Repurposing spam posts

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever repurposed spam posts on your forums? I mean do you edit the spam posts on your forum and make it a legit post? Well, I do this sometimes. Repurposing spam posts to make it a legit posts will improve activities and engagements on my forums thus giving impression to visitors that the forum is a thriving community.

Last edited:
No, only time I repurpose a post is to remove something that was against the rules. I may enter a note for the user, but that's really it. I kind of find it weird to change someone's posts, even if they are spammy. I'd just rather delete them instead. I don't think people would like words being put in their mouth either. Say you edit a spam post to say something else, the person you edited, might not be too happy about it and might cause a fuss about it. It's better to just delete and move on. The user should hopefully learn to write longer posts going forward.

I did not just mean about short posts or poorly written posts. Let's say some spammers post a lot of nasty posts. You block this guy on your site and then edit all of his posts to make legit posts. repurposing these posts will add more posts to your site, which would have been deleted otherwise. Don't yo think this will help sites where there are not many activities?

Re-purposing spam post is something I can't do myself, instead of changing words for him or her which will annoy the person, I rather get rid of the whole post. Moreover, am not saying doing it is bad but I prefer getting rid it myself. If the post was that important to the audience I post again myself if possible.

For articles, yea, I kinda like to make amendments for betterment. I do make sure all misleading and violating content in it are eradicated.

Let's say your community does not get a lot of legit activities, what if you edited spam posts to make them legit thus giving an impression to the visitors that your website has some decent activities? You can ban the spammers and edit his entire posts to make them legit.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back