What's new

How can an employer prevent employee theft?

This is one of the major headache for business owners especially if it is a business that normally records a high-volume with a lot of sales. Putting technology like cctvs has helped.

This is one of the major headache for business owners especially if it is a business that normally records a high-volume with a lot of sales. Putting technology like cctvs has helped.
This is very true. Having CCTV cameras everywhere will ensure that there is maximum security in the business premises and guide against theft by external or internal elements.

There are some agencies that are particularly responsible for picking up responsible people and training them as agents. You can vouch that if you employ these people they are not going to steal from you.

If they are interested they can still manipulate the CCTV and still have access to their needs. Accounting department of a business must be put in place that automatic registration is done when a sales in recorded . This will give business owners access to what is being sold and other activities that is going on

If they are interested they can still manipulate the CCTV and still have access to their needs. Accounting department of a business must be put in place that automatic registration is done when a sales in recorded . This will give business owners access to what is being sold and other activities that is going on

Well, this is one of the main reasons why the business owner must never rely on CCTV cameras alone. A business owner must create a proper system that would prevent theft at workplace.

A few months ago, we had a suspicion that one of my coworkers was stealing copper parts that are used to fix our machines at work. We kept losing too many of these parts way too often, so the work order clerk at the desk by the storage carousel decided to move the parts in a different spot. Well needless to say, whoever was stealing the parts couldn't find anymore and we haven't had that issue since. Cameras would probably be the best way to combat this issue, but I'm not 100% sure why my work can't have cameras in the factory. We have cameras outside in our parking lot though.

Well, this is one of the main reasons why the business owner must never rely on CCTV cameras alone. A business owner must create a proper system that would prevent theft at workplace.
If I have a business I will install CCTV not really for fraud detection, but just to give general view of what is happening in the business. A business must have a standard that cheating becomes almost impossible because of how everything is.

An employer can prevent employee theft by first of all employing trustworthy employees. An employer can also prevent employee theft by employing a trustworthy manager like a friend or family member to oversee all the activities in the business. Installing cameras is another way to prevent employee theft especially if it is a large business.

If I have a business I will install CCTV not really for fraud detection, but just to give general view of what is happening in the business. A business must have a standard that cheating becomes almost impossible because of how everything is.

I have heard of many cases where CCTV cameras helped the owners to detect theft or fraud. They usually install cameras near counter when they deal in cash in order to prevent theft or money fraud.

I have heard of many cases where CCTV cameras helped the owners to detect theft or fraud. They usually install cameras near counter when they deal in cash in order to prevent theft or money fraud.
It could be true but nowadays thieves and a dubious People are more cleaver. What do you think about installation of secret cameras to monitor what is going on without them knowing ?

It could be true but nowadays thieves and a dubious People are more cleaver. What do you think about installation of secret cameras to monitor what is going on without them knowing ?

I guess that you could install small-sized cameras in order to make thieves less aware of cameras. You may even install cameras in places where people may not even think that a camera could have been installed in there.

I guess that you could install small-sized cameras in order to make thieves less aware of cameras. You may even install cameras in places where people may not even think that a camera could have been installed in there.
Maybe that is the only way that could work out perfectly. In this case that means we have to employ in someone to monitor all these things cus you as a business owner can't do all the monitoring.

Maybe that is the only way that could work out perfectly. In this case that means we have to employ in someone to monitor all these things cus you as a business owner can't do all the monitoring.

Yes, but the problem is that high definition cameras are quite expensive and this is one of the main reasons why many businesses are not able to afford it. I guess that this is one of the main reasons why criminals may take advantage of the conditions.

I think the use of CCTV camera can do the needful in a company and also save you the stress of searching your employees, because if you put a CCTV camera were they work, you can monitor all the activities going on quietly.

Yes, but the problem is that high definition cameras are quite expensive and this is one of the main reasons why many businesses are not able to afford it. I guess that this is one of the main reasons why criminals may take advantage of the conditions.
It depends , some bigger business organisation will always need to have CCTV , that is normal but however this will be very difficult for certain business organisation that can't afford it , most especially the new business

I think the use of CCTV camera can do the needful in a company and also save you the stress of searching your employees, because if you put a CCTV camera were they work, you can monitor all the activities going on quietly.
Installing of CCTV cameras is the best way of reducing employee theft and that can be done successfully if you have the neccesary fund to install the camera's around the work place .

It depends , some bigger business organisation will always need to have CCTV , that is normal but however this will be very difficult for certain business organisation that can't afford it , most especially the new business

I have noticed that now usage and utilisation of CCTV cameras is now becoming really common. Almost each and every street has a CCTV camera that helps people to identify the culprits.

Employee theft Can also be reduced by checking your employees when leaving the company were they are working, some companies here usually check their employee's car when they are going home.

Depends on the business. If it's an in person business like a storefront or workplace, then having cameras is a must. Another thing is to pay your employees well and make sure they have good benefits and all that. I think the best you can do, is make sure your employees are well taken care of as well. If they are, they will less likely steal from you. Treat them kindly, and support them when in need as well.

As an employer, being the best you can be helps a ton in making sure your employees are good and respect you. Of course there is still a chance someone will rob from you, but it's less likely.

Another thing, is to train your employees well, and maybe give out a bonus for good work and behaviour.

Accountability is something that a lot of businesses usually struggle with. Putting employees on a trial period to know exactly how the business works and trusting them is one way of reducing it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back