will take time to write, so it will end up charging a bit more for it.

That's great! I think you are a native English speaker and the rates charged by native English speaker are much higher. I am an ESL writer, and I am currently struggling to find work due to the fact that I do not have many clients right now. However, I will be searching for clients soon. A few days ago, I wrote an article for a person and never got paid, unfortunately.

There are so many things to put into consideration here and also it will depend on the type of work you are doing for someone online, writing may generally be more expensive than graphic design so in this case you really needs to know the value of the type of services you are providing.

I know this will likely come down to what service you are offering and whether or not it is a skilled task or not, but generally speaking, how do you determine what you make per hour?

Is there a formula you can apply to any task that will be reasonable? I am not sure what to charge people online for services.
If a site is to pay hourly, I would recommend paying atleast $3 per hour.
Especially on sites where you earn through writing, the task is usually not an easy one at all.

There's no specific amount to charge for a hourly task. The payment totally depends on the task you do. If it is writing articles or stories then you must be paid not less than $10.

The amount to charge solely depends on the type of work that you are doing. Of it's a rigorous work, you will have to charge higher than if it's a simple job.

I believe it depends on the type of service you are receiving through an internet provider. I believe that at first, you should compute per hour income based on the growth of your business, and as your business grows, you should increase per hour online service.

Personally to me I won't use time as a yardstick for judgement rather I will check and charge based on how difficult the work is

It is important to know your worth in your chosen field as this will help you to charge in accordance to the quality of your service. You can simply you look at how much order expert in your choosing field are charging for a service.

I am not working online per hour. If there are any possibilities to earn a fair amount of cash online, I go for it. I am trying not to count, how much I am earning per hour, as I don't want to get discouraged. I want to enjoy my online money earning activity.

I have done hourly job only twice, I earned $2 per hour on the first job and $5 per hour on the second job. Hourly jobs are very stresssful because you will have to complete the job within the stipulated time.

When working online you need to understand that you will burn some data and some energy from your device, you have to calculate all of this and your time too, then you'll know what to charge

For a get paid to write site such as articles, freelancing, stories etc, I think the minimum in my opinion should be around 10$. Writing is a hard thing to do and not anyone can do it.
You have to be good with your grammar, it consumes your time, its a mental battle.

That's right, I'm right. but there will be others who do it for $ 5 for example and of course the owner prefers the one who asks less.

Online business requires a lot of stress and it's time consumed, you need to concentrate and watch with keen interest all the time and it requires a lot of data. If $20 is been paid on a topic is not too much.
Most of the job we do online is always time consuming and full of stress, most of the time I spend up to six hours working in bizdustry before i can reach the 50 comment dialy limit, the money we earn is not worth it.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back