What's new

How can an employer prevent employee theft?

AlexanderM

Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
How can an employer prevent employee theft? Employee theft is more common than you would think, and it doesn’t have to be high value, but the value of the products adds up overtime and can effectively have a huge impact on wages and bonuses to other staff members, as well as price hikes being passed to customers. One of the biggest ways to prevent Employee Theft is to install CCTV HD Cameras at all angles of the business, and another common method is to perform random staff searches. Are there any other ways employers can prevent employee theft?

Well, you can install CCTV cameras In your work place environment, or you can install an automated system of filing daily company income or expenditure so they wouldn't be able to take from the company's account without notice.

One of the most important way to prevent employees theft is by employing someone with pedigree and this could be done by knowing the background of the staffs that you are employing.

So first of all the employer must hire trustful people from the first place, he should also observe exams which test if he is a person you can trust for example telling one employee to tell this new employee to do something which have been told before as something not allowed, if he does it then he cannot be trusted. They can also accomplish a polygraph test to check if he lies at things which can cause problems to the work place.

Thefts at place of work is alarming. And every employer just find a way to make sure that this doesn't affect his business. It's very important that an employer installs cctv aand keep a good accounting record

If it is a public company I will install cctv camara where all the employee activity will be monitored.
I also think that when you make right selection of employee such criminal and theft activity will not be observe so before hiring someone you need to know alot about them.

First of all, before employing an employee, adequate research should have been made concerning the employee that is about to be employed. Now comma if the employee now turns out to steal the company's money, checks should be put in place and also test so as to detect the theft.

Creating trust within your employees is the first step to doing this. You should also ensure that they are people wh

First of all, before employing an employee, adequate research should have been made concerning the employee that is about to be employed. Now comma if the employee now turns out to steal the company's money, checks should be put in place and also test so as to detect the theft.
This is true because there are some things that you can just be able to avoid by doing your own research about the relationship with other employers and any history of the person making a way with people's investment.

I don't even know if CCTV will be able to record voice because that is the most important thing, installing a CCTV without voice recorder is as useless as
not installing because I believe it won't have any effect.

The easiest way to avoid theft would be to hire honest employees, but that's really easier said than done. In the absence of that, I think you should make it a point to monitor all financial aspects of you business personally, especially when you have new employees.

Also, it's important that you have a means of identification and a way you can track new employees or their family members in case they turn out to be thieves. Some people hire people they know nothing of and if these employees steal their money, there is no way to track them down.

I don't even know if CCTV will be able to record voice because that is the most important thing, installing a CCTV without voice recorder is as useless as
not installing because I believe it won't have any effect.
I don't think that your notion on installation of CCTV camera being useless is correct because this particular type of camera is used for security purposes and it is often used by big companies to curb employee or customer theft.

Having basic security can help you monitor people but even then, you will have some that just slip through the cracks. I have seen a few times at my local Walmart where an Employee would pretend to be moving a TV as if someone paid for it for their friend to come in and just load it into their car. I believe the same group of employees did this several times for nearly 2 months before they got caught.

I don't think that your notion on installation of CCTV camera being useless is correct because this particular type of camera is used for security purposes and it is often used by big companies to curb employee or customer theft.
You were trying to talk about recording of voice, but personally I always know CCTV to be used for video recording only. Voice is not always included in most cases except maybe new ones are being developed with the ability to record videos and audio at once.

Putting security cameras has proven to be one of the most safest way to prevent theft in any business organisation , and also employing proffesionals as security in your organisation,

The only means I vmcan think if is installing CCTV cameras in that place. I don't think there is any other method apart from that. It also depends which kind of business we are talking about. Since there are people who steal using technological means. If it is in that case maybe hiring a trusted person has more skills on technology.

How can an employer prevent employee theft? Employee theft is more common than you would think, and it doesn’t have to be high value, but the value of the products adds up overtime and can effectively have a huge impact on wages and bonuses to other staff members, as well as price hikes being passed to customers. One of the biggest ways to prevent Employee Theft is to install CCTV HD Cameras at all angles of the business, and another common method is to perform random staff searches. Are there any other ways employers can prevent employee theft?
I understand that no one can br trusted and in a business organization there's also a chance that this would occur. Mounting cameras at places would help. Make sure culprits are punished do others won't join the trend

Random searches might actually be effective in catching workers who take delight in taking the organization's property. However, it might lead to distrust between the management and workers. So, I think installing CCTV cameras is a more advisable option.

CCTV cameras may fail due to human manipulative effort but characters or habit won't fail because it is inherent. I think the best way to take care of employees theft is to employ people with pedigree, people with unquestionable characters. The employer must develop a good paradigm that will check this during the process of employment. Once the employer gets it right at this point then the issue of employees theft wouldn't surface at all.

The most common and generally acceptable way is to use and deploy close circuit cameras called CCTV around and with your business environment. That way, you'll record who is a thief and who is responsible for draining your business finances.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back