What's new

How much to charge for hourly work done online?

cyberdog22

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Nov 1, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know this will likely come down to what service you are offering and whether or not it is a skilled task or not, but generally speaking, how do you determine what you make per hour?

Is there a formula you can apply to any task that will be reasonable? I am not sure what to charge people online for services.

Online business requires a lot of stress and it's time consumed, you need to concentrate and watch with keen interest all the time and it requires a lot of data. If $20 is been paid on a topic is not too much.

With writing services, it depends on what is being written. I'll reference my Marketplace Topic as an example. One of the options in that thread, is me offering writing services to those creating a forum or who owns a forum. Depending on the difficulty of the task of the individual rules, guidelines, or other topics that they would need, my writing rates start at $25.00 USD, and increases, based on level of difficulty. Basically the charge is based on how much time I believe it will take me to complete. The higher in difficulty items will take time to write, so it will end up charging a bit more for it.

With writing services, it depends on what is being written. I'll reference my Marketplace Topic as an example. One of the options in that thread, is me offering writing services to those creating a forum or who owns a forum. Depending on the difficulty of the task of the individual rules, guidelines, or other topics that they would need, my writing rates start at $25.00 USD, and increases, based on level of difficulty. Basically the charge is based on how much time I believe it will take me to complete. The higher in difficulty items will take time to write, so it will end up charging a bit more for it.
So you have a flat rate and then charge according to the topic and how long the task will take to complete? That sounds fair and right I suppose. I mean you don't want to undersell yourself. I know some people make less than minimum wage online per hour.

For a get paid to write site such as articles, freelancing, stories etc, I think the minimum in my opinion should be around 10$. Writing is a hard thing to do and not anyone can do it.
You have to be good with your grammar, it consumes your time, its a mental battle.

There is no specific amount to charge on work done online it depends on what the owner of the site the person is working on decides to take per work done and the hours spent on it too

I think its depend upon which type of service you are obtaining with online service.I think in start according to the growth of your bussiness you will calculate per hour income and as bussiness grow faster increase per hour online service

It really depends on the gigs you are offering to clients, there are no stable prices, it also depends on the quality of the services you are offering, the better they are, the more the money you ask for is

If you are a newbie or starting out you can set your at a considerable price. As you advance and the task begins to get difficult you can adjust your price rate to what you think is appropriate to the task at hand.

You can earn from $500 (N180,000) and above per month, working from home and spending not more than five hours per day.

Personally, I earn between $850 and $2,500 (though I have earned up to $3,000 in a month twice since I began 20months ago). That is between N280,000 and N825,000 and most importantly, I work for less than 4hours daily.
I work for less than 4hours daily.

Last edited:
Well it's hard to just toss out a number, because different jobs, result in different pay. Personally, I think $10 an hour is the going rate, and I wouldn't go any lower. At least that's how it is for me. I strive to make at the very least $10 an hour, but I always try to go for much more. But if the work is easy, $10 an hour isn't bad at all.

You can go to upwork and freelancer. Both of those sites allow you to charge per hour as that can be set for project. Many buyers like that sort of the charging and some like per project based pricing. I can tell you from my experience that charging hourly may not be easy considering you need to be super expert in the field for that to work as well.

Your charges should depend on the level of expertise you have. For example, if you are highly skilled video editor, you may charge $20 per hour or more (this is the rate I see on upwork), however, if you are semi skills, do not have much experience even though skilled, you may charge $10 per hour. However, I like to work on assignment based.

Online work is not so easy, though it seems simple but I tell you it's time and energy consuming, if care is not taking it can make you forget your family needs, some times you feel paralized incapable of doing anything just because you want to to meet up with the company requirements.

Let's just say if I ever choose freelancing alone, I will probably charge around 10 USD an hour.

I am sure it's not that much to afford and it's pretty reasonable around here. Well, I am a software engineer and coding stuff can be in high demand, as far as I know. If it's just a writing service, then I will probably charge around 6-8 USD an hour.
These things might increase in due time but these are my preferences at the moment.

Earning money has typically been associated with and restricted to traditional 'offline' route. With the Internet taking over a large part of our lives, more people are looking to ways to earn money online to increase their financial inflows, with secondary income streams.

You should be mindful of the platform that you choose. While there are numerous ways to earn money online,

I know this will likely come down to what service you are offering and whether or not it is a skilled task or not, but generally speaking, how do you determine what you make per hour?

Is there a formula you can apply to any task that will be reasonable? I am not sure what to charge people online for services.
The stress should be the first determinant. Then the nature of the job whether it requires skill or experience. But an average hourly job online should not be less than 5$

Its depends on the flow of work. If the task is hard to complete in a day then i charge $20, otherwise i always start with $5 per hour. You have to put your all time and concentrate on the task which isn't easy for normal free lancers

There are some profession that has certain amount of price you pay for the services render. Everyone knows that Surgeons, Software Engineer, Dentists etc command certain amount of money for their service.

But if your your profession is non like the one mentioned above, it's the quality of the service you render that will dictate you charges. Quality Job demands better payment.

To know the certain amount of the price your clients need to pay for the service, you can simply do market research to know the price range at the marketplace.

The amount to charge per hour depends totally on the type of job. You cannot charge the same fee for writing content and designing logo. Anything to consider Is the buck of the work. Some jobs are hectic and needs higher pay. Get in touch with professional and ask.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back