What's new

How do you deal with double posts on your forum?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
Sometimes you will come across members who will post something that has already been posted on your forum, sometimes it can be an easy mistake and other times it can be because they haven't looked. In some cases, if a forum has a lot of posts and is quite busy it can be easy to not realize it's been posted already and it gets posted again.

How do you deal with double posts on your forum? Do you have a way that you deal with them politely if the member who posted them is new?

I myself will first mention in the post to the member that it is a double post, will link them to the thread that was posted already, and will then close the thread so there are no further replies. If of course my forum is quite busy and has a lot of posts, depending on when the last reply was to the thread that is the same as the new one posted I may let it slide and stay for a whole new discussion.

Actually, in almost every forum I have come across they pined a warning concerning double post or rather copy from already posted content. The penalty for such act is most atimes banning of the member engaged in that act after several warning.

Regulating forum is really a very hard and challenging task, as this things happens sometimes not even on purpose, so as a forum owner you should dedicate sometimes in checking out what members post

Well, i don't have a forum of my own and so i have never had to deal with double post. I feel one can warn a member who posted something that have already been posted on the forum.

This usually happens as a result of bad internet connection. If the post are the same then it is just to delete one of them but if it is intentional then a warning to the person who is copying is going to be ideal.

Sometimes you will come across members who will post something that has already been posted on your forum, sometimes it can be an easy mistake and other times it can be because they haven't looked. In some cases, if a forum has a lot of posts and is quite busy it can be easy to not realize it's been posted already and it gets posted again.

How do you deal with double posts on your forum? Do you have a way that you deal with them politely if the member who posted them is new?

I myself will first mention in the post to the member that it is a double post, will link them to the thread that was posted already, and will then close the thread so there are no further replies. If of course my forum is quite busy and has a lot of posts, depending on when the last reply was to the thread that is the same as the new one posted I may let it slide and stay for a whole new discussion.
This question is very key forum management. I myself has been a victim of double posting at a point unknowingly. But the person of the forum applied the method that you just stated.

This question is very key forum management. I myself has been a victim of double posting at a point unknowingly. But the person of the forum applied the method that you just stated.
there are some forum that penalize you for doubleposting even if it is not your fault by podting it twice, it deos happen which can be caused by network issue and it is nit your fault

Actually, in almost every forum I have come across they pined a warning concerning double post or rather copy from already posted content. The penalty for such act is most atimes banning of the member engaged in that act after several warning.
Considering the fact that I don't have any website of my own, but what I noticed in most forum is that, double post tends to be merged as soon as possible, have you ever noticed that.

Yes, the best thing is to notified the poster and then close the thread. Most time it's not the fault of the member who repost a post that has been posted before. The user may not be aware that someone else has posted it.

Since a forum involves many people using it, I think having a similar post is very normal while if it is a double post, it may be due to mistake.
If I don't want to see it on my site, then I will quietly remove the double post .

It is not all about removing it, but I believe you should keep a system that discourages it or a system in place to checkmate it, as this would reduce the excessise brought about by it

I will merge the topics if the content is similar. I will remove the topic if it is blatantly copied from other posts or other sources. I have a zero tolerance policy against plagiarism. Interestingly, some members are posting the same content on multiple sites.

I think that the repeated posts could be removed and the user fined some points if you are able to see that the copying is blatant from the culprit. Others may choose to enforce more stricter sanction, so members should be careful

One thing you can tell users, is to search the forum to see if there is a similar topic already posted. Sometimes people don't like to search, and that in turn creates problems when someone may have already posted an article hours ago and then a new post comes in from someone else.

It doesn't take long to do a search on the forum you're posting on, to make sure that there isn't a post on it already. I tell users that all the time, but it doesn't always work.

As for accidental double posts in an already established topic, I usually let those go if they aren't too many. And maybe it was an accidental double post saying the same thing.

There's a way bizdustry deal with the double post and I do much like it. If I create my forum, I will copy that from them. It's merging of double post. Once you make double post, the system will automatically merge it with the first one. This is better than removing the post.

The best idea when it comes to tackling the issue of law quality contents and threats on forum, I think they should be giving a warning first of all, if they didn't work on that, they should be banned.

There's a way bizdustry deal with the double post and I do much like it. If I create my forum, I will copy that from them. It's merging of double post. Once you make double post, the system will automatically merge it with the first one. This is better than removing the post.
I also like the way bizdustry handles this issue of double posting by merging the post as one, as there are sometimes you would post twice by mistake and some forums would penalize you for it

I would give them a warning and if they ignore it then I would ban them some peaple makes mistakes and that's okey the most important thing that they would change and won't do it again

I have a set of rules and guidelines that all users are required to abide by in order to prevent double posting on my forum. Users who violate this rule risk being warned or banned from the forum. It is not permitted to make the identical statement or comment more than once.

Sometimes double post appears due to network problems. But when I see some members do it deliberately I caution them to stop because it is harmful to the forum.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back