What's new

How do I retain the most skilled employee within a company?

Retaining the most skilled employee within a company is very important for a company whose aim is to grow in business. Also, the cost of replacing such skilled staffs is high making it difficult to hire one. To retain a skilled employee the management must. Allow employees to use their talents and skills. A motivated employee will always want to contribute to work areas outside of his or her specific job description. It is important for the management to learn your employees' skills, talents, and past and current experience. Then, tap into it by giving then the necessary environment to enjoy what they love to do.

What’s your view?
I think we can retain our most skilled employees by encouraging them to bring out the best in them.
We can expose them to trainings that can keep them built up
We can also give them the room to exercise their skills and abilities.

Retaining a skilled and experienced employee requires technical thinking. Such employee already has assurance on his/her job security and demands more than that. Most times they request for increase in salaries and allowances and it’s best for the management to treat this with utmost care cause it may lead to ruckus within the employees

The ways in which we can retain most of our skilled workers in our company is by promoting them and letting them manage some department as the head or by increasing their salary.
I think we can retain our most skilled employees by encouraging them to bring out the best in them.
We can expose them to trainings that can keep them built up
We can also give them the room to exercise their skills and abilities.

We can retain a skilled employee within an establishment by promoting him to give additional salary. This can be achieved by send that intelligent employee to various courses that would benefit to the establishment in order to retain him.

Organizing a get together or annual party then give out prices for a job well done to hard-working employees with that their morals will be boasted to keep the fire alive.

We can retain a skilled employee within an establishment by promoting him to give additional salary. This can be achieved by send that intelligent employee to various courses that would benefit to the establishment in order to retain him.
Organising a get together party for your staff and dignitaries and recognising their effort and dedication towards the development of the company and as well upgrading their salary .

Make the workplace environment conducive for them to work without any problem. You should protect your workers from bad customers. give them some bonuses if they go extra mile for the company progress. Reach out to them when they are sick and paying their bills. It will be very hard for them to leave your workplace if you can manage to do all these.

Make the workplace environment conducive for them to work without any problem. You should protect your workers from bad customers. give them some bonuses if they go extra mile for the company progress. Reach out to them when they are sick and paying their bills. It will be very hard for them to leave your workplace if you can manage to do all these.
all these things are actually good but what about for a small companies? There are some small companies that do not have the resources and capital to do half of these things when the time comes, what do you think they should do?

all these things are actually good but what about for a small companies? There are some small companies that do not have the resources and capital to do half of these things when the time comes, what do you think they should do?
This can be very tough and there is nothing such a business owner can do if the worker see a better offer from another place. Everyone wants to experience a better life. The best in the business owner can do is to let them go and look for another person to work with him or her.

Skilled worker are hard to come by as we are having a lot of lazy people around trying to adjust to any salary. when you have someone like this in your company it is very important to do all the things to retain them. You can offer them a salary increment and this can keep them and working for the company. You can decide to organise a vacation trip for such people in order to motivate them to work more for the company and stay loyal.

This can be very tough and there is nothing such a business owner can do if the worker see a better offer from another place. Everyone wants to experience a better life. The best in the business owner can do is to let them go and look for another person to work with him or her.
I get your point. Most times these workers can hold a company to ransom if their needs are not met due to their importance to the organization. Some even threaten to quit the company.

I get your point. Most times these workers can hold a company to ransom if their needs are not met due to their importance to the organization. Some even threaten to quit the company.
I don't believe any worker can threaten a company and hold them to a ransom because he or she is not the one funding the business. I think it is only the investors who have what it takes to threaten a business entity. And this can only happen because of the money they invested into the business.

I don't believe any worker can threaten a company and hold them to a ransom because he or she is not the one funding the business. I think it is only the investors who have what it takes to threaten a business entity. And this can only happen because of the money they invested into the business.
I am only stating it that it might escalate to a situation like that. They may refused to work effectively until their demands are addressed promptly.

Skilled worker are hard to come by as we are having a lot of lazy people around trying to adjust to any salary. when you have someone like this in your company it is very important to do all the things to retain them. You can offer them a salary increment and this can keep them and working for the company. You can decide to organise a vacation trip for such people in order to motivate them to work more for the company and stay loyal.
That is true, you can also promote them so that the will feel respected, this will help them not to think of leaving the company easily become they will earn more.

A lot of good suggestions have been made in the comments and I think the best way is to appreciate them, either by offering them a better contract or a better payment plan. Make sure they are appreciated.

That's right, the business owner has just two options, is either he lets them go like you have said or he can simply increase their salaries. But this depends on how valuable the employee is to the business owner. I have seen cases where some managers increase the salaries and benefits of some workers just so they won't leave.

The best way to keep the most skilled employee is to ensure that you compensate such employee. You should also make provisions for the promotion of such staffs and the staff will be encouraged to perform better.

The best way in which you can retain your most skilled workers in an organisation is to be paying their salary on time and gives them bonus at the appropriate time they deserve it.
That's right, the business owner has just two options, is either he lets them go like you have said or he can simply increase their salaries. But this depends on how valuable the employee is to the business owner. I have seen cases where some managers increase the salaries and benefits of some workers just so they won't leave.

This is a good idea so far it is not going to affect the overall profit of the company. I think it is better for the company will start looking for an alternative in case the first started making some unrealistic demands.

If you want to stay unique among the crowd in a company , you have to update yourself with latest knowledge and skills about the technology or recent happenings in the world of finance and technology or whatever field you are into.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back