What's new

How much freedom do you give you employees?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you run or own a business, how much freedom do you give to your employees? I think I'd give them a basic rules rundown and a rundown of how I want things to be run. If they follow that and do the work good enogh, I might allow my employees to have more freedom, like having their phones on them, being able to surf the web while working etc. That's if I ran a business, I'd give them some more freedom. What would you do?

I only care about the performance, I do not care what they do behind my back as long as they have fulfilled the duties that were assigned to them. I pay these people does not mean I have control over their life. I cannot restrict their freedom. I do not mind even when they show up late as long as they stay little longer to fulfil their 8 hours work schedule.

If you run or own a business, how much freedom do you give to your employees? I think I'd give them a basic rules rundown and a rundown of how I want things to be run. If they follow that and do the work good enogh, I might allow my employees to have more freedom, like having their phones on them, being able to surf the web while working etc. That's if I ran a business, I'd give them some more freedom. What would you do?

I have worked in a place where they never even allowed people to go outside of the building of the office! No one was allowed to talk to each other without permission. I have worked under such kind of conditions. Not all the businesses offer that much freedom to their employees and this is something that may make your employees feel uncomfortable.

i have in a company/environment that is so strict that even when it comes to taking a break for lunch can be seen even as an issue where you could be told to please hold on some work needs to be done or to please save it, if you don't eat now you will not die, what kind of statement and excuses.

i have in a company/environment that is so strict that even when it comes to taking a break for lunch can be seen even as an issue where you could be told to please hold on some work needs to be done or to please save it, if you don't eat now you will not die, what kind of statement and excuses.

Well, this is an issue in many companies. They simply want to control their employees for no reason. The bossy environment in many workplaces is what makes people flee in the first place. This is why leniency is needed in many such kind of workplaces in order to make things better.

Definitely. I would give my employees significant freedom if they consistently meet their daily goals. I'll set clear guidelines initially and trust them to follow them. If they perform well, I'd allow more freedom, like having their phones and surfing the web while working, as long as it doesn't affect their productivity. Trust and autonomy are crucial in empowering employees to excel in their roles. Regular communication and oversight will still be necessary, but I believe in fostering a positive work environment that encourages ownership and contributes to the business's success

Definitely. I would give my employees significant freedom if they consistently meet their daily goals. I'll set clear guidelines initially and trust them to follow them. If they perform well, I'd allow more freedom, like having their phones and surfing the web while working, as long as it doesn't affect their productivity. Trust and autonomy are crucial in empowering employees to excel in their roles. Regular communication and oversight will still be necessary, but I believe in fostering a positive work environment that encourages ownership and contributes to the business's success

Unfortunately, in many companies, employees are never given any kind of freedom, no matter how they perform. So, it is much better to switch your job and opt for a company that would be less lenient when it comes to these matters. However, as an employee, you must also fulfil your responsibilities as well.

I would give my employees some freedom but they must be professional in handling their work and they must also adhere to my company's rules and regulations.

Presently I do not have any employee working for me. But every employer should make the rules that guide people who work for him. But the rules should not deprive them of their personal freedom . They are also human beings as well..

What you should understand as a employer is that your workers were not created to serve your interest. They have lives outside their work and if you're not planning to cage them, then you might as well give them the freedom they deserve.

Unfortunately, in many companies, employees are never given any kind of freedom, no matter how they perform. So, it is much better to switch your job and opt for a company that would be less lenient when it comes to these matters. However, as an employee, you must also fulfil your responsibilities as well.
It is just what is interpreted as freedom. In the workplaces there should be rules and regulations. Nobody is given express freedom except when you are done with your job.

My workers are free to make use of their smartphone at work. It's not a slave house. A worker have a life outside work and there's a chance the worker might have an emergency.

The only thing which I ask of them is not to abuse the free privilege I've given them or they face the consequences of their actions.

My workers are free to make use of their smartphone at work. It's not a slave house. A worker have a life outside work and there's a chance the worker might have an emergency.

The only thing which I ask of them is not to abuse the free privilege I've given them or they face the consequences of their actions.
In as much as the workers are allowed to use their smart phone, it should be done moderately and that it should not affect the performance of their job. Though depending on the kind of jobs they are tasked to do..

In as much as the workers are allowed to use their smart phone, it should be done moderately and that it should not affect the performance of their job. Though depending on the kind of jobs they are tasked to do..
This is true, they are meant to understand they are still at work and it's work they came for. They are not meant to over use their personal needs to overcloud their office duties. If any workers is behaving this way, the worker doesn't have good intentions to the business.

This is true, they are meant to understand they are still at work and it's work they came for. They are not meant to over use their personal needs to overcloud their office duties. If any workers is behaving this way, the worker doesn't have good intentions to the business.
Many businesses and establishment are against the use of mobile phones due to distraction it causes in the workplaces
So depending on the kind of job, there could be some flexibility..

Many businesses and establishment are against the use of mobile phones due to distraction it causes in the workplaces
So depending on the kind of job, there could be some flexibility..
I've seen a worker get sacked as a result of this and it's not a good record. I do my best not to make it obvious to my boss or superior, I'm too easily distracted with using my smartphone whenever I'm at work. They will feel you're not serious with your job and might relieve you of your duties and responsibilities sooner.

I've seen a worker get sacked as a result of this and it's not a good record. I do my best not to make it obvious to my boss or superior, I'm too easily distracted with using my smartphone whenever I'm at work. They will feel you're not serious with your job and might relieve you of your duties and responsibilities sooner.
There is no employer can would be happy to his staff always on phone when he should be carrying out his official duties. It could attract query and eventual dismissal from work..

There is no employer can would be happy to his staff always on phone when he should be carrying out his official duties. It could attract query and eventual dismissal from work..
I told myself, if I don't use my smartphone for few hours when I'm at work, I wouldn't die. It helped me to make the decision on being out of using my phone until my work is over for the day. I only use my smartphone briefly when I'm at break.

I told myself, if I don't use my smartphone for few hours when I'm at work, I wouldn't die. It helped me to make the decision on being out of using my phone until my work is over for the day. I only use my smartphone briefly when I'm at break.
The use of mobile phones during work causes problem both for the employer and employee. It caused low productivity as the time to be used in production are used to make calls and browse the social media..

Well, there are many companies that have strict policies. Some companies such as telemarketing companies won't allow you to use smartphone due to the fact that they fear that you will "leak" the data. However, the reality is that they are simply being too strict in this regards.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back