What's new

How can a business owner handle dishonest employees?

It is dishonest employee should be somebody that should not have anything to do with your business. This is especially if they have been doing it over and over again.
For me I try as much as possible to avoid people that are not truthful , even if I am not doing anything with them . but I just believe I don't really have anything to do with them. I can't possibly work with people I can't get the truth from and those that are looking for every opportunity to play tricks.

Sometimes you can never correct humans, even when you try to give them second chance, they still go on to misbehave. So the best thing you can do to save your business moving forward is to sanction them permanently when they breach the rules repeatedly.

Smart employers are able to judge employees when it comes to hiring them in the first place. A manager has that ability to hire that good person who is required for the job in the first place.

if you have dishonest employee is it will be very hard before your business can move forward. This is because they may be stealing from your business and you may not make the level of profit you should be making. So the best is for you to fire them.

Sometimes you can never correct humans, even when you try to give them second chance, they still go on to misbehave. So the best thing you can do to save your business moving forward is to sanction them permanently when they breach the rules repeatedly.

Correcting people may be the hardest thing because each and every person on the planet has his or her own nature. The best way to handle employees is to judge them before you hire them.

Smart employers are able to judge employees when it comes to hiring them in the first place. A manager has that ability to hire that good person who is required for the job in the first place.
There is no how you can practically judge people you are trying to hire into your business. I would be difficult most especially when you don't have ability to practice your business with the person.

There is no how you can practically judge people you are trying to hire into your business. I would be difficult most especially when you don't have ability to practice your business with the person.

Sometimes, even the interviewer could also misjudge people and hire the wrong people. I think that this is why many companies have a much stricter process of screening employees before they hire them.

Sometimes, even the interviewer could also misjudge people and hire the wrong people. I think that this is why many companies have a much stricter process of screening employees before they hire them.
But should this really be put into consideration ? because following of strict process when trying to hire someone into your business organisation may not necessarily mean that you will get the best employee for your business. You must give some people opportunity to exercise what they have to offer

But should this really be put into consideration ? because following of strict process when trying to hire someone into your business organisation may not necessarily mean that you will get the best employee for your business. You must give some people opportunity to exercise what they have to offer

I think that this is one of the main reasons why many companies have a really strict screening procedure before they could hire employees. There was an employer who was demanding my guarantee. LOL! :)

If you employ dishonest employee and there happen to be a conflict I beleive that you can sack such employee immidiatly,so I think that its for the safety of your business so that your business will never crash down.

The only way you can handle dishonest employee is by giving them hard sanction, so that they won't dare try being dishonest again, dishonesty can ruin and damage the image of the business, so heavy sanction is the way forward.
Actually there are several ways to which you can handle a dishonest employee is either by giving them hard sanctions such as upholding there salaries for quite some period of time, or by termination of there appointment.

Actually there are several ways to which you can handle a dishonest employee is either by giving them hard sanctions such as upholding there salaries for quite some period of time, or by termination of there appointment.
Giving them hard sanctions is just one of the way another way is reporting to their family the issue at hand but since that is your business you can sack him if he keep repeating the same error often

Employees can so much affect the progress of any business and so I they they are dishonest then you should sanction them and make sure they don't do such again
That is one of he ways a pragmatic employer would use to address the issue of staff dereliction of duty,because the whole essence of correcting an erring employee,is to help him become better at the job and to himself.

That is one of he ways a pragmatic employer would use to address the issue of staff dereliction of duty,because the whole essence of correcting an erring employee,is to help him become better at the job and to himself.

I think that it all depends on the kind of offence of the employee. In many serious cases, they could get terminated and in many worst cases, they could even be tried in the court as well.

I think that it all depends on the kind of offence of the employee. In many serious cases, they could get terminated and in many worst cases, they could even be tried in the court as well.
I think i am looking at the situation in parspective,that is in a mild offence which at most should just be as a result not following companys ethics of job rules,that would require proper orientation for the erring worker.

Well sometimes the attitude of being dishonest by employees depends. as an entrepreneur, find out the reasons behind there dishonesty and if not legit terminate there appointment.

There are so many ways which that can be done you can handle a dishonest client if you dont want him then why not send him away there are so many ways of doing that some dishonest cleint can bring your business down and never bring any growth.

There are a few things that business owners can do to handle dishonest employees. One is to conduct background checks before hiring anyone. This will help to weed out any potential criminals or liars. Another thing business owners can do is install security cameras in the office and keep an eye on employees' computer activity.

If anything looks suspicious, it can be investigated. Finally, business owners should create a policy that requires employees to sign a code of ethics agreement pledging to be honest and truthful in their dealings with the company. If an employee breaks this agreement, they can be immediately fired.

I have never been in favour of firing people immediately. However, it all depends on the offence. Many employers are quite arrogant and they fire employees for really small mistakes. This is a bad thing to do.

Actually a dishonest staff can be handled in so many ways and also depending on the situation. His appointment can be terminated immediately or he should be punished base on the magnitude of his offence.
Personally I think the best way to handle dishonest employees is to terminate there appointment after finding out those reasons behind his actions and not genuine.

Last edited:
Actually a dishonest staff can be handled in so many ways and also depending on the situation. His appointment can be terminated immediately or he should be punished base on the magnitude of his offence.
Personally I think the best way to handle dishonest employees is to terminate there appointment after finding out those reasons behind his actions and not genuine.
Sometimes it could be very difficult for you to relate back to people that have in one way or the other try to dupe you in your own personal business. I just believe that the appointment should be terminated if we are not comfortable with his or her behaviour.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back