Editing users posts on forums

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
What is your policy about editing user submitted posts on your forums. Do you edit posts? How much editing do you think is OK? I edit user submitted posts on my forums especially when the posts contain advertising links, and posts have major grammatical errors. Do you think editing user submitted posts is OK?

Do you think editing user submitted posts is OK?
Absolutely, it is ok if it is edited for the betterment. But when it is edited due personal interest that will mislead or annoy the public stands a no good idea.

Half of forums define a time for edit a post maximum is 30 minutes and minimum is 15 minutes after original post was made. After that time, you need to request from moderation to handle editing posts for you. This is the most known form.

If they're posting content that is against the rules, and is being offensive or advertising, of course I will edit this posts to remove said content. I don't like spammers and people who go around forums with the intent to just promote their things and not add to the conversation. So yeah, if I catch anyone posting stuff that goes against our rules, I will remove it. And eventually if the user continues to do it, they will get banned for doing it.

Absolutely, it is ok if it is edited for the betterment. But when it is edited due personal interest that will mislead or annoy the public stands a no good idea.
Where do we draw the line? I remove links and big grammar errors in the title, but what if the post tries to discuss a legit topic but is very poorly written, would you edit the post? Editing posts is one of the most controversial issues in the communities.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back