What's new

How can an employer prevent employee theft?

I have noticed that now usage and utilisation of CCTV cameras is now becoming really common. Almost each and every street has a CCTV camera that helps people to identify the culprits.
Over here installation of CCTV on the street is not rampant except in popular city such as Lagos and Abuja. Arresting a criminal or a culprit with CCTV will not work here since there is none.

Effective and strict inventory of goods and materials could help prevent such issues. Employers should also ensure that employees are motivated with the fair compensation that they are receiving.

One of the best and convinient ways to monitor your business is by installing cctv camera in every corners of your shop just to avoid workers and customers stealing your goods .
That is definitelly a good way of ensuring things and operationns are bein monitored,but on the other hand,one should be able to cover every loophole in the system by ensuring that the welfare fof the workers are covered.

Well, for me, i think employers can prevent employee theft by:
  • Making sure the employee's job description is clear, and that they understand it.
  • Having a clear policy on what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior, and making sure it's easy to find in writing
  • Having employees sign a document that lays out these rules, and making sure they read it and agree to abide by them before they start work
  • Holding regular meetings with employees to discuss how things are going, what needs improvement, and how you can help each other succeed as a team.

So first of all the employer must hire trustful people from the first place, he should also observe exams which test if he is a person you can trust for example telling one employee to tell this new employee to do something which have been told before as something not allowed, if he does it then he cannot be trusted. They can also accomplish a polygraph test to check if he lies at things which can cause problems to the work place.

Employee theft Can also be reduced by checking your employees when leaving the company were they are working, some companies here usually check their employee's car when they are going home.

Yes, there are many supermarkets that check employees when they leave the supermarket. This is because they work in an environment where many products are available and they could steal those products!

Yes, there are many supermarkets that check employees when they leave the supermarket. This is because they work in an environment where many products are available and they could steal those products!
I think one of the ways to avoid employee theft is simply by not entrusting financial responsibility in the hands of any employees. A regular check could also be done regularly.

Filling of the daily expenditure and the amount of money that came in today company is one of the ways to bring about accountability. A lot of startups will not have the required funding to get CCTV cameras.
Well, you can install CCTV cameras In your work place environment, or you can install an automated system of filing daily company income or expenditure so they wouldn't be able to take from the company's account without notice.

One of the most important way to prevent employees theft is by employing someone with pedigree and this could be done by knowing the background of the staffs that you are employing.
There are people with proven track record of honesty
They would not take what does not belong to them and if you put such people in the financial department or you entrust money in the care of such people, it will remain intact.

I think one of the ways to avoid employee theft is simply by not entrusting financial responsibility in the hands of any employees. A regular check could also be done regularly.

Yes, many people usually handle company cards (bank cards) and many other instruments to employees. One must never do something like that until or unless they trust the employee completely.

Filling of the daily expenditure and the amount of money that came in today company is one of the ways to bring about accountability. A lot of startups will not have the required funding to get CCTV cameras.
Do you really think that the daily expenditure cannot be trick ? A lot of dubious people will always look for every single opportunities to be dubious in wherever they are. The most important thing is looking forward to hire trusted people.

Fire anyone who is caught in such act. This would go a long way in sending a message to the other employees to be careful and not try something similar. This would help avoid theft .

How can an employer prevent employee theft? Employee theft is more common than you would think, and it doesn’t have to be high value, but the value of the products adds up overtime and can effectively have a huge impact on wages and bonuses to other staff members, as well as price hikes being passed to customers. One of the biggest ways to prevent Employee Theft is to install CCTV HD Cameras at all angles of the business, and another common method is to perform random staff searches. Are there any other ways employers can prevent employee theft?
For example if employee is working in a shop then generally they eat something when having hunger or even smoking something if they are smokers and this type of thief for employee is just to not let the shop alone but this is not true. What you consume from the shop should be debited from your monthly salary as this is money of employer not your own money. This is most common thief.

Actually I think employees theft is quite inevitable sometimes in dealing with business and also workers. as a manager, try as much to handle all form of money transactions on the business and also keeping an update of records.

Yes, many people usually handle company cards (bank cards) and many other instruments to employees. One must never do something like that until or unless they trust the employee completely.
You can only give your employees your credit card or bank details if you have trusted him or her. I normally give out my debit card to one of my employee because I trusted her so much.

You can only give your employees your credit card or bank details if you have trusted him or her. I normally give out my debit card to one of my employee because I trusted her so much.

Nowadays it is so hard to trust anyone. I do not even use a bank account or bank card. Having said that, the key to using a debit card is to never share your details with anyone, including scam callers.

Nowadays it is so hard to trust anyone. I do not even use a bank account or bank card. Having said that, the key to using a debit card is to never share your details with anyone, including scam callers.
In my country corruption has taken over everywhere and it becomes so difficult for you to entrust your bank details with anyone because before you know it, you'll have been defrauded .

In my country corruption has taken over everywhere and it becomes so difficult for you to entrust your bank details with anyone because before you know it, you'll have been defrauded .

Corruption is much more common in many Tier 3 countries. However, this does not mean that scammers are not active in Tier 1 countries. During pandemic, scammers were pretty active everywhere.

Corruption is much more common in many Tier 3 countries. However, this does not mean that scammers are not active in Tier 1 countries. During pandemic, scammers were pretty active everywhere.
Corruption is not peculiar to the three countries alone, it is a general menace and a cankerworm that is eaten deep into the economy of most of the country but it is just more prevalent in the tier 3 Nations.

This is something that a lot of businesses have crumbled because of. It is quite expensive but it is going to be in the best interest of your business that you should just buy CCTV cameras.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back